So be it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
    You know what's over the top? Donald Trump commanding the most powerful armed forces in human history. He'll start in about two months. Don't panic, but if you're not keeping your options open, you're a bloody fool.
    Not a damn thing to panic about. On my very first day in office I'm passing a law that only super attractive blonde girls between the ages of 15 and 18 can serve in uniform. We're not just going to have the most powerful military on earth, but the most bangable one too. It's going to be beautiful I tell ya.

Comment

You know what's over the top? Donald Trump commanding the most powerful armed forces in human history. He'll start in about two months. Don't panic, but if you're not keeping your options open, you're a bloody fool.
      Donald Trump is limited in what he can do by checks and balances. And no, I'm not a fool. You are a fool for writing what you did to me. I understand you don't like me, but come on...
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Elok wrote what he did out of genuine concern, Giancarlo. I'm honestly not sure what interpretation you're taking from that.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• He wrote what he did out of malice.

Like Sava, I'm out of here. Ming is a big moron so my time to leave.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by President Trump View Post
            Not a damn thing to panic about. On my very first day in office I'm passing a law that only super attractive blonde girls between the ages of 15 and 18 can serve in uniform. We're not just going to have the most powerful military on earth, but the most bangable one too. It's going to be beautiful I tell ya.
            Some people think we already have the most bangable.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
              He wrote what he did out of malice.

Like Sava, I'm out of here. Ming is a big moron so my time to leave.
              Someone wrote something out of malice?! Run to your safe space!
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• When has Elok ever been malicious?

Fez please don't leave, your insane antics are entertaining

Comment

i'm sure it will be fine, as long as no foreign heads of state insult him on twitter...
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Or refuse to let him **** their daughter...

Comment

• GC, we don't know what's going to happen now. We don't even have more than a very vague idea. We can reasonably exclude possibilities like "Trump sends troops to Antarctica" and "Trump spends fifty million on public gay orgy," but beyond that . . . uh? We do know that, as of Tuesday, about a quarter of the country were willing to stand up for the traditional liberal consensus you are apparently putting your trust in. The rest either stayed out of it or rooted against it.

No, I don't much like you, but I'm not going to waste all those words getting you worked up for fun, and my dislike for you is not such that I would be happy if the worst-case scenario (whatever that is) played out WRT you. Trump is headed for the White House. Cats are chasing dogs. I'm not sure what the hell is going on, but I'm glad you have a passport. Heck, I'm glad I have a passport, and I'm a white guy in Trump country who lives a half-hour drive away from the poor black part of town. If this goes really bad, I personally am unlikely to be in the crossfire, but I'm thinking I might prioritize renewing my son's Peruvian credentials. This could get out of control very quickly.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• We had intended to spend the next 5ish years in Chicago (with me possibly continuing to fly monthly to Chile).

Now... not sure.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• We still have Democrats in Congress. 48 or perhaps 49 of them who will fight for us. If anything happens, he can be arrested and tried for treason.

At any rate, this is my last post.

Comment

• Stay well and safe.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Congress is no comfort to me. If things go wrong, it will most likely be because of escalating tensions between two opposing camps of ideologues, each representing a sizable minority of the population but both together failing to add up to a majority. In such situations congress would simply not be able to keep up, nor to resist public demands to restore order by whatever means. The only limiting factor would be the gross inadequacy of the Blue faction; they are largely unarmed, possess only the softest kind of power, and work very hard to teach their offspring an infantile and dependent mentality. Also they've done their best to alienate the military and police. So, uh, probably an extended series of riots followed by some domestic terrorism which would be quickly extinguished but would justify a significant bolstering of the national security state along the way. Or so I would expect.

As of right now, anyway. God only knows how the situation will look in a week. It's only been a couple of days since the election.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• I said I was leaving, but I will say one last thing.

Elok, I understand you want this dystopian world to happen, but we live in a nation of checks and balances. Most law enforcement is going to remain within the bounds of the constitution.

If things worsen, California needs to seriously consider independence. Or Donald Trump needs to be removed and tried for treason.

Have a nice day and a good life. I have removed this site from my history and will be logging out of account.

Comment

Working...
                                X