Travel To Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel To Canada

Earlier in the year I promised my son that this year we would catch another NFL game. A couple of years ago I took him up to Buffalo to see the Bills v Patriots.
    This year he wants to see a game in October at Foxborough. After some thinking I said what the hell, why not. Then my daughter caught wind and was insistent
    about going even though she doesn
    ’t really like football. After some more thinking, I thought it would be an interesting idea if we could include a couple days in
    Canada and make a whole week out of it. I’d like to get them a little exposure to something other than the South and experience another country. Now this
    involves some driving but my son is 18 so he can share in some of the drive.

I’m looking online so I can find some things to go an see while we are in Canada and I wondered if there were some things I might have missed. I realize that there
    are numerous sights to behold and trying to reduce a region of the country it a to do list is a bit crude and tourist minded but we would have limited time. I thought
    about Ottawa or Montreal with Montreal seeming to be less out of the way. My first thought was to enter Canada near Detroit and drive through but after looking at
    some of the distances, I’m not so sure. I don’t mind staying a night in Canada (I’m sure there may be some nice places to stay) My son has a thing for French culture
    for some reason so I thought Montreal might be a place he would love to see. After a couple days we would drive south into the US and head for Foxborough. I have
    taken into account on the need for a passport card for the kids. One of the things I have yet to determine is where we would exit Canada into the US. Any suggestions
    or tidbits of information would be appreciated.

Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

I haven't crossed the US/Canada land border since the 90s, so I cannot help you with that. Niagara Falls is nice, if touristy. Toronto has many sporting teams, theatre, etc. Montreal is a city, but you need to go to Quebec City to see a French city.
    If you're driving though southern Ontario into Toronto then on to Montreal, give yourself several days.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

what the **** is this font?

gtfo
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah, do Niagara Falls. No point in doing Montreal unless staying for a week or more.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

We went to Niagara Falls a couple years ago. Looks like I'll be taking my daughter on a separate trip which is good since it gives us time to do some other things. Probably will be able to spend three days or so up there before heading back to Boston to catch the game. Thanks for the info.
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Working...
          X