Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Expanse is pretty good

Just sayin'. Watched season 1 and 2.

I read it gets compared to BSG sometimes...hm...not sure if that is fitting.

BSG started with a bang, Expanse is growing slower IMO, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Also, less "shaky cam" than in BSG - it had its moments for "realism", but space stuff looks way more beautiful in the Expanse now.

Though at the start I thought the main guy looked like the Jon Snow actor (which he is not)
    Blah

Is there a season 3 yet? Let Netflix go for a while.

The Expanse was one of my favorite series, first season especially.

Comment

Yeah, I think s3 came out in spring or so.
      Blah

Comment

Waiting for it to come out at Amazon Prime in germany
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

It's really not

Comment

I shall have to look it up.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Watched the first season. Very good, except for a handful of "wtf that's totally against the laws of physics" moments, but very few and not that central to the plot.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Finally Amazon Prime in germany has all 3 season of The Expanse and I already wathced season 1 and apart of season 2.

It is really great ... and hard SciFi (i.e. with a high degree of realism) ... actually the most hard SciFi show I watched so far
                Also goes for the combat ... no blaster bolts and magic shields that may deflect them ... instead torpedoes and m,ass drivers.
                And shots can penetrate the hull and hit vital sdystems .. or even the people manning the consoles (there is, for example, one space battle where a mass driver slug decapitates someone in a ship)

Also no FTL drives that allow you to jump to another system ... instead everything plays in the solar system and the only way to get to another system is by means of generation ship
                (in the timeline of the series there seems to be only one project of such a scale ... the Navoo, that is financed byx the Mormons in order to bring them to another star system

I really like it

On another note:
                After the show was meant to be cancelled after season 3, AMazon bought it and is producing a 4th season
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Entertainment died with the advent of recorded media. I've begun to appreciate content as part of a greater dialogue. Weird as that sounds, it works. Most everything is a recycled plot. Words used a collection of pop news event vocabulary of the period/news cycle, repurposed to tell you a sloppy half recollection of events. Telephone game at best, but through the filters of whatever interest is at play. All corrupt.

Comment

The books are even better... But I do love what they've done with the show
                    And thank god Amazon picked it up for another season. I was really pissed when I heard it was cancelled.
                    There really aren't a lot of great SF shows on right now, and this one is a good one
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Haven't seen s03 myself yet either, but looking fwd too
                      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheRave View Post
                        Entertainment died with the advent of recorded media.
                        Come on now there've been a few good stories in the last 5,000 years.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post

Come on now there've been a few good stories in the last 5,000 years.
                          Nope. Clay Tablets ruined everything.
                          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

it's good. season 3 got it

Comment

I didn't see Expanse on Netflix. Maybe Amazon Prime?
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X