Oy Poor Roy Moore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's always someone.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
      Most Protestants don't believe in the perpetual virginity of Mary. They prefer that she remain as prosaically human as possible, as it keeps Papist tendencies at bay. And, of course, that's a really ****ed up thing to say about accusations of sexual assault one way or another.
      Just as an aside -- do Orthodox Christians believe in the perpetual virginity of Mary, and why/why not? I think I understand the Roman Catholic and Calvinist positions pretty well.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Jesus had brothers.

edit: I guess many protestant churches believe in that doctrine actually.

Comment

Flash polls saying it's very close now. Moore isn't stepping down.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
            I agree with Elok.
            I doubt that it will dissuade many republican voters from voting for him.
            Especially no evangelical voters, as it seems like Moore is a hardcore evangelical christian, who would like to institute the 10 commandments as law in Alabama
            (so for evangelicals he surely is the leader that was sent by god for them )

Good for Moore that none of the 10 commandments says that you should not molest a 14 years old girl
            (unless she already is married/betrothed to someoone else, of course)
            And democrats elected Obama after they all knew that he attended the God Damn America Church. And I don't know one of them that admits that Obama hates America.

Comment

It's only the wack jobs on the other side that thought Obama hated America.
              I voted against him the first time and even I knew he didn't Hate America. Most of my Republican buddies felt the same way.
              Again only the wackos believed that and that he was a Muslim and born in Africa

But then some people still believe the earth is flat. So there are no shortage of nut jobs.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

But Obama provides tons of evidence that he loves America and there is 0 evidence he hates America.

I am certain he loves America more than I or anyone in my extended family.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                  I voted against him the first time and even I knew he didn't Hate America. Most of my Republican buddies felt the same way.

But then some people still believe the earth is flat. So there are no shortage of nut jobs.
                  Last year many of my extended family still thought he was an athiest communist muslim born in Kenya.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

AS I said, there is no shortage of wack jobs. Proven facts mean nothing to those types.
                    Of course our current president tweeted those beliefs many times.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What did you think after he through his grandmother under the bus in his refusal to denounce Wright? Nvm, already know.

Comment

He was a very charismatic and likable man but I was always thrown off by his I'm the outsider newcomer who will bring harmony when all he was, was just another typical CHICAGO politician.

And what does that have to do with fantasizing that he's a muslim born in Kenya? NVM, already know.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post

Just as an aside -- do Orthodox Christians believe in the perpetual virginity of Mary, and why/why not? I think I understand the Roman Catholic and Calvinist positions pretty well.
                          We do, based on a longstanding tradition. There are various arguments for and against, with the strongest for being Jesus commending his mother to John from the cross and the strongest against being "he knew her not until," which I imagine is what the Catholics say. I don't have a strong opinion on it either way and so haven't bothered to look into it fully.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

He was a very charismatic and likable man but I was always thrown off by his I'm the outsider newcomer who will bring harmony when all he was, was just another typical CHICAGO politician.

And what does that have to do with fantasizing that he's a muslim born in Kenya? NVM, already know.
                            So you think asking people to say they aren't Nazis is antisocial but throwing your grandmother under the bus no problem?

Comment

Poor Kid. Anything to distract from the actual point of this thread. Maybe you can get a job at Fox News. I'm sure it would pay better than whatever you are making now.
                              As for the Original Topic: http://www.latimes.com/politics/wash...htmlstory.html.
                              A second woman has felt empowered enough to tell her story. #metoo.
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

WaPo certainly likes to empower women right before an election.

Comment

Working...
                                X