Politically Incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politically Incorrect

While I think the world has gone way too far when it comes to Political correctness...

Recruitment Agency Chastised For Running Ad Specifying Bra Size

London-based recruitment agency Matching Models placed an ad for a personal assistant.

The ad, which sought a personal assistant who could double as a flight attendant on the client's personal jet, defined the perfect applicant as one who possessed "a classic look, brown longhair with a b-c cup."

The reason? As explained by Matching Models Founder Nathalie Jansen, “The client who wants the specific cup size is an older gentleman - he has a specific outfit he designed with Christian Dior … and he wants a lady with a smaller cup size to fit into the outfit."

Deriding the Matching Models ad, Sam Smethers, founder of the women's rights group Fawcett Society, said: "It is extraordinary that they are taking this approach and almost certainly falls foul of equality legislation. If we ever wonder why the battle for gender equality hasn't been won, this is a timely reminder."

Rebecca Hilsenrath, CEO of the Equality and Human Rights Commission added: "If they wish to maintain their reputation, they should act like a business in the 21st Century and consign this type of sexism to the history books."

Perhaps explaining its sentiment on this sort of approach to advertising, the Matching Models Web site reads, It is almost politically incorrect to request someone to work for you that is both attractive as well as professionally equipped with the right set of skills. However, our company understands the importance of having the right people representing your company, because after all, first impressions count!"
    I only wish they had shown a picture of the outfit the "older gentleman client" wanted the personal assistant to wear
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Yah ... you definitely wouldn't want a larger cup size trying to fit into a too tight top ... that would be awful

Comment

They are upset that someone doesn't want a d cup? Really?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I wonder if the ad had contained a picture of the uniform and mentioned that a great deal of money had already been spent on it and that a perfect applicant would be able to fit in the uniform if there would have been any hubbub.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Less hubbub, certainly. But they seem to be asking for a bit of hubbub. What, the rich guy suddenly can't afford a tailor? Also, I'm pretty sure that "brown longhair" is irrelevant to the gig.

Why aren't these people bright enough to just keep quietly interviewing people until they find their "fit"?
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            Why aren't these people bright enough to just keep quietly interviewing people until they find their "fit"?
            No ****... why they had to put it in the ad is simply beyond me.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Also, why when they were explaining what the issue was, did they feel the need to specify the client was "an older gentleman". No ****, you don't say?

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                No ****... why they had to put it in the ad is simply beyond me.
                We appreciate your applying for this position, we will continue to interview for an additional three days when we shall close the window for taking applications.

Should we decide to offer you a position with our organization, we will contact you for a pre employment interview to discuss our compensation package.

If not we will keep your application on file for a period of 60 days from the date you put on the application.

Gramps
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                X