Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kidlicious
    commented on 's reply
    Judiciary Committee is investigating this.

• Giancarlo
    replied
    Kidiot striking again with more tabloid sources...

RIGHT-CENTER BIAS These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words

Leave a comment:

• Kidlicious
    replied
    Friend of Ford told FBI she was pressured into altering statement

By Yaron Steinbuch

October 5, 2018 | 9:45am | Updated

Christine Blasey Ford (center) flanked by attorneys Debra Katz and Michael BromwichAP

A friend of Christine Blasey Ford told the FBI that allies of the college professor, who accused Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her, pressured her to revise her earlier statement that she knew nothing about the alleged incident, according to a report.

Leland Keyser, who Ford has said was present at the house when she was assaulted in 1982, told investigators that retired FBI agent Monica McLean, a friend of Ford’s, had urged her to clarify her statement, sources told the Wall Street Journal.

Keyser, a classmate of Ford, originally wrote to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Sept. 23 she “does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present.”

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

After the Supreme Court nominee and his accuser testified in front of the committee last week, Keyser wrote a letter to the panel dated Sept. 29 in which she said she did not refute Ford’s claim, but “is unable to corroborate it because she has no recollection of the incident in question,” according to CNN.

Kavanaugh has denied all allegations of sexual assault.

The FBI, which sent a report Thursday about its additional background probe on Kavanaugh, later provided the White House and Senate with additional material that included text messages from McLean to Keyser, a person familiar with the matter told the Journal.

McLean’s lawyer, David Laufman, said in a statement: “Any notion or claim that Ms. McLean pressured Leland Keyser to alter Ms. Keyser’s account of what she recalled concerning the alleged incident between Dr. Ford and Brett Kavanaugh is absolutely false.”

A source close to the classmates told the paper that it was her understanding that mutual friends of Ford and Keyser — including McLean — warned Keyser that her initial statement was being used by Republicans to rebut the accusation against Kavanaugh.

Leave a comment:

• Giancarlo
    commented on 's reply
    Also dude nothing. There is a difference between supporting a political party that supports the rights of minorities and disadvantaged compared to that of a party like the GOP willing to throw people under the bus. No comparison. At. All.

• Giancarlo
    commented on 's reply
    You have some who are willing to take a stand, like Heidi Heitkamp and Lisa Murkowski (against her own party). The GOP is rancidly corrupt beyond even developing country standard.

• Giancarlo
    replied
    Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Wish Susan Collins would have come out sooner for him, instead of standing with Flake to call for further delay. This whole thing is horrible, but at least he has a clear path now. I expect the Ds to pull this **** again though unless they get punished severely for it.
    Utter bull****. You will get punished severely in the midterms. Yes this whole thing is horrible. A man so grossly unfit, corrupt (happy, jon?) And partisan in the Court. Someone who was denounced by many law associations as lacking temperament being appointed.

Susan Collins betrayed her state whose population is firmly against Kavanaugh. She is finished.

Leave a comment:

• Kidlicious
    replied
    Wish Susan Collins would have come out sooner for him, instead of standing with Flake to call for further delay. This whole thing is horrible, but at least he has a clear path now. I expect the Ds to pull this **** again though unless they get punished severely for it.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    commented on 's reply
    Dude, they are ALL career politicians, ergo ALL corrupt - just in different ways. Don't Kid yourself.

• Giancarlo
    replied
    Nope. A conservative justice is not correct and due. And next month we will see a shift. Some senators like Susan Collins don't care about their constituents and they don't represent conservative states.

By the way, what about corruption? If you were concerned about that, you would question the GOP as a whole.

I'm very concerned about corruption, perhaps more than you. But the issues about Kavanaugh are more than that.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Miller
    replied
    Probably there was going to be a pull back on judicial support for LGBT/etc rights, as that was the one area that Kennedy was progressive on.

With a conservative Senate and a conservative WH, a conservative justice is correct and due. I am concerned about partisan votes (gerrymandering, etc), corruption votes and so on. Where he is worse than the other leading contenders.

