• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spambot View Post
    Why did this thread get hijacked by talk about some mythical being
    Religious texts can be fake news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
      So you’re saying I can plant trees so long as I help establish a worldwide caliphate by the sword, killing all the infidels along the way? Cause that’s the advertised intent of one version of a god.

Should I marry in a LDS Temple and wear fancy underwear so one day I can be a god and determine the meaning of life for worlds myself?

Dance around a fire chanting while high on natural hallucinagens?

Give tons of money to rid my body of thetans?

If not, which version of god(s) and their purpose for us, and why?
      36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a]38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        If not, which version of god(s) and their purpose for us, and why?
        Their purpose: entertainment. Explains a lot of the bizarre antics around here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

So you have said that you don't reject the belief in a "spiritual god." Now we can assume from what you have said that you believe that that god didn't mean anything when he created the universe. That's an incredible belief. How is that different from believing that if you don't obey God's rules there will be consequences?
          Why do you think that I believe "my god" created the universe?
          There are enough belief systems where the universe wasn't created by god/s and where god/s aren't as actively acting like the god in the old testament

"My god" can be characterized more like an Überseele (Oversoul) or the anima mundi, the world-soul of neoplatonism.... some kind of spiritual connection between all souls in this universe, that is more than the sum of all individual souls (just like all cells in our bodies form the body, but the body is more than the sum of all cells).

From this I derive my own meaning of life, which is, spiritual growth (which AFAIK is the same as UE emphasizes)
          Insofar my "kind of religion" also has connections to Buddhism, as the spiritual growth during the wheel or rebirths is strongly emphasized there (until your soul can return to the Nirvana)

Religions with acting gods IMHO are just a something invented to explain the world, but I am not opposed to them (as long as they aren't abused to harm other people) as they can help other people in their own spiritual growth.

As I said in the posting you quoted:
          The belief in a god (or gods) doesn't mean there must exist any god at all.
          God/s can also just be explanations for natural phenomena ... and the question about the meaning of life can have arisen without any divine entity at all (and also without my concept of the anima mundi)
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I can't wait till Kidicious PWNs your ass for that.
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Of course he will
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• As this is the Fake News-Thread:
                Trump promised to match up Donations to the GOP with 3 Million $. It was formulated to make it sound as if Donnie would match up the donations with his own money.
                Now it turns out that this was a misleading statement. Donnie, being the cheapskate he is, never intended of donating any of his own money, but instead now says he spoke about 3 million $ from the Trump campaign

Also interesting:
                For Donnies inauguration 106 Mio $ wer donated ... but only a part of the money was actually spent on the inauguration.
                It isn't known what became of the remainder of the money.
                My guess is, that Donnie used it as a piggie bank, just as he did with his charity

https://hillreporter.com/trump-promi...pporters-11523

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Why do you think that I believe "my god" created the universe?
                  There are enough belief systems where the universe wasn't created by god/s and where god/s aren't as actively acting like the god in the old testament

"My god" can be characterized more like an Überseele (Oversoul) or the anima mundi, the world-soul of neoplatonism.... some kind of spiritual connection between all souls in this universe, that is more than the sum of all individual souls (just like all cells in our bodies form the body, but the body is more than the sum of all cells).

From this I derive my own meaning of life, which is, spiritual growth (which AFAIK is the same as UE emphasizes)
                  Insofar my "kind of religion" also has connections to Buddhism, as the spiritual growth during the wheel or rebirths is strongly emphasized there (until your soul can return to the Nirvana)

Religions with acting gods IMHO are just a something invented to explain the world, but I am not opposed to them (as long as they aren't abused to harm other people) as they can help other people in their own spiritual growth.

As I said in the posting you quoted:
                  The belief in a god (or gods) doesn't mean there must exist any god at all.
                  God/s can also just be explanations for natural phenomena ... and the question about the meaning of life can have arisen without any divine entity at all (and also without my concept of the anima mundi)
                  So you're not really an atheist because you're a UU? But you're not really a UU because you're a Buddhist. But you're not really a Buddhist because you're a Western Buddhist. But you're really a con-artist.

Comment

So you're not really an atheist because you're a UU? But you're not really a UU because you're a Buddhist. But you're not really a Buddhist because you're a Western Buddhist. But you're really a con-artist.
                    Not my problem if you try to put me into drawers, but fail to do so

Comment

Not my problem if you try to put me into drawers, but fail to do so
                      It is your problem if you don't defend your beliefs. You can explain now why your beliefs are better than some random stone age people that you associate with Christians for some reason (reason is because you are a con-artist).

Comment

It is your problem if you don't defend your beliefs. You can explain now why your beliefs are better than some random stone age people that you associate with Christians for some reason (reason is because you are a con-artist).
                        That's your problem then.
                        You seem to see religions as some kind of competition in terms of "my religion is better/more true than yours" ... a problem that seems to be immanent to many evangelist christians, together with trying to convert everyone.
                        There are many religions who don't do so, among them Judaism which, if you remember, is the religion to which this guy belonged to, which you see as a prophet/Messias for your religion ... Yeshua ben Yosef

Comment

• "Ani Keruv Zevuv Ata Eshata"
                          Order of the Fly

Comment

• Google that you will get an interesting result. Don't play with the real deal, boy.
                            Order of the Fly

Comment

That's your problem then.
                              You seem to see religions as some kind of competition in terms of "my religion is better/more true than yours" ... a problem that seems to be immanent to many evangelist christians, together with trying to convert everyone.
                              There are many religions who don't do so, among them Judaism which, if you remember, is the religion to which this guy belonged to, which you see as a prophet/Messias for your religion ... Yeshua ben Yosef
                              Total con-game. You attack other people's beliefs, so it's a competition for you. But like an anti-Western con-man you don't want to defend your own beliefs. So are you a Western Buddhist? Yes or no. No bull**** please.

Comment

...cherry picking to support subjective view...
                                So by love thy neighbor Jesus means we should build a wall to ensure they can’t enjoy the same freedoms and prosperity we were born into?

Comment

Working...
                                X