• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Commodore 64 and then got an IBM PC that cost more than some cars
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Mine was a Commodore 128, which had real word processing.

As for Bab5, looks like it will be a full reboot. Hopefully Straczynski has noticed the how laughable some of his "future" was in the show. For example, everyone should have a pocket computer/communicator, and 100% video surveillance of the whole station should be a given - even the loading docks and cargo holds. And, given the timeline, there should be many more future advances. But I've been re-watching the originals with my wife, and it's surprising how many episodes and story lines would simply not exist without the show's convenient overlooking of such obvious issues.

I realize the show was done in good faith, but some of the oversights they made when creating this universe in the early 90s were truly stunning in retrospect.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
        but some of the oversights they made when creating this universe in the early 90s were truly stunning in retrospect.
        Like hiring a paranoid schizophrenic as your main lead....

"

Comment

the expanse turned from unsufferable to bordeline tolerable in season 6

a clear betterment

Comment

Working...
          X