No announcement yet.

Accident or terror in Berlin ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being a terrorist doesn't seem to change anything other than their life expectancy... Is Darwin's law applicable here?
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

He thought he was going to get away with it. Thank you Italian police.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

We have another scandal here involving German authorities. The Hamburg justice minister delayed releasing photos of the suspect putting the public in further danger.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          We have another scandal here involving German authorities. The Hamburg justice minister delayed releasing photos of the suspect putting the public in further danger.
          That's actually standard ... personal rights, among them the rights at the own picture, are held in high regards in germany.
          That means that there are many juridical hurdles when the police (or justice system) wants to publish photographs of suspects.

Actually this goes so far that, if some people are in flagranti caught on surveilance cameras commiting a crime (for example assaulting someone of performing a theft) and the police wants to publish the pics of the culprits, in order to involve the public in the manhunt, it takes 3-4 months till all juridical hurdles are passed and the pics can be published (not surprisingly the long time distance between criminal act and publishing of the photos will usually result in much less tips being given by the public, as (probably) woulod be given, if the photos would get published short after the act.

(the only exception from this rule I ever encountered was, when it was actually a (female) judge who was victim of an attempted theft on the secure premises of the courthouse ion Essen (the 2 crimnals fled without spilks when it turned up that trhe judge wasn't as helpless as they believed) ... in this case the timespan between the criminal act and the publishing of the photos of the cuplrits actually was just around 4 weeks)
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
            That's actually standard ... personal rights, among them the rights at the own picture, are held in high regards in germany.
            That means that there are many juridical hurdles when the police (or justice system) wants to publish photographs of suspects.

Actually this goes so far that, if some people are in flagranti caught on surveilance cameras commiting a crime (for example assaulting someone of performing a theft) and the police wants to publish the pics of the culprits, in order to involve the public in the manhunt, it takes 3-4 months till all juridical hurdles are passed and the pics can be published (not surprisingly the long time distance between criminal act and publishing of the photos will usually result in much less tips being given by the public, as (probably) woulod be given, if the photos would get published short after the act.

(the only exception from this rule I ever encountered was, when it was actually a (female) judge who was victim of an attempted theft on the secure premises of the courthouse ion Essen (the 2 crimnals fled without spilks when it turned up that trhe judge wasn't as helpless as they believed) ... in this case the timespan between the criminal act and the publishing of the photos of the cuplrits actually was just around 4 weeks)
            You have the right to take away others right to show your picture?

Comment

Yup ... or rather, others don't have the right to make public any pictures containing my face, unless I give them my permission.
              At least if the photographer specifically targeted me with his photograph ... if I am just a face in the crowd ... or if I am standing next to a celebrity that is getting photographed, then this law doesn't apply however (else you wouldn't see any photographs of crowds in german publications )
              Same goes for cases in which you are in my appartment and take pictures ... you aren't allowed to publish them without my permission.

Any transgressions may be punished with fines or evcen with up to 1 year in prison

The right at your own picture is considered a basic right in germany and, along with other privacy/data protection rights, is considered as holy by many germans, as are gun laws for many americans.

Here a WIkipedia article about this (unfortunately only as a german version ... but google translate may help)
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

interesting. thanks.

Comment

Just tge religion of peace again.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

And he's killed by the Italian police! Idiot! Next time escape to Great Britain where the police aren't armed!
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                      And he's killed by the Italian police! Idiot! Next time escape to Great Britain where the police aren't armed!
                      No, they just shoot unarmed non-terrorists.

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

The day is coming when people have the "right" to take away the rights of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                          No, they just shoot unarmed non-terrorists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_...les_de_Menezes
                          Do I have this right:

- In England, people are shot for being "non-terrorist"

- In America, police shoot people for being black

- In Italy police shoot terrorists

- In China police shoot whoever please

- Canadian police ride horses

Comment

Comment

As usual, the answer was 'Islamic terrorism'. What are the thoughts in Germany Bebro? Should Merkel resign as this was her policy?
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Why would she resign? If ppl don't like her policy they can vote against her in elections this year. This is what I usually do, with meager success so far

But this is unrelated to the terror issue and does not govern my decision re voting.
                                Blah

Comment

Working...
                                X