No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He isn't going to detain families together if that's what you're saying.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

When he stabbed America in the back what did they say?
      The only people that think Trudeau "stabbed America in the back" are Trumpites.

Our Conservatives can be mighty stupid but they are a long way from your level of stupid.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• What Trump was upset about was at the conclusion of the G7 Trudeau said Canada would not be bullied by the USA, and then went into specifics on trade. This information would have been in Donald Trump's briefing notes - he would have received these before the G7. He probably didn't read it, because he doesn't read briefing notes... he is too smart.

Most of my friends are either deferring purchases, or making alternatives of trading with the US. Everything from buying non-US made breakfast cereals, to delaying a business expansion in the states until Trump is gone. Also in the last two weeks, three friends of mine changed vacation plans and are avoiding the US.
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

No one here (other than maybe kid) is demonizing all foreigners.
          And about 40% of the country that supports Trump's vitriol against them. You on the other hand only refer to them as towelheads, wetbacks, and worse.

I answered your question, you just don't understand the answer. The immigration laws are not just, thus the horrible outcome of enforcing the law the way we are discussing here SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. It is a disgrace to our nation that it does happen. If you jaywalked and had your legs amputated as punishment, I'd be similarly upset. But at least in that case, jaywalking is something that probably should be illegal. Just not punished so severely. Most illegal immigrants should not be illegal in the first place, they should have had a readily available option to immigrate legally. People like you like to say there is a legal path ... but the reality is that for most of them, there is no realistic path to legal immigration. There are caps set on immigration by country which are quite clearly to limit Asian and Hispanic immigrants ... no predominantly white country is in the least bit affected by those caps. In fact the "diversity" lottery was intentionally set up to get more White immigrants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            He isn't going to detain families together if that's what you're saying.
            And of course you dodge again since that is not what I was saying. But you already know that. It's always the question of whether you're just playing stupid or are really that stupid. Sometimes it's not that clear.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post

And of course you dodge again since that is not what I was saying. But you already know that. It's always the question of whether you're just playing stupid or are really that stupid. Sometimes it's not that clear.
              I'm sure all of that is very important... to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                What Trump was upset about was at the conclusion of the G7 Trudeau said Canada would not be bullied by the USA, and then went into specifics on trade. This information would have been in Donald Trump's briefing notes - he would have received these before the G7. He probably didn't read it, because he doesn't read briefing notes... he is too smart.

Most of my friends are either deferring purchases, or making alternatives of trading with the US. Everything from buying non-US made breakfast cereals, to delaying a business expansion in the states until Trump is gone. Also in the last two weeks, three friends of mine changed vacation plans and are avoiding the US.
                Yet there is no boycott Canada movement and your news hasn't reported that you are stabbing us in the back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post

And about 40% of the country that supports Trump's vitriol against them. You on the other hand only refer to them as towelheads, wetbacks, and worse.

I answered your question, you just don't understand the answer. The immigration laws are not just, thus the horrible outcome of enforcing the law the way we are discussing here SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. It is a disgrace to our nation that it does happen. If you jaywalked and had your legs amputated as punishment, I'd be similarly upset. But at least in that case, jaywalking is something that probably should be illegal. Just not punished so severely. Most illegal immigrants should not be illegal in the first place, they should have had a readily available option to immigrate legally. People like you like to say there is a legal path ... but the reality is that for most of them, there is no realistic path to legal immigration. There are caps set on immigration by country which are quite clearly to limit Asian and Hispanic immigrants ... no predominantly white country is in the least bit affected by those caps. In fact the "diversity" lottery was intentionally set up to get more White immigrants.
                  Dinner hates Arabs, Latinos and rednecks. It's not racist because he voted for Hitlary.

Comment

• Could the Methodist Church institute excommunication?
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Start rolling.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sena...bill-1.4713222
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                        Way to go, Canada
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I am very much enjoying the current state of events in the world. Forget a grudge I am on some revenge ****.

BRB I am off to take more 101 proof whisky shots and enjoy living in my own house that I own and managed to con from the same people that tried to ruin me. Hustler Extraordinaire. 4th Generation. Could teach the kids today in fact.
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                            Could the Methodist Church institute excommunication?
                            Well, the Keebler Elf seems to be in trouble with them. This is from the United Methodist Church website (umc.org), posted yesterday:

More than 600 United Methodist clergy and laity say they are bringing church law charges against U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions, a fellow United Methodist, over a zero tolerance U.S. immigration policy — a policy that includes separating children from parents apprehended for crossing into the U.S. illegally.

However, an authority on church history and polity said he’s unaware of a complaint against a lay person ever moving past the district level.

The group claimed in a June 18 statement that Sessions, a member of a Mobile, Alabama, church, violated Paragraph 2702.3 of the denomination’s Book of Discipline.

Specifically, the group accuses him of child abuse in reference to separating young children from their parents and holding them in mass incarceration facilities; immorality; racial discrimination and “dissemination of doctrines contrary to the established standards of doctrines” of The United Methodist Church.

All are categories listed in 2702.3 as chargeable offenses for a professing member of a local church.
                            Nice to see a Christian church finally stand up for Christian principles.

Full text here.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• On not so nice news from across your southern border:
                              1. USAhas withdrawn from the UN human rights council (at least a consequential step, I have to admit)

2. Who is benefitting from the new Session/Trump policy (of detaining the parents and separating the children)?
                              It turns out that one of those who reap the most benefit is the GEO group ... a private contractor which operates a lot of prisons throughout the USA. They were large contributors to the Trump cmapaign and the GOP (donating almost 1 million US $) and now they reap the benefits, as a lot of the asylum seekers and their children end up in GEO detention centers.

3. US state department had an Q&A on Facebook regarding "visiting the USA with Kids": https://www.facebook.com/travelgov/v...type=2&theater
                              Lots of sarcastic and funny remarks
                              Examples:
                              Do you recommend cage training for children to get them used to arriving in the US? How long should I leave them alone in a cage for to get them used to being imprisoned alone?

How long can I plan for my child to be kidnapped by the US government before they finally release her back to me? I mean, can I consider it free babysitting?

Should I have my child ingest any type of goods or food in a special casing once they are processed and placed in a concentration camp to use as currency with the other imprisoned children?

Here another example which, sarcastically, I would rate as a realistically good tip:
                              I'm urging concerned parents to have appropriate contact information tattooed on the little one's arm before they are ripped away and sent to the camps.
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post

Well, the Keebler Elf seems to be in trouble with them. This is from the United Methodist Church website (umc.org), posted yesterday:

Nice to see a Christian church finally stand up for Christian principles.

Full text here.
                                The UMCs "Book of discipline" ... I like this name

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                                  -Jrabbit commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I know; right?
                              Working...
                              X