• Show
Clear All

• Proteus_MST
    replied
    Interesting article about who is to blame for the chaos caused by Trump:
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...te-border-wall

Synopsis:
    It is the republicans in congress.
    Not only do they fail to execute their oversight role on the WH and the president, but they also are active accomplices to Trump (instead of forming an independent body), by trying to interfere with the investigation into Trumps campaign, but also by trying to please the president, for example on Thursday, by pushing a budget proposal through, that is irresponsible, will have no chance to get through the senate and is only meant to appease the PotUS
    Last edited by Proteus_MST; December 22, 2018, 11:53.

Leave a comment:

• JohnT
    replied
    OTOH, give credit where it is due: Trump promised to shut down the government, and he did! He kept his promise!

Leave a comment:

• JohnT
    replied
    Ruth Bader Ginsburg voted on a Supreme Court decision today from a hospital bed after she had cancer surgery.

Individual-1, marking the 100th Anniversary of the War to End All Wars, because of a light shower, could not make it to a ceremony honoring American Veterans who died in the war.

He really needs to stop grabbing his own *****.

Leave a comment:

• spambot
    replied
    "Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible." - Donald J. Trump

Leave a comment:

• Broken_Erika
    replied
    And now for something, Completely different.
    Originally posted by BBC
    Escaping prisoner accidentally hitches lift from policeman

An US prisoner who tried to hitchhike to freedom is back behind bars - after the motorist who picked him up turned out to be a policeman.

Allen Lewis, 31, had run away when being moved from Greenup County Detention Center in Kentucky, to face charges in a different county.

Lewis complained to the transport officer that his handcuffs hurt, so the officer pulled over to fix them.

When one cuff was released, a struggle ensued and Lewis fled on foot.

While the prison mounted a search operation, the escapee made it to a nearby highway and tried to flag down a lift.

Unfortunately for him, the person who stopped was a campus police officer at the local Morehead State University. The handcuffs dangling from one of Lewis's wrists proved a rather obvious giveaway.

Greenup County Jailer Mike Worthington confirmed that Lewis was returned to prison, and is now facing an escape charge.

"He thought he was getting a ride, and he did," he added.
    Allen Lewis, 31, escaped while being moved between prisons - but picked the wrong car to flag down.

Leave a comment:

• ZEE
    replied
    *stretch*

So... what else is going on? Kind of a slow news day actually.

Leave a comment:

• ZEE
    replied
    Also I want the DOW to drop, as it has an average of 400 points, per day all next week.

Things are progressing exactly as I have foreseen. *evil laugh*

Leave a comment:

• ZEE
    replied
    Oh yeah, baby, the government is going to shut down. Kidicious, if you are out there... somewhere... drink up!

Shut that puppy down for AT LEAST a month. AT LEAST a month. It is my request...

It is my demand.

Leave a comment:

• pchang
    replied
    I think a fair comparison was done by the Washington Post:
    The Dow has fared worse in Trump's second year in office than any other president save one.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Does anyone remember when the market was going up and Trump was trying to take all the credit? Yeah, Trump doesn't remember that either because he claimed when the market goes down the President has nothing to do with it (except the biggest reason is his trade wars so, yes, it has a lot to do with him).

Leave a comment:

• JohnT
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181221_175621.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	9369168

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Ahh, yes, I imagine some Senate ok would be required. I am not sure though.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    commented on 's reply
    How about NAFTA? Paris Climate Accords?

• pchang
    replied
    I am not disagreeing about Russia's compliance with the INF treaty. I am merely questioning who has the authority to invoke the exit from the treaty. Can the executive branch do so unilaterally or does it require Senate concurrence? In the case with Taiwan, the Supreme Court refused to hear the case. If left as is, it would effectively make treaties with the US have the same weight as Executive Orders.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied

You will notice Foreign Policy Magazine (the magazine for just about every old man in the diplomatic core) rarely says anything good about Trump, and for good reason, but do agree on this one. I honestly doubt Trump knows much about the issue but some professional somehow got him to pay attention to this issue at least long enough to tweet about it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X