Inform me about the history of Apolytion since I've left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inform me about the history of Apolytion since I've left

Fill me in on all the news. Any new Polytubbies? Any new conflicts? Is molly bloom finally gone?
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Apparently died July 25 from head trauma in a fall. His mother contacted a mutual friend earlier today. I have no more on this. He was a good friend and I will miss him.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

No Molly Bloom sightings recently.

Ben Kenobi left, then came back. It appears he has developed a social life outside of abortion protests.
      Kidicious left, then came back. He has a few new posting techniques, but remains quite challenged in the areas of logic and communication.

So the practice being temporarily "gone forever" continues.

There are a few dozen regulars and a similar number of irregulars. We scraped together a fantasy football league this year, but barely.
      It's a fairly quiet little corner of the Web these days.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Fewer posters but more of the same.

Welcome back btw.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I made a few frog smileys a few years ago and posted them here...
          AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
          JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

I have a wife, two sons, and a science-fiction novel. You should buy the last one. The first two are not for sale at present, probably not ever, but we'll see how I feel about the boys once they hit puberty.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I left and came back, then proposed everyone should get a frog avatar and all conversation on poly should be in Polish only.
              Blah

Comment

The lights are still on.

I finally got my astronomy degree and now I'm putting it to good use in the very astronomy-related task of editing xml documents.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Some of the conversations would probably be more comprehensible in Polish ...

Comment

We also got an awesome new default avatar.
                    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

When it comes to loinburger, I've already heard about it at facebook .
                      Thanks for filling me in everybody, especially Jrabbit.
                      Congrats Elok.
                      BeBro, you still owe me a picture of you at your work party. Don't think I'll ever forget that.

When it comes to me, after coming back from Egypt I finally finished my PhD, which took me two years. Not that it was very innovative, but it had a very good reception. I had two jobs which were horrible and I ran away from them, but they will forever hunt me as my life failures. Well, I resigned at the first of them, they wanted to keep me, but I was too afraid of the responsibilities I was supposed to take next. At the second job they weren't happy with me but to be honest I didn't double-check my work, which would have solved that problem. It wasn't a good job anyway. I returned to my previous job at the University, but last year was not as fun as it usually was. New year's going to be hard too, because I'm going to teach the third year, not beginners. And I'm afraid. In general I'm very afraid about my life, don't feel any stability and need a hug. I think I should've chosen some other studies than Arabic Studies. I would've been good at creating designs for floor tiles for example. I'm not that good at Arabic. I mean I know the grammar well and I can teach it as I do, but I am practically deaf when it comes to languages. Oh, and I finally took an English exam and scored an A in it, for the first time in my exams It was a CAE exam, so my English is officially C2. And I must say I owe it to Poly to a big extent, because it's here I was using my English the most for a couple of years.

I still play Civ4, but I can't play Civ2 anymore because of new Windows
                      Middle East!

Comment

Welcome back.

Heresson, I may be able to help you get Civ2 up and running again.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

The 64-bit patch and direct play should do it, it worked for me.
                          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Hi Ben I would appreciate any help. I installed that oracle thing, virtual box, but there was some xx-bit problem.
                            Middle East!

Comment

Me and MyWifeHatesCiv had an epic flamewar that I won and chased him off the site. Aeson condensed the 15 or so thrades into one but later had to erase it from the board, because my PWNage of MWHC was so brutal that Aeson didn't want it showing up on the front page's 'active topics.' MWHC left the site for the rest of that year, and now only pops in a few times a year to poast a drunken thrade and to give me jabs.

I changed him forevar. He is now moar like I used to be. A drunken, spamming idiot.
                              Order of the Fly
                              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                              X