Poland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poland

Do news from Poland reach you? What do you hear about us? I've noticed the news of our government demanding money from German have reached you... What more?
    The problem with Poland is that it's very divided. Half of the people here are completely terrified by our new government. Especially people in western Poland. But I want to hear what do you, foreigners, hear about Poland and its current political situation.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

I lived with a Polish guy. We played Civ 2 hotseat together. He was pretty good.

For soem reason he used the Germans and renamed them: Nazi's. Even had me replace a Nazi flag in place of the German's flag in the game files lol. He was also quite the ladies man, plus he was like 6'7", blonde, and muscular. Nicest dude you'd ever meet.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Basically that the government is underming both democracy and the rule of law trying to make sure it gets excessive powers.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Definitely, that the rightwing government actively tries to curb the freedom of press so that only its own propaganda media are able to report unhindered.
        And that there have been several protest against the government since it came to power
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I've heard basically nothing. I seem to recall that the government was taking a hard line against migrants, but I might be confusing them with a different east European country. I'm afraid it's not something I focus on.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

IIRC the leading party tried to make a coup d'etat by taking control of the court system, but the president showed some balls and prevented/delayed it - don't know how it ended.

Edit: Oh, good to see you again
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Heard lots about the prayer campaign.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

First thing I noticed here was that the new ruling party is named PiS, which sparked some unfavourable jokes once their policies became more known.

Second thing is that I could understand historical animosities towards Russia and Germany to some extent, but they don't seem to be much interested in improving things. Also, in case of Russia, it's surprising how the model of politics/society favoured by PiS seems to be rather similar to what's going on in Russia...
                Blah

Comment

Well you've all heard right. The government already controls the Constitution Tribunal (illegally), and it attempted to replace the High Court, but the president stopped them even though he's from the same party. The scary thing is that the ruling party still tops the polls, even though for example they used the money for promotion of Poland abroad for promoting the government at home, etc. Nothing sticks to them. Also, they grabbed the state TV in a firm grip and turned it into pure propaganda.
                  "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                  X