No announcement yet.

Fake News Reporting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it keeps people from talking about the crimes Trump has likely committed then he's happy with it.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Doubt it. Certainly not if she advocated for Sharia.

You have Sharia-lite already.
      What evidence do you have that Germany has "Sharia-lite"....?

Comment

• Originally posted by spambot View Post

What evidence do you have that Germany has "Sharia-lite"....?
        You can't criticize Sharia.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

You can't criticize Sharia.
          So, Trump is Sharia?
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

At least our federal employees are allowed to discuss an impeachment of Angela Merkel if they want to ...
            the only people who find their freedom of speech restricted usually are from the political right and/or who want to incite violence ... so no big loss.

I surely can do without right wing mobs who (with US free speech laws) are allowed to hold transparents saying that all jews should be gassed ... or all immigrants (or muslims) should be thrown into a fire
            Actually, the government censorship power in Germany has been routinely used by the Merkel government to cover up embarrassing facts which could be politically damaging. It is not very wide spread but it definitely has happened and that should be a major concern to every German. That is it not shows a horrible sick essay in your culture. I truly mean that.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

So, Trump is Sharia?
              No. He's Pres. Don't like your boss then find another job.

Comment

• You really can't talk bad about anyone at work here. Pretty sure it's the same in Germany.

Comment

• Now why would I think Kid knows this because people have talked bad about him at work and he went and cried to HR.

And anybody can talk trash about people at work if they want. They just have to be careful who they do it to.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I definitely wouldn’t make fun of the person who sent out a memo that we weren’t supposed to make funof them.

As a side note, I expect all of you to treat me with dignity and respect at all times.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                      Now why would I think Kid knows this because people have talked bad about him at work and he went and cried to HR.

And anybody can talk trash about people at work if they want. They just have to be careful who they do it to.
                      Yep.
                      Such an official memo making talks about "impeachment" and "resist" "illegal" sounds like a perfect way to cripple agencies, by turning them into a smilar den of snitches like already is present in the WH, where püeople just, correctly or even falsely, denounce other people, in order to hurt them and further their own careers.

And actually, as we talk about federal jobs:
                      In germany it actually is even a little bit different than in the USA.

In the USA it seems like employees at federal agencies are just normal employees that can be fired at a whim (like happened in the EPA under Trump to most of the scientific staff, in order to cripple their scientific climate research and lower resistance to Pruitts lowering of environmental standards)

In germany most of the employees at federal agencies have the status of Beamter.
                      That means, they cannot easily be fired and also have some privileges, for example with regards to their pension insurance.

The reasoning behind this is, that government agencies should do their work without fear of getting oppressed by the government.
                      Example:
                      If scientists employed by our environmental protection agency find out that a certain cemical compound is extremly harmful, they should be able to tell so, without fear of getting fired, even if we have an environmental minister who is a slave to the industry. And similarly the other employees of the environmental protection agency should be able to do their work (according to the scientific standards) without fear of getting oppressed by such a hypothetical environmental minister (who is slave to the industry).

Similarly the Beamtenstatus is supposed to make the employees more resistant to criminal misconduct (for example taking bribes) because those are things that still can get them fired and they would have more to lose than normal employees.

So, no, firing a federal employee (at least if s/he has Beamtenstatus) just for saying bad things about our Bundeskanzler (or anything else in the government) is next to impossible (and I am sure that even those without Beamtenstatus cannopt be fired for just stating their opinion of individuals in teh government)

SImilarly, something like happened under Trump, that the diplomatic service of the USA gets crippled, by just firing the majority of career employees, also isn't possible. Unless you perform grossly/criminal misconduct you won't get fired (but you may transferred to another agency, if your performance is lacking)
                      Last edited by Proteus_MST; December 1, 2018, 21:29.
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

No. He's Pres. Don't like your boss then find another job.
                        We hired him.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                          Uncle Sparky commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Up until Trump, the POTUS served at the will of the people... I suspect that will officially be changed in the next couple of years.

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post

We hired him.
                        All the more reason to keep your soup cooler shut.

Comment

All the more reason to keep your soup cooler shut.
                          Actually a good reason to fire him
                          ... for laziness at the job (having spent more than 25% of his time on the golf court instead of his office despite claiming that, in contrast to Obama he would spend no time golfing if he were PotUS ... also using lame excuses to skip representative duties connected with his job, in order to spend more time with tweeting and watching TV)
                          ... for spending lots of company money for his own pleasure (lots of state money being spent for his golf trips)
                          ... for nepotism (Ivanka, Jared)
                          ... for abusing his position in order to enrich himself (tax breaks which profited his own company ... lots of occasions where the Trump company profited from accomodations/summits being held at Trumps own properties, like the Trump hotel or Mar-A-Lago)
                          ... for being obviously overburdened with his job (still not come up with the promised Trumpcare that is supposed to be so much better than Obamacare) ... hell, Donnie is even overburdened with closing an umbrella
                          ... being a PR desaster (freshest example: Trump being laughed at because he was too clueless to realize that there ws supposed to be a photo op after greeting the argentinian PM)

Comment

• If they put up another candidate that will #MAGA I'll consider voting for them in 2020.

Comment

• Is America still not great again? Sheesh.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                              X