Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• at least your's was entertaining.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal judge ruled Wednesday that Maryland and the District of Columbia can proceed with their lawsuit accusing President Donald Trump of unconstitutionally accepting payments from foreign and state interests through his Washington hotel. The decision clears the way for the plaintiffs to seek financial records and other materials from the president's company.

I'd like Kiddy try to explain his way out of this one.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
        https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/r...--finance.html

I'd like Kiddy try to explain his way out of this one.
        Hitch Wunt! Nake Fews!
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Well, Surprise Surprise!
          Originally posted by BBC
          Republicans have launched a bid to remove the Department of Justice official overseeing the Russia inquiry dogging Donald Trump's presidency.

House of Representatives conservatives have filed articles of impeachment in an effort to oust Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

The measures were introduced on Wednesday evening by Representatives Mark Meadows and Jim Jordan.

They accuse him of stonewalling their inquiries, which his department denies.
          Conservatives in Congress file articles of impeachment in an effort to oust Rod Rosenstein.

This should go nowhere.

And more fun stuff,
          The president's phone calls with foreign leaders are no longer any of your concern.
          Originally posted by BBC
          The Trump administration will no longer publish public summaries of President Donald Trump's phone calls with foreign leaders, US media report.
          The public may have to rely on readouts provided by foreign countries instead of the White House.

Last edited by Broken_Erika; July 25, 2018, 20:53.
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• It won't pass in the Senate so it is just pointless posturing. I do wonder if Trump will use this as cover to try to kill the law enforcement investigation during rhe August recess though.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              Brennan: Trump is guilty of treason
              Trump: I might revoke his security clearance
              Fake news: The President is creating an enemies list
              Sane people: Yeah but ... Oh nvm you twits
              You really have no clue what's going on.

Trump is a petty sack of **** and you can't even see that. And yes, Trump is definitely guilty of treason. Conspiring with the enemies of this country and engaging in illegal business dealings with those enemies is treason.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Jail time has been authorized in California for handing out plastic straws. It's not illegal to knowingly give people Aids.
                You're in the wrong thread. This thread is about newsworthy real news. Not fake news, and not about your silly agenda against the great state I live in.

Oh and it still is illegal, but you don't know half of what is going on in this state.

Comment

• But, but Sean Hannity said so! And we know that Hannity never lies!
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

You did not answer my question.
                    You also didn't write anything to the "Ministry of Truth's" (formerly called White House) doctoring of the Helsinki press conference videos and transcripts
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Conspiring with the enemies of this country and engaging in illegal business dealings with those enemies is treason.
                      As much as I'd enjoy for Trump to be charged with treason, this just makes him a common criminal.

And technically, since we're not actually at war with Russia, it isn't conspiring with an enemy.

But it doesn't make it any less douchy.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post

As much as I'd enjoy for Trump to be charged with treason, this just makes him a common criminal.

And technically, since we're not actually at war with Russia, it isn't conspiring with an enemy.

But it doesn't make it any less douchy.
                        Politifact says the same
                        https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...putin-meeting/

Trumps behavior in Helsinki may be called treasonous, but he didn't commit the criminal act of "treason", as the USA aren't in a formal state of war with russia
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Some say otherwise.

https://www.newsweek.com/did-trump-c...rs-say-1027643

Treason, however, doesn't carry the sentence some may think. Five years in prison.

Money laundering and financial crimes carry far heavier sentences.
                          Last edited by Giancarlo; July 26, 2018, 09:32.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                            Uncle Sparky commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The US is at war with NK. Did Trump have secret talks with their leader, or military leaders?

• Can't straws just be recycled or something?

Comment

• Hmm from the article you posted.

"No matter how repugnant one might consider the president’s statements in Helsinki, they do not meet the constitutional definition of 'treason,' which is very narrow and addresses providing aid to an 'enemy,'" Garber told Newsweek. "Russia is not technically an enemy because we are not at war with it. These matters are far too important to allow partisan aims to diminish serious constitutional analysis."
                            I don't think John Brennan's tweet counts as proof.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
                              A Japanese city has been forced to clarify it is not in fact recruiting ninjas, following reports that it was facing a shortage of skilled assassins.
                              Officials were alarmed when applications flooded in after mistaken reports the city needed ninjas.

Comment

Working...
                              X