No announcement yet.

Fake News Reporting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well then obviously I'm way more productive than you are.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
      Well then obviously I'm way more productive than you are.
      Once again you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and you are just posting excessive emoji.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        The wealthy are more productive.
        You must be very poor ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post

You must be very poor ...
          ... equals "in spirit."

Wow that's super nice. Did you forget that I support the American president?

Comment

... equals "in spirit."

Who obviously is a good example of "rich != productive", considering how much time he spends with Twitter, watching Fox News or at Mar-a-Lago and how little he seeems to accomplish during his time at work
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

And you can get cancer treatment in the US without insurance.

Oof course you get cancer treatment in the USA without insurance. If you can afford it. Else not

One in eight people with advanced cancer turned down recommended care because of the cost, according to a new analysis from Kaiser Foundation. And one in four cancer patients or their families said they used up all or most of their savings to pay for treatment.
              Source:
              https://www.agingcare.com/articles/w...ent-139136.htm

It seems like this article is btw. from before Obamacare.
              So maybe the situation could have a little bit improved (due to higher insurance coverage)
              (if, according to the article,11 million people in the US population have diagnosed cancer, that sounds like a littld bit low btw. and IMHO hints at a high percentage of people who have cancer and don't know it (for example because they have no symptomes (and don't spend money on regular cancer screenings) or have so little symptomes that they don't see a need to spend money on going to the doctor)

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              I'm sure there are some lazy rich people but I think they are about 0.1% of the population.

If we go with this assumption, that would be 10 % of the rich, if we define as rich the top 1 % of the population ... or 5% of the rich if we define as rich those 5% of the population, which own more than 60% of the wealth in the USA.
              And still, there is a huge gap between "lazy" and those shining beacons of productivity you turn the rich ones into, with your equation "productivity -> wealth"

If they were those, we surely wouldn't have the case that 90% of wealthy families get poor after their 3rd generation (as shown in the article I linked).

If we woud start with zero at every generation (i.e. people don't get access o the wealth and contacts of their ancestors and have to get rich by their own productivity) then I am sure that of those 2nd or 3rd generation heirs (i.e. rich by heritage) less than 5% would end up as similar rich as their ancestors (I guess, Trump, in this scenario, would turn up to beome a used car salesperson )

(of course I exclude, from this scenario, the 1st generation rich people .. i.e. those who actually got rich by ther own work, without having money an contacts from mum or dad ... as they already proved their productivity/worth (although some of them may have become richt by sheer luck))

See btw. also:

In real life, working hard only takes you so far. Those who go all the way — to grand fortune — typically get a substantial head start.
              Last edited by Proteus_MST; May 9, 2017, 00:50.
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Comment

... equals "in spirit."

Trump has also been very unproductive so far as president. Perhaps that's why he won't release his tax returns ... he's poor now!

Comment

• Remember, Hitler was elected too.
                    -Typical Libtard

Comment

Remember, Hitler was elected too.
                      -Typical Libtard
                      Actually he wasn't.

The last german president (before the 3rd Reich) who was elected in free democratic elections was Paul von Hindenburg.

A year later Hitler, via a lot of subtle mneuverin behind the scenes, managed to get Hindenburg (despite his initial resistance) to make him german chancellor.
                      And it wasn't till another part of maneuvering (using the alleged threats by terrorism in order to propose the "Ermächtigungsgesetz" and then get it through the parliament, by preventing opposing MPs from taking part in the vote, or threatening them into submisssion) that Hitler got unlimited dictatorial powers.

Comment

Once again you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and you are just posting excessive emoji.
                        No I was laughing at you since by your own definition, I must be a way more productive than you due to wealth.

Feel free to explain my error.

But since you won't be able to, I'll be expecting an incoherent insult.
                        Last edited by rah; May 9, 2017, 08:43.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Trump again proves his loyalty... to himself! To thine own self be true! ... but Trump doesn't know how things ended for Polonius! He tried to kill the man behind the curtain, but Comey will be talking. It should be Fun!!!
                          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                            Trump again proves his loyalty... to himself! To thine own self be true! ... but Trump doesn't know how things ended for Polonius! He tried to kill the man behind the curtain, but Comey will be talking. It should be Fun!!!
                            Coney admitted that there is no evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                              No one should be surprised that Kid supports letting poor people die.
                              Kid has a death wish. Who was the meth addict again?
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Coney admitted that there is no evidence.
                                ... and Trump just fired Comey... for lying! Funny how 3 high ranking types investigating Trump were all fired by Trump... How amazingly stupid are the Republicans still supporting him?
                                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                                X