Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is really interesting:
    Now that Donnie claims (via Twitter) that Putin/Russia want the Democrats to win in the coming elections, the White House has edited out (from their published transcripts and videos) the part of the Helsinki press conference where Putin said that he wanted Donald to win the presidential elections

https://twitter.com/MaddowBlog/statu...29595883405313

Who was the propaganda/fake news medium again?

I hope noone is opposed that, from this point on, I will only use the term "Ministry of Propaganda" when the White House is mentioned with regards to spreading "news" (like in official WH press conferences and the like)
    Last edited by Proteus_MST; July 25, 2018, 03:45.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Why not call the White House 'Obama House'? I don't see how anyone would find that objectionable...
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Brennan: Trump is guilty of treason
        Trump: I might revoke his security clearance
        Fake news: The President is creating an enemies list
        Sane people: Yeah but ... Oh nvm you twits
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
          I hope noone is opposed that, from this point on, I will only use the term "Ministry of Propaganda" when the White House is mentioned with regards to spreading "news" (like in official WH press conferences and the like)
          I call it the "Ministry of Newspeak"
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post

I call it the "Ministry of Newspeak"
            Sounds fitting ... especially considering what Trump said during his rally in Missouri, yesterday:

:https://twitter.com/Kathy_Hallacy/st...56832913510402
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Sounds fitting ... especially considering what Trump said during his rally in Missouri, yesterday:

:https://twitter.com/Kathy_Hallacy/st...56832913510402
              Are you trying to make his point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Are you trying to make his point?
                Well, we know for sure that lots of Trumpists prefer Trumps alternative reality over the real one.
                If Trump or someone from his Ministry for Newspeak told them that the colour green is actually red, they surely would immediately believe it

Comment

Well, we know for sure that lots of Trumpists prefer Trumps alternative reality over the real one.
                  If Trump or someone from his Ministry for Newspeak told them that the colour green is actually red, they surely would immediately believe it
                  You did not answer my question.

Comment

• The fact that he asked you if you were just making his point, just shows how much he has been suckered in. Just like in the book.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Jail time has been authorized in California for handing out plastic straws. It's not illegal to knowingly give people Aids.

Comment

• I guess the truth hurts.

Comment

• Shockingly few people seem to get the "newspeak" reference.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            Shockingly few people seem to get the "newspeak" reference.
                            That's double-plus un-good!
                            I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?

Comment

• Ooooh! Random image time!*
                                *i'm bored.

Comment

Working...
                                X