• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    Ohh I am once again slain.

Are you and Kid neighbours?
    No. He lives in a sanctuary state.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
      To Oerdin:
      I'm not sure where your impressions come from, but perhaps you will be open to some additional information. The CATO institute (which I think most will agree has a moderate right wing bias) studied criminal data from the state of Texas. They found that illegal immigrants were 25% less likely to be convicted of homicide than Americans by birth. They also found that legal immigrants were 87% less likely to be convicted of homicide than Americans by birth. While not comprehensive, (only 1 state and 1 year), it is one of the few studies that made a separation between legal and illegal immigrants and was broader than most studies.
      Did they count the deported immigrants?

Btw, CATO is open borders. Calling them right wing doesn't help you.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post

Trump is quoted with:

Are you saying they invented this bit? And btw, that he added "some terrible people" is rather lip service after starting with "every day blah blah".

At the end:

(bolding by someone)

If your point is that they're criminal because they come illegally, well - that is correct in the legal sense, but if the numbers on crime beyond the mere fact that they came illegally are actually going down it means illegal immigrants are mostly guilty of being in the wrong place, which is a far cry from Trump's generic "drug dealers, traffickers, gang members..."
        BeBro: Criminals shouldn't be deported, because Trump doesn't like them.
        Last edited by Kidlicious; June 23, 2018, 20:18.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post

Trump is quoted with:

Are you saying they invented this bit? And btw, that he added "some terrible people" is rather lip service after starting with "every day blah blah".

At the end:

(bolding by someone)

If your point is that they're criminal because they come illegally, well - that is correct in the legal sense, but if the numbers on crime beyond the mere fact that they came illegally are actually going down it means illegal immigrants are mostly guilty of being in the wrong place, which is a far cry from Trump's generic "drug dealers, traffickers, gang members..."
          BeBro: Criminals shouldn't be deported because Trump doesn't like them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            Btw, CATO is open borders. Calling them right wing doesn't help you.
            Have you ever wondered why it is difficult to find things you are not looking for?
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              Kidiot is an idiot.

Originally posted by pchang View Post

Have you ever wondered why it is difficult to find things you are not looking for?
            I don't know what you mean, but it seems that you didn't get the point. Do you know of any studies by think tanks that believe in secure borders?

Comment

I have to say that you liberals are sane compared to so many liberals that are still acting like children are in concentration camps. Sincerely, thank you.

Comment

There are still 2300 children being kept in concentration camps or in foster care. And the administration has no plans about how to reunite those kids with their parents.

I didn't realize there was a protest in my neighborhood but I will be going to a protest next week.

There is nothing clearer that this administration has done that deserves the name Nazi then removing kids from their parents (including kids younger than 1) who asked for asylum or who tried to cross the border illegally.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Trump’s family-separation policy is horrible, but equating it with genocide is both historically and strategically misguided.

This article is correct. There is no holocaust here yet (and we haven't heard evidence that Trump intends to do one), but the Nazi's also did concentration camps. I think it is fair to say that concentration camps are Nazi even if other groups did it (like the US against the Japanese).

JM
                  (Almost all people didn't hear evidence that Hitler intended to do the Holocaust in the 30s and were in denial about it until the end of the war... so I think the relevant issue is concentration camps and not evidence/proof of gas chambers/genocide.)
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                    Uncle Sparky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Trump has made it clear that all illegal immigrants are here to kill Americans and rape your children. They are all evil, just like Jews used to be evil. 100% like it.

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                  There are still 2300 children being kept in concentration camps or in foster care. And the administration has no plans about how to reunite those kids with their parents.

I didn't realize there was a protest in my neighborhood but I will be going to a protest next week.

There is nothing clearer that this administration has done that deserves the name Nazi then removing kids from their parents (including kids younger than 1) who asked for asylum or who tried to cross the border illegally.

JM
                  I should have known.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ration/563480/

This article is correct. There is no holocaust here yet (and we haven't heard evidence that Trump intends to do one), but the Nazi's also did concentration camps. I think it is fair to say that concentration camps are Nazi even if other groups did it (like the US against the Japanese).

JM
                    (Almost all people didn't hear evidence that Hitler intended to do the Holocaust in the 30s and were in denial about it until the end of the war... so I think the relevant issue is concentration camps and not evidence/proof of gas chambers/genocide.)
                    No

Concentration camp, internment centre for political prisoners and members of national or minority groups who are confined for reasons of state security, exploitation, or punishment, usually by executive decree or military order. Persons are placed in such camps often on the basis of identification with a particular ethnic or political group rather than as individuals and without benefit either of indictment or fair trial. Concentration camps are to be distinguished from prisons interning persons lawfully convicted of civil crimes and from prisoner-of-war
                    etc...

Concentration camp, internment center for political prisoners and members of national or minority groups who are confined for reasons of state security, exploitation, or punishment, usually by executive decree or military order. Persons are placed in such camps often without benefit of either indictment or fair trial.

Comment

Dinner has been called a racist long before this. His history goes back years.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

He also loves Hitlary.

Comment

Usually be people who lose debates and then want to needlessly throw around snarl words. :shrug:
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

He also loves Hitlary.
                            I didn't even vote for Hillary, my clueless and perpetually wrong friend. I supported Sanders then voted for Jill Stein as a protest vote.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                            X