Criminal immigrants let us/US down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pchang View Post
    The parents only have the option to take their children with them if they can be reunited with their children prior to their deportation. Due to deliberate shortfalls in the logistics of the system, this condition is often unmet.
    What is your source for this? If a parent is serving 6 months in the Federal pen for illegally crossing the border (the official punishment for 1st time offenders) it would seem they would have half a year to arrange everything for the big deportation day.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

ICE purposely does not track this, but google around. You will find plenty of articles documenting cases where this happened. Vox, Nytimes, etc.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

ICE purposely does not track this, but google around. You will find plenty of articles documenting cases where this happened. Vox, Nytimes, etc.
        I'm sure that those are reporting that some deported people are saying that ICE separated them from their children. Thank you.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• -Jrabbit
          -Jrabbit commented
          Editing a comment
          The fact that you are "sure" of something does not make it true.

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

I'm sure that those are reporting that some deported people are saying that ICE separated them from their children. Thank you.
        You sure have a short attention span.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

My understanding is that family members or designated guardians can pick the children of arrested criminals up as long as they pass a background check. Failing that the kids would go to foster care.

Honestly, I have a real hard time feeling this is anything different from any other parent who gets arrested and held awaiting trial. If family can be found then the kids go to them if not then it is off to foster care. Why should this group of criminals being held awaiting criminal trial be treated any differently than we treat citizens held awaiting trial?

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
            Uncle Sparky commented
            Editing a comment
            Because only a Kidiot would consider the parents criminals. They are refugees. America is a country that should be avoided by anyone not stuck living there. It is not a safe country at this point.

• Kidlicious
            Kidlicious commented
            Editing a comment
            Crossing the border illegally is a criminal act. How stupid are you?

Case 1
          Congratulations, you have served your time and are now out of jail
          If your children are not yet 18, you can petition the court to get them back
          We know where you live and and we know where your kids are
          I don't have the money to hire a lawyer. That is OK, we have legal aid to help you.

Case 2
          If you agree to plead guilty, you will be released from jail right away
          Thanks for pleading guilty, you are now being deported
          What about my kids? We are not sure, our system is overwhelmed.
          You have now been deported.
          What about my kids? You can petition to get them back.
          How? You are on your own.
          I don't have money to hire a lawyer. That's too bad, you are on your own.

Do you see a difference?

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
            Uncle Sparky commented
            Editing a comment
            Canada will probably be cancelling the Safe Third Country agreement with the US in the fall. We should have already done it, but it would be a serious slap in the face for Canada/US relations - in other words, Trump would orgasm 30,000 times if it happened.

You sure have a short attention span.
          You're a true genius.

Comment

Sparky, the vast majority are not refugees, did not apply for asylum, and instead the vast, vast, vast majority of them are just illegal aliens migrating for economic reasons. The few who do actually qualify for asylum are welcome to apply at the border though they will wait in line.

Mexico needs to be listed as a safe 3rd country though.

Comment

Unbelievable. Some people think accusations are evidence and are so stupid that they insist that anyone who disagrees has a short attention span.

Comment

Kid must have finally read one of his own posts?

Comment

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                    Kid must have finally read one of his own posts?
                    I guess you have some secret evidence that is a secret for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                    X