Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Law and Freedom: What the Left gets wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

That's crazy especially since you are opposed to the wall and likely want to abolish ICE. Guns will just be smuggled in, just like people and drugs.
    That`s what border patrols are for
    And if you believe that too many smugglers get through ... well, here is one magic thing: It is called "Funding"
    If you give more money to Border Patrol, they can hire more people, buy more patrol vehicles and organize more patrols, so that less smugglers get through.
    That would make more sense than giving money to the rich by means of less taxes
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT View Post
      Evil cheerleaders, be a thing!
      The Kid decrees it, let it ring!
      "Dumb as hell, I'll be
      Insults are fine for me"
      Just be careful Kid: here's Ming!

Gotta admit Kid is a muse here for everyone...
      Blah

Comment

That's crazy especially since you are opposed to the wall and likely want to abolish ICE. Guns will just be smuggled in, just like people and drugs.
        In all other civilized countries, the gun crime rate is far lower. Faulty argument.

And ICE is a fascist agency that needs to be eliminated.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

To Kid: man, you are the worst
          I take to owning you in verse
          Prose is too easy
          Feeling kinda weezy
          This laughter, oh God it hurts!

Comment

Proteus, if you come to Oklahoma you can shoot guns. Then maybe you will buy one and join the NRA.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

That`s what border patrols are for
              And if you believe that too many smugglers get through ... well, here is one magic thing: It is called "Funding"
              If you give more money to Border Patrol, they can hire more people, buy more patrol vehicles and organize more patrols, so that less smugglers get through.
              That would make more sense than giving money to the rich by means of less taxes
              You seem to think everyone in America wants our laws enforced.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Proteus, if you come to Oklahoma you can shoot guns. Then maybe you will buy one and join the NRA.
                I can't speak for him, but I wouldn't want to own one. I don't have any qualms about my d*ck size and don't need to compensate.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Not everyone wants to enforce stupid laws.

Comment

If I really wanted to shoot with guns I could actually join a shooting club.
                    You can shoot with air guns, later with small calibre weapons and later maybe even with large calibre weapons there (to be more exactly, with special weapons that are used in competitive shooting, not the standard weapons you could buy at weapon shops in the USA)
                    After a long while as a member of the shooting club I could even apply for a weapons possession card... i.e. I would obtain the right to buy my own weapons used for competitive shooting, but I would have to store weapons and ammo strictly separated if I am outside of the shooting range (and would also be required to store the weapons in a lockable weapons cabinet at home, as well as a lockable weapons case when I tranport them between home and the shooting range)
                    (actually the only mass shooting at a school in germany I remember from the last 2 decades was only made possible because the father of the shooter was member of a shooting club and neglected his duty to keep weapons and ammo separately locked away at home)

I could also become a hunter, learn the art of hunting for food and trophy procuration, pass lots of test, partially about hunting and gutting game, partially about marksmanship (hitting the game so that immediately gets killed and doesn't have to suffer with a non deadly shot) and handling weapons and woulod finally be allowed to own a long weapon (i.e. a hunting rifle) and a short weapon (i.e. a pistol, for delivering coup de graces), but would, similarly to a competitive shooter, be required to store weapons and ammo separately locked away if I am not at the hnunting grounds.

So, to sum it up ... if I would really desire tro shoot with other things than bow and arrow (I have been a competitive archer for several years in my life), I would be able to do so (by becomingmember of a shoting club)
                    It is only when I desire to privately own weapons (either hunting weapons or weapons of a competitive shooter) that it becomes heavily regulated
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                    X