Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah View Post
    Yeah, just hilarious. But expected.
    The only funny part is that he just used actual Whataboutism, and you are too stupid to know the difference.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• -Jrabbit
      -Jrabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      Whataboutism refers to a blatant attempt to change the topic without addressing the topic, e.g. "But what about Benghazi?"
      I made a simple comparison in order to emphasize a point. And while "pot-kettle-black" is a reasonable assessment of that point, that is nothing remotely close to Whataboutism.

Here's another simile: You calling other people stupid is like a politician accusing his opponent of something he is personally guilty of.
      Last edited by -Jrabbit; November 14, 2017, 18:14.

I made a mistake with the thread title, should have been

Oy Poor Roy Moore

Comment

I didn't know you were Yiddish.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I'm not, well, not that I know anyway, wouldn't surprise me if I had a bit in me, but oy not only rhymes with Roy it better describes his predicament than oh

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
          I made a mistake with the thread title, should have been

Oy Poor Roy Moore

No Problem...
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I guess it's no surprise that liberals judge people for what they did 40 years ago.

Comment

Molesting underaged girls is a good thing to judge someone on. It is funny to see people who supported the bathroom ban for transwomen because of an imaginary threat to young girls now supporting an actual pedophile.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                Molesting underaged girls is a good thing to judge someone on. It is funny to see people who supported the bathroom ban for transwomen because of an imaginary threat to young girls now supporting an actual pedophile.
                The tragedy is that you don't understand the importance of making a correct judgement, or when people who think differently from you are making an incorrect judgement.

Nobody is saying that transgender people can't use particular bathrooms. We are saying that men must use the men's room and women must use the women's room. It's got absolutely nothing to do with judging people whatsoever. You are the only people passing judgement. LIBERALS.

Re what people did 40 yrs ago, it simply has nothing to do with who they are today. And to insist otherwise is to deserve ridicule.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                  -Jrabbit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kid, do you really think Roy Moore would have had a successful legal career if his activities of 40 years ago were public knowledge at the time?

• Kidlicious
                  Kidlicious commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Proteus, I'm a supporter of the death penalty in limited circumstances, but not because the person deserved it. Your argument doesn't really work in the case of people like Saddam Hussein who, because of his status, posed a threat to Iraqi society. There are others as well who should receive the death penalty under special circumstances, but I'm generally against it.

But with those special cases in mind, it is right to judge them at the time of their execution for what they have done as it is reasonable to assume that it is an indication of their character. It does not matter what their character would have become. It may have become even more evil for all we know.

• Kidlicious
                  Kidlicious commented
                  Editing a comment
                  JR,
                  I don't imagine so. It rains on the wicked as well as the righteous. But that says nothing about his character now. Maybe he is ashamed of his sins and so tries harder than others to do good.

If people knew 40 years ago he would be considered scum, but since he was able to keep it a secret for 40 years, he's really ok.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                  I guess it's no surprise that liberals judge people for what they did 40 years ago.
                  he's lying about it now...and if he was himself 17-18 and he molested a 14 year old I'd be more forgiving, but a 32 year old man and a 14 year old...? Lemme ask you Kid, if he molested your 14 year old daughter, how would you feel about him? If a father caught him in the act and killed him, what would you do as a juror judging the father for murder?

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post

he's lying about it now...and if he was himself 17-18 and he molested a 14 year old I'd be more forgiving, but a 32 year old man and a 14 year old...? Lemme ask you Kid, if he molested your 14 year old daughter, how would you feel about him? If a father caught him in the act and killed him, what would you do as a juror judging the father for murder?
                    First of all no one even claimed that he molested anyone. FCS, not even WaPo said that. Realky?! Get a grip.

Second, if he had those relations with my daughter I would be biased. Why are you asking what I would think? Doesn't matter.

​​​​​​​Third, lying about it is wrong (assuming that he is) but certainly no reason not to vote for him.

Comment

Re what people did 40 yrs ago, it simply has nothing to do with who they are today. And to insist otherwise is to deserve ridicule.
                      OK, let's have a look at Moore's legal career. He was thrown off the AL Supreme Court for defying the US Supreme Court. But maybe you think that was just his Christianity showing, that the SCOTUS was wrong, and that was somehow what Moore did was A-OK.

Let's just look at his actual rulings, which should clearly show his strong moral compass. Like this:

That was 2 years ago, in 2015. Yeah, quite the Christian hero...
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I dont have a problem with his 10 Commandments monument, I think the courts are misreading the establishment clause on that matter. The link isn't working for me but I did hear he voted to make it easier for accused child molesters (their lawyers) to investigate their accusers. Albeit what are they gonna find out about a 4 year old? That little slut was dressed provocatively? I didn't know he was the sole dissenter, but he does seem to have a conflict of interest I'm inclined to support the accused' ability to defend themselves even when the courts want to protect the accusers. We have the right to confront our accusers...

First of all no one even claimed that he molested anyone. FCS, not even WaPo said that. Realky?! Get a grip.

Second, if he had those relations with my daughter I would be biased. Why are you asking what I would think? Doesn't matter.

​​​​​​​Third, lying about it is wrong (assuming that he is) but certainly no reason not to vote for him.
                        Isn't he accused of 'fondling' a 14 year old? Of course you'd be biased, thats why I ask. But he's just not lying now, he's lying about molesting a 14 year old. Lying now matters given what he's lying about.
                        Last edited by Berzerker; November 15, 2017, 00:02.

Comment

Hm, maybe links don't work inside of quotes.

This is about his legal career and not his personal life. The ruling is from 2015. And yet, it's worse than you think.

Roy Moore Cast The Sole Vote In Favor Of A Man Who Raped A Four-Year-Old

Embattled Alabama Senate Republican candidate Roy Moore once cast the lone vote in favor of a man accused of raping a four-year-old boy.

In 2015, Roy Moore was performing his second stint as a justice sitting on the Alabama Supreme Court–Moore was previously removed from office for ignoring a federal court order mandating the removal of a Ten Commandments monument from the state judicial building.

The Alabama Supreme Court had the opportunity to hear the case of one Eric Lemont Higdon, a man accused and convicted of two sodomy charges due to sexual assault against a four-year-old at Mama’s Place Christian Academy in Clay, Alabama.

One of those convictions was first-degree sodomy of a child less than 12 years old. The other conviction was first-degree sodomy by forcible compulsion. Essentially, the first conviction was for statutory rape; the second for forcible rape.

Higdon’s conviction on the forcible rape charge was eventually overturned on appeal. The state, by way of prosecutor Luther Strange, appealed that decision and the Alabama Supreme Court took the case up for review.

Eight of the nine justices on the panel found that the appeals court had erred. Their legal logic was such that a 17-year-old’s sexual assault of a four-year-old was enough to produce in the mind of the four-year-old, an “implied threat of serious physical injury.” The decision was reversed and remanded and Higdon’s conviction was reinstated.

Roy Moore dissented from that opinion. He wrote:
                          Because there was no evidence in this case of an implied threat of serious physical injury…or of an implied threat of death, Higdon cannot be convicted of sodomy in the first degree “by forcible compulsion.”
                          TL/DR: If Roy Moore had his way, a convicted child rapist would have walked.

Link: https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...four-year-old/

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

thx Jr... I just assumed the victim was a little girl.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                              -Jrabbit commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I know, right? I was pretty surprised. And you're welcome.
                          Working...
                          X