So be it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
    You said they DESERVED IT... not a prediction... simply pure hate. The only person lying is you.
    You want the people in the Midwest to suffer, starve and maybe even die simply because the majority of them didn't vote for Hillary.
    Not the same at all and now you are resorting to exaggerations. I'm done here.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ellestar View Post
      NATO denies equal rights to the people of middle east. That's outright nazi, not just some virtual "oppression". So, your point is? We're still morally superior.
      You specifically mentioned denying gays equal rights was an example of your "higher morality". I pointed out it is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
        Not the same at all and now you are resorting to exaggerations. I'm done here.
        You are willing to let tons of LGBTs in the Midwest SUFFER because the majority didn't vote for Hillary.
        It is no exaggeration... YOU SAID THEY DESERVED IT, an entire region of the country, with no compassion for those that did vote for Hillary.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
          You are willing to let tons of LGBTs in the Midwest SUFFER because the majority didn't vote for Hillary.
          It is no exaggeration... YOU SAID THEY DESERVED IT, an entire region of the country, with no compassion for those that did vote for Hillary.
          Exaggeration and total bull****.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• You said it... so no Exaggeration or total bull****. It's a fact what you posted. And you meant it.
            So clear the hate from yourself... or don't give other people crap for something you practice.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Fine.

It was wrong for me to say that and I apologize. I'm just very unhappy right now and I fear what could happen to my boyfriend. I said that out of anger and that was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                Denying homosexual equal rights is a form of oppression.
                Not to forget that they aren't even allowed to kiss in public, as this can land them in prison (as it counts as "homosexual propaganda" which is forbidden under a law Putin signed a few years ago)
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                  Not to forget that they aren't even allowed to kiss in public, as this can land them in prison (as it counts as "homosexual propaganda" which is forbidden under a law Putin signed a few years ago)
                  That is after if they survive a beating by authorities, which is common.

Comment

• I hear Hillary's popular vote lead is now 240,000 up from 175,000. Time to rethink this system.

No other country operates with a system like this. People may complain this would give cities too much power though.

Comment

• Considering the total votes cast, that difference is statistically insignificant.
                      While I'm not a fan of the current setup, if they removed the 2 that each state gets for just being a state, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                        No other country operates with a system like this. People may complain this would give cities too much power though.
                        Plenty of countries have systems that don't rely on the popular vote. The UK is one of them. We also don't actually vote for our Prime Minister.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                          Plenty of countries have systems that don't rely on the popular vote. The UK is one of them. We also don't actually vote for our Prime Minister.
                          Ah I guess.

I guess better wording would be is that most don't operate like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                            True ... same goes for germany where we don't directly elect our chancellor.
                            Instead (simply said) we vote for the parties seats in the Bundestag (i.e. the parliament)
                            which every party gets which passes 5% (or gets a direct mandate via a second vote each voter has)
                            And the Bundestag is the body which finally elects the Chancellor of the BRD.

Much better IMHO as the election isn't centered so much on a single person as in the elections in the USA
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                              Considering the total votes cast, that difference is statistically insignificant.
                              While I'm not a fan of the current setup, if they removed the 2 that each state gets for just being a state, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
                              It robs him of a mandate and the idea he can do whatever he wants. Plus if the Senate is 51/49... It may be harder. The GOP will probably win that seat though.

The lead may grow to 1.2-1.5 million and that is slightly more significant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                                True ... same goes for germany where we don't directly elect our chancellor.
                                Instead (simply said) we vote for the parties seats in the Bundestag (i.e. the parliament)
                                which every party gets which passes 5% (or gets a direct mandate via a second vote each voter has)
                                And the Bundestag is the body which finally elects the Chancellor of the BRD.

Much better IMHO as the election isn't centered so much on a single person as in the elections in the USA
                                This sounds a lot better than what we have.

Comment

Working...
                                X