Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There must be some kind of way outta here ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There must be some kind of way outta here ...

Said the joker to the thief
    There's too much confusion
    I can't get no relief

Every time stuff happens like shootings or this recent bomb thing there's lots of talk how divided the pol. landscape is in the US, and how ppl need to come together etc, etc.

Do you actually see this happen in the near future or long term? It rather seems to go and on and on...if not to get worse.

Also, regardless of any partisan positions for this or that side - the whole environment these days seem rather to fuel annoying and obnoxious, loudmouthed reactions instead of calm or reasonable approaches to stuff.

Ok, just wanted to say something. Shrugs.

Blah

How can there be an end of division if the PotUS, who is supposed to be a president for all americans, makes it very clear that he sees himself only as president of his fans/followers (and those that obey every command without thinking), villifying not only critical media and the members of the opposition party, but also politicians of his own party who dare to vote against his plans (McCain being the most prominentn example).

A president who declines to call the targets of the letter bombs, sent by one of his own fans and even, on a campaign event one day after the bomber has been caught, continues to engage in hateful rhetorics against the targets of the letter bombs.

If there ever will be an end of the division in the USA, it won't come before Trump has been replaced by another PotUS (even another member of the GOP as PotUS will be better than Trump himself)
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Actually, everything is proceeding exactly as I have foreseen.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if, having won a second term in 2020, Trump promptly changes tactics and becomes all about magnanimously pulling the nation together. He's not a ideologue, so I suspect he'll become a lot more appealing to the centre ground once his position is secured and he turns to establishing his future reputation.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
          It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if, having won a second term in 2020, Trump promptly changes tactics and becomes all about magnanimously pulling the nation together. He's not a ideologue, so I suspect he'll become a lot more appealing to the centre ground once his position is secured and he turns to establishing his future reputation.
          True that he is no ideologue. But he is an extreme narcissist and also extremly resentful.
          Therefore I doubt that he will forgive and forget anyones lése-majesté like not cheering for him or daring to write critical articles about him

I mean, look at the fact that now, being PotUS for almost 2 years, he still cannot forgive Obama for daring to become president (as a black man) ... and also still constantly thinks about Hillaries eMails and about the crowd at his inauguration
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
            70 year old egomaniacs don't change.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Trump panders to his crowd. Unless the crowd changes, Trump will not change.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Fact, the nation's going through one of it's most rigid phases in terms of the electorate. Since 2000, there's been very few shifts in the states won by each camp. It was 50 years or so before things became much more fluid in the 20th century.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

White people remain as racist as ever while the number of non-white voters grows.

Comment

Keep calling everyone whondisagrees with you racist and see where it gets you. It is not a winning position to take to call voters names then to ask them to vote for you. A better idea is to give them a reason to vote for you.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The word racist is used and Oerdin immediately assumes it's him - no smoke without fire!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

"Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                        Keep calling everyone whondisagrees with you racist and see where it gets you. It is not a winning position to take to call voters names then to ask them to vote for you. A better idea is to give them a reason to vote for you.
                        You're putting the cart before the horse. They are not called racist because of a simple disagreement about tax policy or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
                          The word racist is used and Oerdin immediately assumes it's him - no smoke without fire!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
                          No, it is that it has become a pattern on the left as of late to call every a deplorable or a racist or to pretend they are a Nazi. It is a standard tactic at this point. The Dems would be better served trying to win voters over instead of calling them names, hell, Republicans too. At the end of the day how do you win back those people and work together with them? Either you figure that out of the country polarizes more.

It is politically very troubling for the nation as a whole, my not very intelligent friend.
                          Last edited by Dinner; October 29, 2018, 19:51.

Comment

Originally posted by spambot View Post

You're putting the cart before the horse. They are not called racist because of a simple disagreement about tax policy or whatever.
                            There you are wrong. About 1%-5% are actually racist yet people like you routinely claim everyone on the other side is racist because you use it as a meaningless snarl word. You just lied and said "white people". Look in the mirror because YOU are the problem.
                            Last edited by Dinner; October 29, 2018, 19:50.

Comment

30-90% of statistics are made up on the spot...

Comment

Working...
                              X