So ... WWIII Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aeson View Post

I think the point is continuing to escalate is likely to at some point cause something to break badly. The straw that breaks the camel's back may not be a terrible significant one on it's own. Both China and the US are riding bubbles. The US is becoming more xenophobic. China has a massive demographics problem looming. China and the US are at odds in the S China Sea. Trump is a raving moron. It's not a good mix.
    On this I agree, but that's like 10% of the article of your read it squinting with your head on the side
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Is it too late to become a prepper?
      We need prepper spray.

Edit. oh and my totally sound theory about the recent situation is that HappyPutin told Trumpelstiltskin to play madman to make Putin look more reasonable/happy.
      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
        Won't Chinese tariffs cause soy prices to drop for anyone not Chinese?
        They already have (at least for a short time).

http://markets.businessinsider.com/n...8-4-1020455587
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by ZEE View Post
          Well, don't worry guys. I am doing my part to try and "speed things up."
          DAMNit AHHZ!

Edit: Oh crap; right. Please don't damnit, AAHZ...
          AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
          JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

See, the problem AAHZ is that you're actually being nice to a lot of people with these tricks you're pulling. All those fundamentalist Christians and the whole military industrial complex just love the idea of an Apocalypse for example. You should show them, and bring about world peace instead. They'll hate it!

Comment

And the US, France, and Britain are bombing Damascus.
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

It seems despite the bluster Russian forces are keeping a low profile.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

See, the problem AAHZ is that you're actually being nice to a lot of people with these tricks you're pulling. All those fundamentalist Christians and the whole military industrial complex just love the idea of an Apocalypse for example. You should show them, and bring about world peace instead. They'll hate it!

That's actually radical enough to work! But have more "personal" matters to attend to here in my city first. A little matter of disrespect. Until this matter has been "resolved" I'm focusing all my energy and curses on that. And don't worry; I AM going after the "bad guys" on this one
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I see we attacked chemical weapons storage facilities. Wouldn't that, uh, release and/or vaporize the chemical weapons, and potentially make them drift about killing more civilians than they did when Assad used them?
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Not really. Trumpeting the attack for about a week gave Syria & friends plenty of time to vacate likely targets, just like last time.
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

China can get soy products from the Philippines. I checked, there's some in the store. The store is owned by the Chinese. Draw what conclusions you will..
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

So good that they didn't elect a warmonger like Hillary
                          Rumors say that the Operations against Syria have been named Operation Desert Stormy
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                            I see we attacked chemical weapons storage facilities. Wouldn't that, uh, release and/or vaporize the chemical weapons, and potentially make them drift about killing more civilians than they did when Assad used them?
                            Here's my expertise on this, taken directly from the internet:

Another potential risk was that hitting any chemical weapons could result in spreading the poison. But British chemical weapons experts said the risk was minimal and that any chemical weapons would be blown up rather than dispersed.

Hamish de Bretton-Gordon, a chemical weapons expert who led the UK and Nato chemical weapons response teams, said:“The best way to destroy chemical weapons is to blow them up.”

Another chemical weapons expert, Richard Guthrie, said it depended on the form the material was in and how it is stored. At one extreme, he said, referring to an unpublished study he did on the impact of an attack on a chemical plant in the Balkans, there could have been a substantial loss of life. “At the other extreme, a small stockpile of materials for chemical weapons held in binary form probably wouldn’t cause a huge hazard if bombed,” Guthrie said.
                            So basically "it depends". From https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...orld-war-three
                            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                              Reports are saying all three targets were empty of personnel and equipment as they were evacuated on Weds and Thursday. Apparently, someone tipped off the Russians about the three targets and the Russians tipped off Assad. It seems tiny hands Trump made some sort of deal with Putin as the Russians stood down and did not resist as they claimed they would while the alliance only did one off bombings of three now empty buildings.

If I was either the UK or France I would be pissed because Trump made the whole thing pointless and nothing more than a photo op.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It was pointless anyway. We have no intention of removing Assad from power--whoever took his place would likely be worse, if only from our perspective--and it's not like chemical weapons are incredibly hard to make. He could likely replenish his entire stockpile for less cost than a single one of the Tomahawks we used to wreck it. What's he going to say? "Well, I've spent years reducing my country to rubble in the name of holding on to it, killed tons of people, on my side and otherwise, I've got various gangs ruling over large chunks of my former territory--oh no, a limited-scope one-off attack! Better knuckle under to this foreign power with no stomach for a long occupation!"
                                1011 1100
                                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                                X