Ben

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben

Ben was protestant and he became catholic. I'm orthodox. Travelling all over europe and seeing all these amazing (catholic) cathedrals I have t say catholicism, didn't pull any punches. They ARE authoritative, they are the sh!t. Of course nearly all their cathedrals are adorned with greek letters, greek pictures, greek themes but they are catholic. Who the hell are the protestants? Do they have churhces? What an obscure minority theyt must be... they dwel in england and america? these two far away lands and in the pengiun zone

Ben was protestant and he became catholic. I'm orthodox. Travelling all over europe and seeing all these amazing (catholic) cathedrals I have t say catholicism, didn't pull any punches. They ARE authoritative, they are the sh!t. Of course nearly all their cathedrals are adorned with greek letters, greek pictures, greek themes but they are catholic. Who the hell are the protestants? Do they have churhces? What an obscure minority theyt must be... they dwel in england and america? these two far away lands and in the pengiun zone
    Hi BE!

I've never been to Europe. The largest Cathedral I've attended is St. Patrick's in Ottawa. The oldest would be the San Fernando Cathedral in San Antonio Texas, but even that only goes back to the Civil War. You've been vastly more privileged than me.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Yeah.. I wish you could see them and I hope you do in the future because you take your faith seriously and it would be very precious for you... where to start? the duomo in milan with its myriads of statues, gothic style huge cathedral? the sagrada familia in barcelona? the biggest cathedral in the world with its contemporary amazing vitroes playing with three distinct lights, that you think you are have been somehow transported to a magical place? the sacre coeur in paris with these statues of angels that makes you BELIEVE there is a benevolent being above you? notre dame in paris? san marco in venice? or some random cathedral in brussels, in zagreb or wherever else... really I've seen them all and I am mezmerized. also fascinated because there is a greek presence in every single one that I have mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
        Actually Protestantism began in germany with Martin Luther and later moved to England (where it developed into its own form).
        Germany even had a huge war about this, the 30 years war, where the Swedes under Gustavus Adolphus fought on the side of the protestants
        (in a way, victorious, because afterwards the (catholic) emperor of the HRE had to give up the privilege to enforce his faith onto the countries of the HRE ... but whole landscapes in germany had been depopulated ... and one of the richest trade cities, Magdeburg, had been utterly razed by the catholics, with its population being killed, raped and/or driven away ... it coined the term "Magdeburgisieren" for centuries afterwards, as term for utterly destroying a city)
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Mormons are doing their best at catching up on the building department! (This is one of the factors that convinced me to leave the LDS Church in my late teens. No way there's anything holy about spending so much money on pretty buildings when so much need exists in the world.)

Catholic Cathedrals: 215
          Mormon Temples: 149 open, 10 renovating, 11 under construction, 31 future announced

Click image for larger version

Name:	web-1820252.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	284.7 KB
ID:	9363430

Comment

Some protestants had a cathedral but they sold it to the catholics.

I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
              Mormons are doing their best at catching up on the building department! (This is one of the factors that convinced me to leave the LDS Church in my late teens. No way there's anything holy about spending so much money on pretty buildings when so much need exists in the world.)

Catholic Cathedrals: 215
              Mormon Temples: 149 open, 10 renovating, 11 under construction, 31 future announced

Click image for larger version

Name:	web-1820252.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	284.7 KB
ID:	9363430
              The Pastafarians need to catch up!
              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

like worms to a tower

Comment

Yeah.. I wish you could see them and I hope you do in the future because you take your faith seriously and it would be very precious for you
                  For me the number one on my list is the Pantheon.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I like Ben Kenobi threads.
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                    X