Predict the US midterm results.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predict the US midterm results.

So the elections are tomorrow and now if the time for Apolyton's Master Prognosticators to predict how many Dems and Republicans there will be in the House, How many Dems and Republicans will be in the Senate. Tie breaker: What will the breakdown of dems and Republicand be in governor's mansions? Independents will be counted as which ever side they caucus with. What are your guesses, people?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

I put 35 on Heidi, 30 on Bill, 10 on Beto and 10 on Sinema.

I expect the house to go 240/195, the senate to go 50/50 and the governors to go 24/26.

JM
    Last edited by Jon Miller; November 5, 2018, 13:48.
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

House: 225D/210R
      Senate: 51R/49D
      Governors: 26R/24D

Comment

• Berzerker
        Berzerker commented
        Editing a comment
        sounds about right

BTW, I expect that Heidi and Beto will lose.

Also a comment. If I was actually voting in North Dakota or Florida, the constant emails after I gave and the pessimism in them would put me off voting.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Republican down the board, in every state. Complete sweep.
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

To be clear, I think that finally Latinos and the Young will vote, but that it won't be enough for the senate.

Clearness:
          House: 240D/195R
          Senate: 50R/50D
          Governors: 25R/25D (I don't know governors races as well, but I just changed it to 25/25 from 24/26).

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

D=take the house, closer than current polls.

R=keep the senate, barely.

This is what most of our companies models show. But not all of them. sigh.

I would love to see Ted lose, but I don't see how it can happen.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
              D=take the house, closer than current polls.

R=keep the senate, barely.

This is what most of our companies models show. But not all of them. sigh.

I would love to see Ted lose, but I don't see how it can happen.
              Can you clarify? If it is a systematic I would expect 220/215 (D) and 53/47 (R). The first is closer than current polls, the later is not barely keeping the senate though.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

it's a prediction so it's general on purpose But 220 sounds about right. I'm thinking 50-52
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

How the **** anyone can vote on the republican party in its current form is beyond me.
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Whoever wins, you will lose.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I'm reliably informed by Ben Kenobi that anyone who did not predict Trump's win in 2016 is disqualified from all future prognostication.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Berzerker
                        Berzerker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I called Trump's win in 2016... Just the impression I got when Hillary was trash talking coal

Unfortunately I didn't have an hour to wait in line last week or today... past experience says that the lines tomorrow will be minimal.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I vote on election day. Tried early voting twice and it was much more of a hassle - further from home with longer lines.
                        Last edited by -Jrabbit; November 5, 2018, 20:30.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Me too, If i take the slightly early train home, there is never anybody in line and the poll is only a few blocks from my house. I see no reason to have to jump through any hoops.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                          X