Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
    I'm googling pics and I dont see faces painted white, albeit I only see 3-4 guys with torsos and faces painted black.

Charlie Rogers, 25, is the black basketball player seen in a viral photo being jeered at by Covington Catholic High School fans in Kentucky who were in blackface. He believes it was not racially motivated.

But the black basketball player in the pic said it wasn't racist
    Don’t trust the Daily Fail. It may be true, it may just be a pile of right wing bull****.

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190127_075743.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	9371162

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post

Don’t trust the Daily Fail. It may be true, it may just be a pile of right wing bull****.

https://mashable.com/article/newsgua...s/?europe=true
      It's good that they're including it in Microsoft Edge, which is used primarily by old people who don't know what Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc. are. Presumably the same audience for whatever "fake news" is--it appears to be a hybrid of "people are believing lies" and "there are lies on the internet." All very troubling, since in previous ages our Republic's media were invariably paragons of honesty and dignity.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
        Norfolk police 'shocked' at car driven without front tyre

Police said they were "shocked" to find a car being driven erratically on a major road was missing a front tyre.

The driver was stopped on the A11 near Wymondham, Norfolk, by officers in the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team (NSRAPT) on Saturday.

The vehicle was missing its front right-hand tyre.

After giving a breathalyser reading of more than three times the drink-drive limit, the driver was arrested on suspicion of drink driving.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• If we had them flying cars that were promised ages ago this would not be an issue
          Blah

Comment

• Trump has lifted sanctions against Deripaska’s companies.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.â€

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man​

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
              If we had them flying cars that were promised ages ago this would not be an issue
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• pchang
                pchang commented
                Editing a comment
                You’d have to be a real dummy to sit in that thing.

• Right after the Trump administration lifts sanctions against EN+ (majority holder of Rusal), EN+ names Christopher Bancroft Burnham (previously a member of Trump’s State Dept. transition team) as a director.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.â€

Comment

• Collusion ... goes swimmingly
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• The US is imposing sanctions on PDVSA. If Maduro wants those sanctions to be lifted, all he has to do is name a Trump associate to a director position.

Comment

• Even the russian Twitterbots are leaving Donnnie in droves

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
                      I never realized British people spelled "tire" differently.

Comment

• Dauphin
                        Dauphin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Or as a Brit would say:’I realised Americans spelt “tyre” differently’

• Originally posted by Elok View Post

It's good that they're including it in Microsoft Edge, which is used primarily by old people who don't know what Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc. are. Presumably the same audience for whatever "fake news" is--it appears to be a hybrid of "people are believing lies" and "there are lies on the internet." All very troubling, since in previous ages our Republic's media were invariably paragons of honesty and dignity.
                      They will just dismiss "NewsGuard" as having a liberal agenda. They want to believe fake news.

Comment

• I bet Gribbler is a cutie.
                        Order of the Fly
                        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Maduro has no chance to survive long-term with this moustache.

But I missed John Bercow having another field day yesterday. I bet there was a lot of fun "reign in them heckling MPs" stuff
                          Blah

Comment

Working...
                          X