Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Law and Freedom: What the Left gets wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law and Freedom: What the Left gets wrong.

JohnT claims to support freedom of religion but believes in mob rule, particularly to destroy public property. It seems to me that this is like having your cake and eating it too, which I repeatedly accuse lefties of, but it just goes in one ear and out the other.

You can not have lawlessness and freedom. That doesn't work. Freedom is a law. The law makes us free (politically, not religiously). You can only have your statue of Satan JohnT, because of the law. But you don't believe in the law!
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

More brainless idiocy... If a statue advocates racism it should have been torn down ages ago.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

And noone should be above the law, not even a president, and not even if his party has the majority in senate and congress.
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

And if kid get's his racist statues, then I should get this:

(warning: statue of a d!ck - artistic!)

Right in a public square (warning it's a statue of a d!ck). It's artistic lol.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
          And noone should be above the law, not even a president, and not even if his party has the majority in senate and congress.
          No one says they should be. But JohnT has claimed that the mob is above the law (except when they destroy statues of Satan).

in reality, people are above the law, just like the mob that destroyed public property, because of too many people who don't do anything about it. But I'm talking about the necessary prerequisite to having a free society. That is having laws and enforcing them. In the case of the recent statue removal, for example, the mob told people where they couldn't go, taking away their freedom.

Comment

Public property? So a racist statue is propped up by tax payers? That statue was up there and misusing public funds. The mob of people did the right thing in the interests of freedom. Freedom fighters for democracy are often painted as lawbreakers by the order of racists. If you sacrifice your freedom in the name of law and security, you'll have neither.

Comment

~I've got to you, under your skin
              I have got to you, deep in that part of you
              So deep in your heart that you're really a part of me

I've got to you, under your skin
              You'd tried so, not to give in
              And I said to myself, this topic it never will go so well
              But why should I try to resist, when kiddie you know me so well

Now I've got to you, under your skin

You'd sacrifice anything come what might
              For the sake of having me near
              In spite of a warning voice that comes in the night
              And repeats, repeats in your ear:

"Don't you know, you fool,
              You never can win!
              Use your mentality!
              Wake up to reality!"

But each time you do, just the thought of me
              Makes you stop before you begin
              'Cause I've gotten to you, under your skin~

... with apologies to Frankie Blue Eyes.
              Last edited by JohnT; August 22, 2018, 22:57.

Comment

I don't know why you think I should be impressed with you. Racism is just one kind of stupidity. That's what you don't get. You only try not to be one kind of stupid, and you have no clue about not being 100 other ways stupid.

Comment

Dude, give it up. I'm married, and straight. It will never work between us.

I mean, I'm all flattered and sh1t, but I don't even know you!

... sigh ...

OK. Tell you what. Send me your Grindr handle and I'll check you out. Deal?

Comment

Kidiot calling someone else stupid. That is like Donald Trump calling someone else orange. Here is a mirror.

Comment

I guess JohnT doesn't get it. I wasted my time again. Oh well.

Comment

~What'll I do when I get lonely
                        And you're no longer waiting by my side?
                        You've been running and hiding much too long.
                        You know it's just your foolish pride.

JohnT, you've got me starting threads!
                        JohnT, you gotten inside my head.
                        JohnT, c'mon won't you ease my worried mind?

I tried to give you consolation
                        When Dotard Trump had let you down.
                        Like a fool, I fell in love with you,
                        Turned my whole world upside down.

JohnT, you've got me starting threads.
                        JohnT, you've gotten inside my head!
                        JohnT, c'mon won't you ease my worried mind?~

Comment

~Every little thing he does is magic
                          Everything JohnT just turns me on
                          Even though my life before was tragic
                          Now I know my love for him goes on~

Comment

~You are my obsession
                            JohnT obsession
                            Who do you want me to be
                            To make you talk to me

You are my obsession
                            JohnT obsession
                            Who do you want me to be
                            To make you talk to me~
                            Last edited by JohnT; August 22, 2018, 23:46.

Comment

Statues are a waste of space and resources. Like Apolyton.

Comment

Working...
                              X