Fake News Reporting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

I never cared if Obama was born in America or not. I knew that he was a leftist, and that's exactly what he was. He made a bad deal with Iran. He gave up a lot to get it. He even let Hezbollah sell drugs to fund terrorism. All that money that Iran made off of that deal went to military and terrorism.
    Ronald Reagan and new NRA chief Ollie North stole our weapons and sold them to the same Iranian terrorists who took dozens of Americans captive for over a year, then they gave the money to Latin American terrorists and let them run drugs into the USA.

Comment

.... But if you think Trump is going to be impeached it is going to have to be something very serious.
      Even then I doubt that the GOP in senate and/or house will vote for impeachment.
      My opinion of the majority of house and senate republicans has changed from not very good to very very bad.
      I only think that they will vote for impeachment, if they believe it will give them points with their voters ... and the majority of hardcore Trumpists won't care about any crime that Trump could do, no matter how serious (as Trump himself said during his campaign: "I could shoot someone on the street and my fans still would stand by me") ... therefore there will be absolutely no incentive for the majority of house and senate republicans, to vote proi impeachment

So, the only slim hope for impeachment would be good results for the dems in the midterms
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Addendum:
        On the other hand (and contrary to Giulianis claims) it seems like Trump can nevertheless be indicted, if his crimes are serious enough

But Neal Katyal, who actually drafted the special counsel regulations, says Mueller couldask Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who oversees the investigation, to indict Trump if needed.

“The Special Counsel regs, which I drafted, do NOT say DOJ policy must always be followed. They say that a Special Counsel can ask Acting AG (Rod Rosenstein) for permission to depart from DOJ policy and rules,” Katyal tweeted on Wednesday evening. “If Mueller has the goods on Trump,” he continued, “I think he will ask Acting AG to indict. The regs put a thumb on the scale in favor of Mueller doing so. If Rosenstein says no, it triggers a report to Congress-both majority and minority parties.”

Let’s be clear about what Katyal is saying: Despite current Justice Department guidelines, Mueller could request to indict the president if he sees reason to do so — and Rosenstein could accept that recommendation.
        Source:
        https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...w-yorker-qatar
        Last edited by Proteus_MST; May 18, 2018, 02:29.
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• You need 2/3 in the Senate to convict, in case you didn't get that from Vox or CNN.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Even then I doubt that the GOP in senate and/or house will vote for impeachment.
            My opinion of the majority of house and senate republicans has changed from not very good to very very bad.
            I only think that they will vote for impeachment, if they believe it will give them points with their voters ... and the majority of hardcore Trumpists won't care about any crime that Trump could do, no matter how serious (as Trump himself said during his campaign: "I could shoot someone on the street and my fans still would stand by me") ... therefore there will be absolutely no incentive for the majority of house and senate republicans, to vote proi impeachment

So, the only slim hope for impeachment would be good results for the dems in the midterms
            They won't care because of 1) fake news 2) FBI 3) DOJ 4) Hillary Clinton 5) Nancy Pelosi etc.....

Comment

You need 2/3 in the Senate to convict, in case you didn't get that from Vox or CNN.
              If you read carefully in the article I linked (or in the quote, citing the person who drafted the special counsel regulations(Neal Katyal)) that is not the case.
              The special investigation is also special insofar that it can override the normal DOJ regulations and convict a sitting president directly ...
              the only prerequisites are, that the special counsel can convince the Deputy Attorney overseeing the investigation, that the crimes are so extraordinary,
              that this step has to be taken. If Rosenstein says "Yes", this is handled with no involvement of congress or senate

It would be a good idea for Trump, to replace Rosenstein with a non thinking Trumpist drone, so the danger of this goes close to zero

You can also read it on the Tweet from Neal Katyal directly.

The important things are in his talking points 5-8
              Last edited by Proteus_MST; May 18, 2018, 04:31.

Comment

• https://www.theatlantic.com/national...ountry/316706/

This makes me feel a little bit better about humans in general. More people believe "that the CIA invented crack" or that "Bigfoot is real" then believe "Trump is honest and trustworthy".
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Aeson
                  Aeson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Trump is bigfoot on crack and was invented by the CIA!

• Bigfoot IS real you fool! He spends his time hanging out with Elvis and JFK in Area-51 with Hitlers Brain.
                I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Editor’s note: This story originally published on May 17, 2018. It reflects information as it was available from documents at the time of publication. For more recent information that came to light in 2019, please see this story.

During the 2016 campaign there was a meeting in Trump Tower between all of the major figures in the Trump campaign as well as several members of the Trump family on one side and members of the Putin government on the other side. At first Trump denied such a meeting ever took place, then after that was proven false Trump personally dictated a press release claiming the meeting was about adoption, then when that was proven false finally admitted it was about "getting dirt on Hillary Clinton".

