Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it too soon for the 2020 election thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it too soon for the 2020 election thread?

Who might be the nominees? Unless he does unexpectedly well, Trump will be a one-term potus. The GOP has four years to find a mainstream candidate. Paul Ryan could probably be one.

The Dems have been all gassed by HRC's DNC. Do they have any youngish promising candidates?
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Originally posted by onodera View Post
    Who might be the nominees? Unless he does unexpectedly well, Trump will be a one-term potus. The GOP has four years to find a mainstream candidate. Paul Ryan could probably be one.

The Dems have been all gassed by HRC's DNC. Do they have any youngish promising candidates?
    For the dems...

Numerous candidates that are young and not so young. Gavin Newsom, Kamala Harris, Julian Castro, Jerry Brown (had to throw him in there as he will be 80), John Hickenlooper...
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

An election thread is never late. Nor is he ever early. He arrives precisely when he means to
      Blah

Comment

Hildawg doesn't hold any elected office come January. She'll be running full time until she dies or is physically incapable. I just listened to her. Wouldn't surprise me if she tried again.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Bernie again?
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Bernie's expatriation date is probably shorter than 4 years.

I do think this officially ends Hillary's attempts. If she can't beat Trump, she can't be expected to beat many others.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
              Bernie's expatriation date is probably shorter than 4 years.

I do think this officially ends Hillary's attempts. If she can't beat Trump, she can't be expected to beat many others.
              Then Jerry Brown is a much more lively and youthful option.

John Hickenlooper is probably the most sound to be honest. From Colorado and from a working man's background. Plus President Hickenlooper has a nice ring to it. Only downside is he won't be that young. 68 by 2018 I think.

Plus he cofounded a beer company in his earlier years so that would be a huge selling point.
              Last edited by Giancarlo; November 9, 2016, 13:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                Plus he cofounded a beer company in his earlier years so that would be a huge selling point.
                I see you're finally starting to understand the current electorate.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                  I see you're finally starting to understand the current electorate.
                  Sad isn't it? But he isn't a bad guy. Smart too.

Well... I like more the part of him being a geologist.

Hickenlooper/Kamala Harris 2020!

Comment

Well, I really doubt the Democrats nominate Hillary again, or someone like Bernie. I was shocked they went with two folks in their 70s. Her turnout was not good from the parts of the Obama coalition.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Lisa 2020!
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I wonder if Pence will resign in year 3 to run against his boss...
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Does he really have to resign to do that?
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Pigasus

Comment

Pocahontas

Comment

Working...
                              X