It might actually help your case that he is corrupt, as in some way it invalidates his rulings which would otherwise be conservative and valid.

The protests of you and others like you about the conservatism rather than the corruption really confounds the issues and gives supporters an out (they can focus on the fact that they are conservative and ignore the corruption).

JM
    (I was not at all a fan of Kennedy in general.)

Leave a comment:

• Giancarlo
    replied
    I sure hope republicans enjoy the next month when they end up losing the Senate too. They are finished. Susan Collins will lose in 2020 when she is up for reelection.

Kavanaugh is completely unfit for a Supreme Court seat. Murkowski at least is saying no.

This will mean significant steps back for LGBT rights, women rights and immigrant rights when such cases do go to the Supreme Court. The GOP will rot in hell after the midterms.

The ****ing minority conservative opinion will not have sway in the future. I'm outraged. This is what happens when political hacks like Susan Collins put party over country.
    Last edited by Giancarlo; October 5, 2018, 16:32.

Leave a comment:

• Proteus_MST
    replied
    The New York AG is sueing the Trump Foundation because of persistent illegality.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ent-illegality
    Donald Trump and his children Donald Jr. and Ivanka, are facing a lawsuit over their family foundation brought by the attorney general of New York.

Her wants to dissolve Donnies Piggy Bank and temporarily ban Trump and his kids from serving any other charity in the state
    Sounds like a good thing, although I guess Trump then will just open a piggy bank in another state instead

Leave a comment:

• Giancarlo
    replied
    Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

The Democrats treat women very badly.
    Oh please. Republicans rape women. For every instance you can find abuse from a Democrat, there are ten cases of republicans doing the same. Republicans have been excusing rape since Clayton Williams... Who said "rape is like weather, you might as well enjoy it" (paraphrased).

Republicans are ****ing vile. They want women to be house wives and never leave the home. They want men to make 40% more with no equity.

Check out all these other gems:

A list collects controversial and embarrassing statements about rape made by Republican politicians.

And you want to talk about democrats treating women badly? What ****ing planet are you on? And you quoted the wife of Rand Paul?

Leave a comment:

• Kidlicious
    replied

Editor's Note:Kelley Paul is the wife of Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky. The opinions expressed in this commentary are hers.
    (CNN) — An open letter to Senator Cory Booker:

Kelley Paul and Senator Rand Paul.
    It's nine o'clock at night, and as I watch out the window, a sheriff's car slowly drives past my home. I am grateful that they have offered to do extra patrols, as someone just posted our home address, and Rand's cell number, on the internet -- all part of a broader effort to intimidate and threaten Republican members of Congress and their families. I now keep a loaded gun by my bed. Our security systems have had to be expanded. I have never felt this way in my life.
    In the last 18 months, our family has experienced violence and threats of violence at a horrifying level. I will never forget the morning of the shooting at the congressional baseball practice, the pure relief and gratitude that flooded me when I realized that Rand was okay.
    Related Article: In Cory Booker's call for activism, context matters
    He was not okay last November, when a violent and unstable man attacked him from behind while he was working in our yard, breaking six ribs and leaving him with lung damage and multiple bouts of pneumonia. Kentucky's secretary of state, Alison Lundergan Grimes, recently joked about it in a speech. MSNBC commentator Kasie Hunt laughingly said on air that Rand's assault was one of her "favorite stories." Cher, Bette Midler, and others have lauded his attacker on Twitter. I hope that these women never have to watch someone they love struggle to move or even breathe for months on end.
    Earlier this week, Rand was besieged in the airport by activists "getting up in his face," as you, Senator Booker, encouraged them to do a few months ago.Preventing someone from moving forward, thrusting your middle finger in their face, screaming vitriol -- is this the way to express concern or enact change? Or does it only incite unstable people to violence, making them feel that assaulting a person is somehow politically justifiable?
    The Democrats treat women very badly.
    Last edited by Kidlicious; October 5, 2018, 06:21.

Leave a comment:

• Giancarlo
    replied
    Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
    Kavanaugh was hanging out with those birds?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X