Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

I guess you have no idea how stupid you have to be to believe that illegal immigration helps California.
    Well, all that fruit ain't gonna pick itself.
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Didn't low skilled immigrants do a lot of worx onda railroads across America inda 19th century? I remember vaguely some historian claiming that low skill immigration usually paved the way for the following generations to climb up the ladder in things like education, income etc....that doesn't mean to ignore problems, but this guy had the strange idea that those aren't solved by policy based on broad-sweeping generalizations.

No, I don't have a cite ready. Maybe I just dreamed it.
      Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post

I presume the "rapists" are included as well?
        They aren’t sending us their best babies!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post

Your "full of sh1t" levels continue to rise...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2018-06-19 10.18.12.png
Views:	119
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	9348861

Google "Are people morons that don't believe that Trudeau says stupid things."
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• -Jrabbit
            -Jrabbit commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't doubt that Trudeau says stupid things and does stupid things. He is, after all, a politician.
            But I find no evidence that he said anything resembling the text in that stupid meme you posted.

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post

Your "full of sh1t" levels continue to rise...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2018-06-19 10.18.12.png Views:	2 Size:	61.6 KB ID:	9348861

I prefer my "sh1t" to be of the "Nutty" variety.

Jeff Sessions Argues Family Separations Only Happening Because Current Law Doesn’t Allow Him To Strangle Immigrants With Bare Hands
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post

I presume the "rapists" are included as well?
            Undoubtedly. Just remember their claims have already gone through our system and they were rejected so they are off to welfare shop in your country. Have fun.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
              Didn't low skilled immigrants do a lot of worx onda railroads across America inda 19th century? I remember vaguely some historian claiming that low skill immigration usually paved the way for the following generations to climb up the ladder in things like education, income etc....that doesn't mean to ignore problems, but this guy had the strange idea that those aren't solved by policy based on broad-sweeping generalizations.

No, I don't have a cite ready. Maybe I just dreamed it.
              Are you shocked that the country's needs have changed compared to 150 years ago? Welcome to the modern age.

Comment

• Who believes the detention centers are basically summer camps?
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post

Here is what I don't get about this and maybe you can explain it to me. When anyone is arrested and jailed pending a criminal prosecution in the U.S. do they get to bring their kids with them to jail? I would say, no, that is far from a routine practice. If I had a kid and was a single parent and I got arrested on a criminal violation I would be sent to jail and my child would go to Child Protective Services unless a family member or sponsor could be located. Failing that foster care.

The exact same thing is happening to these parents who have been arrested and jailed pending their criminal prosecution. So how is that different? If a family member or sponsor is found then the mi its go with them or failing that to foster care. Now treating them like we treat citizen criminal defenders is inhumane? I have a bridge to sell you if you think that is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                    Who believes the detention centers are basically summer camps?
                    Not summer camps but not bad either. Yes, they are being held but all their needs are being met while meaningful efforts are made to provide extras. Most of them are gone in just 20 days. They sure as he'll aren't the "cages" some propagandists are currently claiming.

In fact, they look a lot like public schools with beds and sleeping areas and I certainly survived with worse in the military.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                      Who believes the detention centers are basically summer camps?
                      This kind

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post

Those are the 5/6 that they send by themselves to the concentration camps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

Here is what I don't get about this and maybe you can explain it to me. When anyone is arrested and jailed pending a criminal prosecution in the U.S. do they get to bring their kids with them to jail? I would say, no, that is far from a routine practice. If I had a kid and was a single parent and I got arrested on a criminal violation I would be sent to jail and my child would go to Child Protective Services unless a family member or sponsor could be located. Failing that foster care.

The exact same thing is happening to these parents who have been arrested and jailed pending their criminal prosecution. So how is that different? If a family member or sponsor is found then the mi its go with them or failing that to foster care. Now treating them like we treat citizen criminal defenders is inhumane? I have a bridge to sell you if you think that is true.
                          Is it a bridge over the Rio Grande?

The immigration laws in our country are the ****ed up progeny of racism/xenophobia and economic fallacy. Blindly repeating, “it’s the law” ignores the entire argument ... that the laws are ****ed up. (Doubly so because we also caused many of the problems these people are fleeing from.)

I’m ashamed that those who welcome me, a foreigner, with open arms ... are demonized and shunned by my own country. I’m ashamed of you.

Comment

• Even the conservative newspaper I read is calling the practice deplorable. (sound familiar)
                            When the right starts making noise about it you can expect two things.
                            First, Trump will blame the democrats. Which he has already.
                            Two, Trump will eventually backtrack on this and then take credit for his greatness. I predict within a week.

And then all the moron trumpists will bow down to his greatness and all the original blame will be forgotten and they will claim it as another of Trump's successes.
                            Attached Files
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                              Even the conservative newspaper I read is calling the practice deplorable. (sound familiar)
                              When the right starts making noise about it you can expect two things.
                              First, Trump will blame the democrats. Which he has already.
                              Two, Trump will eventually backtrack on this and then take credit for his greatness. I predict within a week.

And then all the moron trumpists will bow down to his greatness and all the original blame will be forgotten and they will claim it as another of Trump's successes.
                              That's not conservative. Even Dinner is more conservative.

Comment

Working...
                              X