Yes, Civ 6 is good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, Civ 6 is good.

I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Good to hear.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

But is it really thaaat good?
        Blah

Comment

Civ 6 is just like After Earth. It's a refined visual and audio experience (if you can handle the music) that tries to make you feel good that you are playing it. Snazzy UI effects... it's lipstick on a pig. The late game gets bogged down by trade unit and spy management... as well as long turn times.

This isn't a deeply flawed game at it's core. There aren't major design flaws. Most complaints I will probably address with my own custom mods. Modding is a serious strength of this game that shouldn't be ignored. Everything I complain about seems fixable... even for me.

If I were to rate this game as a competitive MP experience... an MP game... I'd give it high marks. It is streamlined and simplified. It's balanced... at the expense of logic and reality.

The single player experience is better than Civ 5. So if you liked/loved Civ 5, you'll probably enjoy this.

I would only recommend you buy this game if you absolutely love the **** out of Civ 5 and everything it is about. I mean... seriously love. If you've got hundreds or over a thousand hours playing Civ 5, buy this.

Everyone else, I say wait for the DLC's. They probably held back content from release anyhow just to make a few extra bucks. Not faulting that sort of practice. Just give me the game I want. I'll pay you when you do that.

I think that's my new gaming philosophy.

The game reviews so well because the fan base has expanded in the last few years. Civ isn't a niche game anymore. Lots of casual players play. I'm not disparaging that or them. But if you are a hardcore civ fan expecting something great... a culmination of past civ games... an ultimate game that checks every civ box you have...

this isn't it

I doubt we'll see that game from Firaxis. They have a business model they are sticking with. Civ 5, AE, and now this.

The series needs competition. I think that's what it boils down to.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I have ideas about what I'd like to see in a civilization building game and Sid Meier's products aren't it. When I heard that CIV6 was mostly CIV5 with updated graphics, I knew I'd be skipping it.

I really want something less like a boardgame, and more like an exapansive, era encompassing civilization simulator.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarxis View Post
              I have ideas about what I'd like to see in a civilization building game and Sid Meier's products aren't it. When I heard that CIV6 was mostly CIV5 with updated graphics, I knew I'd be skipping it.

I really want something less like a boardgame, and more like an exapansive, era encompassing civilization simulator.
              You might like "Victoria" from Paradox Entertainment.

You should be able to get it for under US$5 but do download the free patches as well.

Comment

Huge, huge fan of Victoria. Once you go Paradox, you'll never go back.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Untopped
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Other titles from Paradox may also be to your liking, for example Europa Universalius III or IV.
                    ENcompasses several centuries and comes closest to a depiction of really managing a state
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

considering our most active civ 6 discussion is in off topic...
                      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
                        considering our most active civ 6 discussion is in off topic...
                        Which is a pity, especially if one looks at the tons of Civ 6-Discussions that are active in the Civfanatics forum
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

If everybody that is posting Off Topic about Civ could go to the CivVI forum and add a post or two, it would help.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

but nobody posts there

and i want people to read what i write
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                              Civfanatics forum
                              lol
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment