The last ten days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last ten days

Before Trump becomes the single most powerful man in the world. Do we have any guesses what he's going to do with it? I gather lots of looting and graft will be involved, and a fair amount of whoring to traditional special interests for the GOP. He'll likely do his best to gut every possible portion of Obama's legacy not related to blowing up foreigners. But is he going to try for fresh wars? Repression of critics? Or just sitting in the Lincoln Bedroom tweeting in his underwear all day while Pence and company do the hard stuff?
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Wow...That is a cynical OP. Let's all hope for the best and see what happens before we call for the execution.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Yeah, while my expectations are not very high the constant complete doom and gloom predictions are a bit silly. Can we at least wait to see before doing so. I am not saying it's not going to happen. But let's remember when Obama was first elected and these same people were saying that Obama was going to fix EVERYTHING. And we now know how that turned out.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I don't see how he could be worse than Obama. Obama started up three wars during his term.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

We don't have to "wait and see" what Trump is going to be like. It's not like he's been shy about telling us who he is, over and over again, for decades. Yes, there is some remote, non-zero probability that upon his inauguration he will undergo a complete and total personality transformation, but why exactly should any of us consider that a reasonable possibility?
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It hurts nothing to hold the mocking in check for a few more days.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Trump deserves to be mocked, frequently and repeatedly. As he's going to be the most powerful person in the world very soon, that just might be the only power we hold over him.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I, for one, am not mocking. I'm legitimately interested in preparing, if only emotionally, for him ****ing our country harder than his next five interns combined.
                1011 1100

Comment

Well, I am still bewildered that he was elected. It's very clear to me what kind of person Trump is, but I don't actually know what he will do as president, because the US has never in the past been so idiotic as to elect a man like Trump.

Comment

The closest parallel I can find is Harding. We survived Harding. There's going to be lots of favor-trading and influence-peddling, judging by his utter refusal to divest himself from conflicts of interest. He's hinted that he's going to let his appointees and VP do most of the actual work, and his appointees seem to be hardcore examples of GOP ideology--the Education choice hates public schools, the environment guy doubts climate change, etc. Not sure how many will go through, but I doubt the Dems have the willpower to block them all. They've been handily outmaneuvered so far. On the bright side, I suspect he won't have much enthusiasm for fresh wars, since he can't personally profit from them as readily. And he's got a fair chance of croaking in office. Pence seems to be a nonentity.
                    1011 1100

Comment

I think it is unlikely that the US won't survive Trump, but I also think it's somewhat prudent for Americans to be cautious. History teaches us that states don't last forever, however invulnerable they may seem to the citizens within them.

Comment

He's going to be the anti-Obama. He's going to undo everything that Obama did, or try. He's going to pander to the working class in all the states he won so that he can win again in 4. He's going to get us some better trade deals. I we might have to kick someone's ass again. We have the people for that now.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

If trump gets out of line he will get ***** slapped into submission in no time.

And that's not the case with the war mongering democrats, so while Obama was certaintly "good" (depends on your POV) hillary would have been catastrophic because trump is manageable.

Comment

Besides there's rumour that the russians have footage of trump in sex orgies and let's face it reality TV was getting boring.

Comment

he will get ***** slapped into submission in no time.
                              By whom? The same warmongering Democrats who tried to unseat Assad, the Egyptian government and Ghaddafi? And that's not counting the rise of ISIS on their watch too.

I don't see much hope for the Democrats 'containing' anything. Unless you're talking about their 'safe space'.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X