Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminal immigrants let us/US down?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...tion-myth.html

If that's true I'm beginning to wonder what's wrong with those immigrants. 1st they get into the country, then - in general - they prove to be rather imcompetent at doing crime?!?

So great again politicians/the pres love to protect innocent Americans from criminal immigrants and what happens?!? They just don't deliver on crime!

If that isn't enough to know they are evil ....
    Blah

According to my learned and intelligent US source California is post apocalyptic from immigrant damage.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

That article is political garbage and nothing more.. No one is talking about all immigrants being bad. Many people are extremely angry about illegal alien criminals breaking the law. The very fact that this fake "study" has to intentionally mix the two groups up proves it lacks any and all credibility. Oh, and it's study group is only one city in Texas intentionally picked for headlines and a predetermined outcome.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

We know your feelings on brown people already Oerdin.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

As members of an alien caravan beat their fists at the gates, the experts provide the rationalization for inviting them in. John Burnett wrote last week for National Public Radio…

Granted, the guy is a political pendant but he raises some great points about why that "study", I use the term loosely, is nothing more than political garbage and very poor science.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
            We know your feelings on brown people already Oerdin.
            See? When talking about the difference between legal and illegal immigration defenders who want to pretend there is no difference automatically make unfounded dispersion because they cannot argue the issue logically and they know it.

I will have to show you a picture of my girlfriend and I some time. Illegal vs legal immigration is indeed a valid topic of discussion and distinction. Any group who tries to conflate the two is being dishonest and they know it.

Comment

You have brown friends do you?

Comment

We need dumb reps for this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  That article is political garbage and nothing more.. No one is talking about all immigrants being bad. Many people are extremely angry about illegal alien criminals breaking the law. The very fact that this fake "study" has to intentionally mix the two groups up proves it lacks any and all credibility. Oh, and it's study group is only one city in Texas intentionally picked for headlines and a predetermined outcome.
                  Trump is quoted with:

“Every day, sanctuary cities release illegal immigrants, drug dealers, traffickers, gang members back into our communities,” he said last week. “They’re safe havens for just some terrible people.”
                  Are you saying they invented this bit? And btw, that he added "some terrible people" is rather lip service after starting with "every day blah blah".

Oh, and it's study group is only one city in Texas intentionally picked for headlines and a predetermined outcome.
                  At the end:

This is not the only study showing that immigration does not increase crime. A broad survey released in January examined years of research on the immigrant-crime connection, concluding that an overwhelming majority of studies found either no relationship between the two or a beneficial one, in which immigrant communities bring economic and cultural revitalization to the neighborhoods they join.
                  (bolding by someone)

When talking about the difference between legal and illegal immigration defenders who want to pretend there is no difference automatically make unfounded dispersion because they cannot argue the issue logically and they know it.
                  If your point is that they're criminal because they come illegally, well - that is correct in the legal sense, but if the numbers on crime beyond the mere fact that they came illegally are actually going down it means illegal immigrants are mostly guilty of being in the wrong place, which is a far cry from Trump's generic "drug dealers, traffickers, gang members..."
                  Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    We need dumb reps for this site.
                    You have outed yourself for years as a racist.

Boo-hoo if I don't take you seriously on the topic.

Comment

Yep, definitely need dumb reps.

Comment

Ohh I am once again slain.

Are you and Kid neighbours?

Comment

No, it is not invented. The "sanctuary" policies literally only benefit criminals. We are not just talking about immigration offenses but people who got arrested by state or local police for completely unrelated offenses, often felonies, and their deportation is blocked. That is just wrong. Illegal aliens who literally are getting arrested for other crimes are EXACTLY who should be prioritized for deportation.

Comment

To Oerdin:
                            I'm not sure where your impressions come from, but perhaps you will be open to some additional information. The CATO institute (which I think most will agree has a moderate right wing bias) studied criminal data from the state of Texas. They found that illegal immigrants were 25% less likely to be convicted of homicide than Americans by birth. They also found that legal immigrants were 87% less likely to be convicted of homicide than Americans by birth. While not comprehensive, (only 1 state and 1 year), it is one of the few studies that made a separation between legal and illegal immigrants and was broader than most studies.
                            President Donald Trump signed an executive order directing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to deport most illegal immigrants who encounter law enforcement, and Attorney General Jeff Sessions is attempting to withhold federal funds from local police departments that do not cooperate with DHS in that effort.1 Underlying both actions is the belief that illegal immigrants are a significant source of crime.2 Thi...
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Dinner keeps getting called a racist for believing in border laws and he's just like, "meh, I'll still be a liberal."

Do conservatives lie about you like that?
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                              X