Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
    Run on sentences aren't your friend.?
    there was no run-on sentence is that post. you often comment on grammar but seem to know nothing about it.
    Last edited by C0ckney; November 9, 2016, 09:39.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Maybe it is time for Michelle to give it a go in four years.
      FFS, not her! Pick a proper female candidate who can stand on her own, not one whose main recognizable factor is having been first lady.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

At least Gian had the guts to face the music last night... vs Hillary's selfish act of not even speaking to her supporters last night.

So thumbs up to you for that Gian... good luck where ever you end up. And don't give up hope.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Regardless of protest votes, I have the feeling political discourse went downhill in the last years. The Demos are all Hippies versus Republican Hillbillys is not helping anyone. I feel the Voters of both parties have become detached from each other to a point where the each believes its own truth and disregards everything proposed by the other. A Dangerous Development.

Combine this distrust with social media making it easier than ever to find and stay in groups self-affirming their own leanings. The disappearance of a neutral media ain't helping either.

Take a step back, relax and realize: Trump is not God-King, Both houses still host a bunch of people checking wheter you head for Armageddon, Clinton is not Obama and no one I repeat no one is after the American way of life (whatever that may be). All will prevail.

Oh and polls are not reliable atm
          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Well, I just hope that those who voted for Trump don't complain about him in 1-2 years and then expect the rest of the world to feel pity for them.

They got lots of informations about his past (and he also revealed a lot about himself in his speeches) and they had the opportunity to vote against him ... even the opportunity to vote for some 3rd party candidate ... but didn't do so ... therefore I reserve my pity for those that deserve it (i.e. not Trump voters)
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
              vs Hillary's selfish act of not even speaking to her supporters last night.
              She's the worst... next to Trump. We really were scraping the bottom of the barrel. What a pathetic excuse for a leader.

The fact that we didn't exactly lose Abraham Lincoln is making this easier to stomach.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I respect the wishes of the people, unfortunately our President isn't elected by popular vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                  Well, I just hope that those who voted for Trump die cold, broken, and alone.
                  Fixed.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The system is what it is... I hate the electoral college, but that's the rules we play by. (By the way, she could still lose the popular vote, but not likely)
                    I kind of wish she had destroyed him in the popular vote, and then maybe the system would be changed.

And yes Sava, we had two pieces of crap to choose from. So no matter what happened, it was going to be bad.
                    I voted, but not for either of those two asshats.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                      At least Gian had the guts to face the music last night... vs Hillary's selfish act of not even speaking to her supporters last night.

So thumbs up to you for that Gian... good luck where ever you end up. And don't give up hope.
                      Thanks.

Hope is nothing more than false hope.

I know where I will end up... In the unemployment line and bankrupt in the next few years after the economy crashes.

Best to prepare for the worst because it will happen.

Best of luck to all of you living in these dark times.
                      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Thanks.

Hope is nothing more than false hope.

I know where I will end up... In the unemployment line and bankrupt in the next few years after the economy crashes.

Best to prepare for the worst because it will happen.

Best of luck to all of you living in these dark times.
                        There's nothing wrong with hope and you shouldn't feel bad or be made to feel bad for having it.

You don't need to say or do anything. There's no "music" for you to face.

Nobody had anything riding on your prediction, your hopes. You don't need to come here and say you are wrong about anything. Don't listen to any fool who says otherwise.

You shouldn't thank Ming. Coming on here and saying "the person who I thought would win didn't" doesn't take "guts".

That's ****ing nonsense.

You know what takes guts? Walking a mile in your shoes.

Some ****ing white man boomer just isn't going to get it... even if they aren't one of the really bad ones.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Thanks Sava. But its true. In life there is no hope.

We could only hope the Democrats produce another JFK out of this mess.

I will continue living... even after potentially losing my job because of this.

Well... At least California made me proud. The entire west coast should just split from the nation.
                          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Thanks Sava. But its true. In life there is no hope.

We could only hope the Democrats produce another JFK out of this mess.

I will continue living... even after potentially losing my job because of this.

Well... At least California made me proud.
                            There's always hope.

(hey look at me with all the optimism, wtf)
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I would hope so.

Well.. At least I am going to get a promotion shortly. I will need to save up as much as possible. The dollar will collapse so probably should put it in some type of commodity.

And... Fantastic Beasts and where to find them is coming out soon. And I was always a huge Harry Potter fan... No Daniel Radcliffe in this one though. Still something to take my mind off ****.

Comment

Working...
                              X