Like with the Stormy Daniel's payment Trump has repeatedly denied ever knowing anything about this meeting even though he is a famous micromanage who is unable to delegate tasks. His son, who lead the meeting testified before Congress that he just couldn't recall ever telling his obese, controlling, and narcissistic father.

Yet we now know that three times, before, during, and after the collusion meeting with Putin's representatives Don Jr called a blocked number. We know this blocked number was inside Trump Tower and not outside Trump Tower and we know Donald Trump has such a blocked number in his personal residence. Was Jr calling daddy multiple times, every step of the way, to tell him about this most important meeting which all top members of his campaign dropped everything to attend? We don't know as Republicans in both the House and the Senate are refusing to subpoena records afraid doing so will expose yet another Trump lie. We do know Trump was in Trump Tower that day with nothing on the schedule as he too cleared his schedule at the last second just like the rest of his senior campaign staff.

We also know that his former senior advisor Steve Gannon, who was ousted from Brietbart immediately after telling a reporter in an interview that "The Mueller investigation is about money laundering " and "it is inconceivable that a weakling like Don Jr didn't call Daddy every step of the way and that those Russian government officials never walked up one flight of stairs to meet Trump himself." Lastly, 24 hours after the collusion meeting in Trump Tower Trump was filmed personally announcing that he had major new revolutions about supposed crimes committed by Hillary Clinton. The very thing he now denies even knowing about.

For someone who constantly lies Trump just isn't very good at it.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

If you read carefully in the article I linked (or in the quote, citing the person who drafted the special counsel regulations(Neal Katyal)) that is not the case.
                    The special investigation is also special insofar that it can override the normal DOJ regulations and convict a sitting president directly ...
                    the only prerequisites are, that the special counsel can convince the Deputy Attorney overseeing the investigation, that the crimes are so extraordinary,
                    that this step has to be taken. If Rosenstein says "Yes", this is handled with no involvement of congress or senate

It would be a good idea for Trump, to replace Rosenstein with a non thinking Trumpist drone, so the danger of this goes close to zero

You can also read it on the Tweet from Neal Katyal directly.

The important things are in his talking points 5-8
                    I didn't see anything saying that you don't need a trial in Congress. That's an incredible claim.

Comment

• At the federal level, Article Two of the United States Constitution states in Section 4 that "The President, Vice President, and all civil Officers of the United States shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors."[3] The House of Representatives has the sole power of impeaching,[4] while the United States Senate has the sole power to try all impeachments.[5] The removal of impeached officials is automatic upon conviction in the Senate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                        https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/17/polit...ber/index.html

During the 2016 campaign there was a meeting in Trump Tower between all of the major figures in the Trump campaign as well as several members of the Trump family on one side and members of the Putin government on the other side. At first Trump denied such a meeting ever took place, then after that was proven false Trump personally dictated a press release claiming the meeting was about adoption, then when that was proven false finally admitted it was about "getting dirt on Hillary Clinton".

Like with the Stormy Daniel's payment Trump has repeatedly denied ever knowing anything about this meeting even though he is a famous micromanage who is unable to delegate tasks. His son, who lead the meeting testified before Congress that he just couldn't recall ever telling his obese, controlling, and narcissistic father.

Yet we now know that three times, before, during, and after the collusion meeting with Putin's representatives Don Jr called a blocked number. We know this blocked number was inside Trump Tower and not outside Trump Tower and we know Donald Trump has such a blocked number in his personal residence. Was Jr calling daddy multiple times, every step of the way, to tell him about this most important meeting which all top members of his campaign dropped everything to attend? We don't know as Republicans in both the House and the Senate are refusing to subpoena records afraid doing so will expose yet another Trump lie. We do know Trump was in Trump Tower that day with nothing on the schedule as he too cleared his schedule at the last second just like the rest of his senior campaign staff.

We also know that his former senior advisor Steve Gannon, who was ousted from Brietbart immediately after telling a reporter in an interview that "The Mueller investigation is about money laundering " and "it is inconceivable that a weakling like Don Jr didn't call Daddy every step of the way and that those Russian government officials never walked up one flight of stairs to meet Trump himself." Lastly, 24 hours after the collusion meeting in Trump Tower Trump was filmed personally announcing that he had major new revolutions about supposed crimes committed by Hillary Clinton. The very thing he now denies even knowing about.

For someone who constantly lies Trump just isn't very good at it.
                        Collusion isn't a crime.

Comment

• So you're admitting that Trump is lying when he keeps claiming there was no collusion.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Lying to fake news isn't really the worst sin.

Comment

• Mohawked Rex Tillerson Warns U.S. Democracy Threatened By Plutocratic Fascist Pigs ****ing Over The Working Man

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Working...
                              X