No announcement yet.

The Expanse is pretty good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF I'm sure I made a post to this thread earlier.

Comment

Beltalowda ... new trailer for season 6

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Judging from ca. 1:20 playing Tetris will be really important in this season...nah, looks fantastic
        Blah

Comment

Can't wait... Good SF shows are hard to find these days.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm suck at season 2. It somehow seems to slow, I like it a lot, but feel like I'm wasting time.

Loved the books, so maybe it's that.
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I made it through season 3...pretty good but I can't find myself caring about the story anymore. The characters are just a bit too generic, ya know?
              "

Comment

Just learned about this:

‘Babylon 5’ Reboot in Development at The CW From Original Series Creator J. Michael Straczynski

A “Babylon 5” reboot is in development at The CW, Variety has learned.

Original series creator J. Michael Straczynski is onboard to write the project. He will also executive producer under his Studio JMS banner. Warner Bros. Television, which produced the original series, will produce the reboot.

The new iteration of the sci-fi series is described as a “from-the-ground-up reboot.” In the series, John Sheridan, an Earthforce officer with a mysterious background, is assigned to Babylon 5, a five-mile-long space station in neutral space, a port of call for travelers, smugglers, corporate explorers and alien diplomats at a time of uneasy peace and the constant threat of war. His arrival triggers a destiny beyond anything he could have imagined, as an exploratory Earth company accidentally triggers a conflict with a civilization a million years ahead of us, putting Sheridan and the rest of the B5 crew in the line of fire as the last, best hope for the survival of the human race.

(...)

I find it hard to imagine how a new B5 would be like in this day and age, but let's hope it will be good.

Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                  Just learned about this:

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/bab...x_DI-F9HyLQK_c

I find it hard to imagine how a new B5 would be like in this day and age, but let's hope it will be good.
                  I imagine the CGI would be somewhat better.
                  The first season used Commodore Amigas for rendering CGI scenes.
                  I was hoping for a sequel to wrap up some stuff left unfinished in the series, but a bunch of the actors have since died making it impossible.
                  I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                  Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                  Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Babylon 5’ Reboot in Development at The CW From Original Series Creator J. Michael Straczynski
                    Sign me up...
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
                      ....but a bunch of the actors have since died making it impossible.
                      Yeah show is cursed. If I were an actor I'd think twice before signing onto the reboot.

"

Comment

• Broken_Erika
                        Broken_Erika commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It's like the Billy Bob Thornton death curse.

Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post

I imagine the CGI would be somewhat better.
                      The first season used Commodore Amigas for rendering CGI scenes.
                      I was hoping for a sequel to wrap up some stuff left unfinished in the series, but a bunch of the actors have since died making it impossible.
                      My first computer was an Amiga.

Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post

My first computer was an Amiga.
                        For me it was the second one ... my first one was a breadbasket ,,, a Commodore C-64
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

My brother had an Atari St. But i had to use the family Tandy 1000 SL/2.....
                          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

-TRS 80 Color Computer, way back in 1980.
                            AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                            JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Commodore 64, followed by an IBM PC Jr, followed by a Commodore 128, followed by my dad's old 386DX2\66. GOT A 486 after that. I kept using the gimme words well into the early 1990's because their colors and sounds and game selection were better.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X