Fake News Reporting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

The climate is changing at a rapid rate during the last 2 decades ... thanks to human impact.
    But of course, if you are like Trump, we could present you as mnany scientific studies about climate change as we want and you wouldn't believe it
    No it isn't. That's a lie. It's changing at a pace close to that throughout history.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

No it isn't. That's a lie. It's changing at a pace close to that throughout history.
      Scientific paper of 2015 about the current rapid rate of climate change, which is greater than everything experienced during the past 1000 years

Addendum:
      Here a link to the full paper:
      https://www.researchgate.net/publica...erature_change

(but of course it is science, therefore I wouldn't expect that either you, or Trump, accept the results ...
      Last edited by Proteus_MST; November 20, 2018, 05:45. Reason: Link to full paper added
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Scientific paper of 2015 about the current rapid rate of climate change, which is greater than everything experienced during the past 1000 years

Addendum:
        Here a link to the full paper:
        https://www.researchgate.net/publica...erature_change

(but of course it is science, therefore I wouldn't expect that either you, or Trump, accept the results ...
        Another study found that that rate of change is 40% less.

According to an ongoing temperature analysis conducted by scientists at NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), the average global temperature on Earth has increased by about 0.8° Celsius (1.4° Fahrenheit) since 1880. Two-thirds of the warming has occurred since 1975, at a rate of roughly 0.15-0.20°C per decade.

Comment

Another study found that that rate of change is 40% less.
          Perhaps you should learn to read statistics.
          The NASA study said that 2/3 of the 0.8 °C warming that occured during the last 130-140 years happened during the last 40 years.
          The warming given in the NASA study for the last 40 years per decade, of 0,15-0.2 °C, is on par wiith the warming that the study, which I linked gives, which is 0.25 +/- 0.05 °C per decade

So both, the NASA study as well as the study I linked, come to the same result, i.e.that the warming during the last few decades has accelerated by a large degree
          (to show it with the NASA study again: In the 95 years from 1880-1975, earth has just warmed by ~0.2 °C ... in the 40 years from 1975-2015, however, earth has warmed by ~0.6 °C ... that is one kinda huge acceleration of warming)
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Perhaps you should learn to read statistics.
            The NASA study said that 2/3 of the 0.8 °C warming that occured during the last 130-140 years happened during the last 40 years.
            The warming given in the NASA study for the last 40 years per decade, of 0,15-0.2 °C, is on par wiith the warming that the study, which I linked gives, which is 0.25 +/- 0.05 °C per decade

So both, the NASA study as well as the study I linked, come to the same result, i.e.that the warming during the last few decades has accelerated by a large degree
            (to show it with the NASA study again: In the 95 years from 1880-1975, earth has just warmed by ~0.2 °C ... in the 40 years from 1975-2015, however, earth has warmed by ~0.6 °C ... that is one kinda huge acceleration of warming)
            The point is that you can mislead by selecting dates. If it were 1975 one could say that the rate of change was very low from 1950 to today, yet some of that was man-made. So basically you have a period of 35 years where the rate of change has been high but you didn't include the 25 years before that because you are biased.

And you accuse me of not knowing how to read statistics.

Comment

The point is that you can mislead by selecting dates. If it were 1975 one could say that the rate of change was very low from 1950 to today, yet some of that was man-made. So basically you have a period of 35 years where the rate of change has been high but you didn't include the 25 years before that because you are biased.

And you accuse me of not knowing how to read statistics.
              If you fail to see what a huge increase 0.2 °C per decade during the last 4 decades is, compared to an average of ~0.002 °C per decade from 1880-1975 then, I guess, I have nothing to add and will let every reader decide for him-/herself what to think of it

Comment

If you fail to see what a huge increase 0.2 °C per decade during the last 4 decades is, compared to an average of ~0.002 °C per decade from 1880-1975 then, I guess, I have nothing to add and will let every reader decide for him-/herself what to think of it
                Manmade warming started before 1975!

Comment

Manmade warming started before 1975!
                  But it wasn't that extreme at this time .. rapidly growing industry coupled with loss of more and more forests (= CO2 sinks) (due to the spread of cities, as well as chopping down trees for nthings like the furniture industry) makes things more and more worse

Comment

• At least Kid has begun to accept that temperatures are increasing and it's likely largely driven by human activities. Progress

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                      At least Kid has begun to accept that temperatures are increasing and it's likely largely driven by human activities. Progress
                      I accept the data. Liberals hack the data and then they smear opponents falsely just like you just did here. Then you wonder why we don't want you putting people out of work.

Comment

But it wasn't that extreme at this time .. rapidly growing industry coupled with loss of more and more forests (= CO2 sinks) (due to the spread of cities, as well as chopping down trees for nthings like the furniture industry) makes things more and more worse
                        YOU HACKED THE DATA!

Comment

I accept the data. Liberals hack the data and then they smear opponents falsely just like you just did here.
                          Only you would think being congratulated for accepting the scientific consensus is a "smear".

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post

Only you would think being congratulated for accepting the scientific consensus is a "smear".
                            I'll take that as a compliment.

Comment

• The rate of deforestation was greater between 1950 and 1975. Prove me wrong.

Comment

• So Kid is arguing climate change isn't a big deal because it's accelerating (eg. the recent past is warming faster than the less recent past)?

Comment

Working...
                                X