Fake News Reporting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post

Yah ... the other day I lost 1600 kids, and then people were all like, "hey, where's the kids?" ... and I'm like ... "shut up, nitpickers! How would I know that?" Their parents were inhuman monsters anyways.
    It's impossible to lose 1600 kids.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

It's impossible to lose 1600 kids.
      The ORR lost 1475 ... that`s just 125 kids short of that number
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

The ORR lost 1475 ... that`s just 125 kids short of that number
        When you are arrested for a crime and you are stupid enough to bring your children with you you get separated from them. This happens everyday to citizens who break the law. I can't be bothered about this. They are enforcing the border.

Comment

... I can't be bothered about this. ....
          Of course not ... I never would expect any pity from you for anyone else than white conservative US americans
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• On another note:
            Seems like the USA is in a trade war with the tiny little african land of Rwanda.

Why?
            Obviously because they are like the USA and want to protect their own economy from certain imports.
            In case of Rwanda it is 2nd hand clothes. Rwanda is swamped with 2nd hand clothes from europe and the USA, which keeps the country from developing its own textile economy. The leader of Rwanda wants the country to build its own textile indutry, in order to give his people jobs jobs jobs and to make his country more prosperous, therefore he has instated punitive tariffs ón 2nd hand clothes from europe and the USA.

Trump obviously doesn't like it (perhaps he and his companies are also making profit with textile imports to Rwanda?) and has started a trade war on Rwanda

The US has imposed tariffs on Rwanda over an obscure import: Second-hand clothes.

Comment

On another note:
              Seems like the USA is in a trade war with the tiny little african land of Rwanda.

Why?
              Obviously because they are like the USA and want to protect their own economy from certain imports.
              In case of Rwanda it is 2nd hand clothes. Rwanda is swamped with 2nd hand clothes from europe and the USA, which keeps the country from developing its own textile economy. The leader of Rwanda wants the country to build its own textile indutry, in order to give his people jobs jobs jobs and to make his country more prosperous, therefore he has instated punitive tariffs ón 2nd hand clothes from europe and the USA.

Trump obviously doesn't like it (perhaps he and his companies are also making profit with textile imports to Rwanda?) and has started a trade war on Rwanda

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-44252655
              America First means America First. Not Rwanda First!

Meanwhile...

Report: Average American Worker Replaced Within 10 Minutes Of Taking Vacation

Area Man Beginning To Think He Has Memorial Day Off

Wise Oracle Proclaims To All At Barbecue That He Felt A Raindrop

International Space Station Tented To Spray For Xenomorphs

Last edited by Broken_Erika; May 28, 2018, 19:44.
              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Great, now the cost of genocide documentaries is going to go through the roof!

Comment

On another note:

Why?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-44252655
                  This is a fair decision. The US gave them tariff free access to its market contingent to it maintaining open markets for US products. Rwanda decided to break this deal so it is only fair that the US withdraw the benefits of the agreement from them. I note the other three members were more intelligent and are still in the agreement.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

This is a fair decision. The US gave them tariff free access to its market contingent to it maintaining open markets for US products. Rwanda decided to break this deal so it is only fair that the US withdraw the benefits of the agreement from them. I note the other three members were more intelligent and are still in the agreement.
                    According to the article the other 3 countries have more to lose because their trade volume with the USA is much larger (than that of Rwanda).

In the long term IMHO it might turn out that Rwandas step (of risking the trade war with the USA in order to develope their domestic textile industry) might be the smarter one.
                    Rwanda might face some hardships now (due to the USA retaliating (and also due to its citizens losing access to cheap second hand clothing)) ... but if they succeed (in developing their domestic textile industry) they might be better off (in long term) than the other 3 countries.
                    They decrease their dependancy from europe and the USA and, with a built up textile industry they might have goods that can be exported (maybe even, for lots of money, to europe, as ethnic clothing) therefore putting money into the states coffers (that, on the other hand, might be used for things like building up the countries infrastructure).
                    Likewise they will have decreased their unemployment rate by a large degree, due to the people working in textile industry and subsidiary industries (therefore needing to put less money in welfare and increasing the living standards of the average Rwandan)

Comment

• It will not turn out to be a smart move as it will not spur any new domestic production in Rwanda. All that will happen is more imports from China which will cost much more than second hand clothing thus harming the poor who make up the vast majority of that country's population.

Comment

• So Proteus lied about kids being lost. It's some kind of accounting error. Who lies about people losing kids?

Comment

So Proteus lied about kids being lost. It's some kind of accounting error. Who lies about people losing kids?
                          You should make it a habit to put links into your statement that confirm your claims ...
                          I haven't heard anything like your startement so far, so according to my knowldge the 1475 kids are "lost" (meaning, their foster parents couldn't be reached by telephone) ... also around 50 kids weren't living with their foster parents anymore (strange enough) and around 28 kids had fled their foster homes

Comment

• I heard it on NPR this morning. Even they wouldn't lie like you. I knew it was a lie right off the bat. Why is that?

Comment

You should make it a habit to put links into your statement that confirm your claims ...
                              I haven't heard anything like your startement so far, so according to my knowldge the 1475 kids are "lost" (meaning, their foster parents couldn't be reached by telephone) ... also around 50 kids weren't living with their foster parents anymore (strange enough) and around 28 kids had fled their foster homes
                              It basically means they called once, no one answered, so now some reporter wants to claim they are "lost".

In any event, it is as I said, they should not be released into foster care and they should be in juvinal detention while they await deportation. That way they can't run off in order to evade the law. These are criminals we are dealing with and they need to be treated as such.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

It basically means they called once, no one answered, so now some reporter wants to claim they are "lost".

In any event, it is as I said, they should not be released into foster care and they should be in juvinal detention while they await deportation. That way they can't run off in order to evade the law. These are criminals we are dealing with and they need to be treated as such.
                                A better idea would be to make camps at the border in which parents and kids can stay together.
                                So that an already strained agency (i.e. the ORR) doesn't have to get more workload (from those kids taken away by their parents) amd you don't get pics and vids that let the ICE appear as heartless bastards (with crying little boys and girls that get snatched from their mothers in order to get transferrred to noone knows where).

The USA have lots of experience with putting people into camps ... they did so with the indians ... they did so with the Japanese during WW2 ... so why don't you use this experience?
                                I am sure that this would be less of an PR debacle than Jeff Sessions policy (of taking the kids away from their parents) is (at least if the camps provide humanely conditions and the inmates aren't abused ... i.e. totally the opposite of Sheriff Arpaios camp)

Comment

Working...
                                X