Why are the betting markets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
    I don't think Trump is winning Nevada, Iowa, Ohio or Florida... and Georgia might be a swing state this time. We will have to see what kind of bounce Hillary will have after Trump was eviscerated at the GOP. His response was awful too. That might just have done permanent damage.
    Why not? Those states were dumb enough to vote for Bush.

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
      Why not? Those states were dumb enough to vote for Bush.
      Bush is Einstein compared to Trump and those states have evolved to a certain degree demographically. It is harder for republicans to win them.

After the DNC I expect Hillary to gain solidly in polls.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• New hypothesis: those betting on the election realise how dangerous Trump is. Thus they are voting by spending their money now. Those who think there's going to be trade wars and massive recessions are buying gold, guns, ammo, food stuffs. Those who think humanity is ending outright are spending it on carnal pleasures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
          New hypothesis: those betting on the election realise how dangerous Trump is. Thus they are voting by spending their money now. Those who think there's going to be trade wars and massive recessions are buying gold, guns, ammo, food stuffs. Those who think humanity is ending outright are spending it on carnal pleasures.
          He had a huge self tirade on Twitter. Dozens and dozens of tweets where he's imploding.

Anything can set him off. He will cause a world wide war and send troops all over the world if he is given control. Anyone who thought he was an isolationist is a misguided naive fool. Look at his behavior now.

This man is incredibly dangerous and violent. He's an abuser too.

A civil suit against Donald Trump alleging he raped a 13-year-old girl was dismissed in California in May 2016, refiled in New York in June 2016, and dropped again in November 2016.

Somebody sent me this... and there is a basis to it. What a pig.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
            So, uh, I tallied up the current "polls only" forecast from fivethirtyeight and uh

Click the map to create your own at 270toWin.com

Kill me.
            Is this map before the Democratic convention? I know they said Trump got a five point bump out of the Republican convention so I am wondering if Hillary got a bump out of her convention. Either way I am voting third party as a protest vote not that my vote matters given the state I live in.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Oh, and someone coming out of the woodwork making fantastic claims against a politician alledging something unprovable from 22 years ago seems like bull**** to me. Giancarlo should learn the difference between a wild claim with no evidence to back it up and someone actually being convicted of something. I could file a civil case tomorrow alledging that Giancarlo illegally had carnal relations with my pet dog but just filing such a suit doesn't make it true.

Trump has enough policy positions which are objectionable that one should stick to those without going into unproven conspiracy theory land.

Comment

• It's not conspiracy theory land. There are several named witnesses who directly accuse him of rape and other crimes. His ex-wife also accused hm of beating and raping her, before withdrawing her claims a decade afterwards. The only reason this gets brushed off as conspiracy is because the **** is obscenely wealthy and therefore doesn't have to deal with the justice system in the way the rest of us would.

Comment

• why is Hawai abbreviated HI and not HW?

*asking the important questions*
                  Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    Is this map before the Democratic convention? I know they said Trump got a five point bump out of the Republican convention so I am wondering if Hillary got a bump out of her convention. Either way I am voting third party as a protest vote not that my vote matters given the state I live in.
                    That map is made with polls and factoring out "convention bounces" and such. GOP would win a 269 tie--the new house would pick the president then. A faithless elector wouldn't do anything because they are picked AFTER the election so they would be a filthy liar and the DEMs wouldn't have what it takes to deal with that backlash.

I predict that if there's a debate someone will crash and burn and if not Clinton will be able to use the fact that Trump didn't debate and his other failings to pull out an easy victory.

The reason why the GOP is able to stay close to 50%, despite the growth in minorities, is because it's more natural for the DEMs to go to the left and annoy whites then to sit and solve the problems of minorities. Those problems would take time to solve but it's easier to do something else like gay marriage so being able to really help minorities is always just out of reach. The GOP cannot do anything to attack the liberals moving the country to the left using minorities because they speak the truth when they say they care about minorities (but leave out that they care about themselves more). Because the GOP cannot effectively attack they just get beat up like a pinata.
                    “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

Oh, and someone coming out of the woodwork making fantastic claims against a politician alledging something unprovable from 22 years ago seems like bull**** to me. Giancarlo should learn the difference between a wild claim with no evidence to back it up and someone actually being convicted of something. I could file a civil case tomorrow alledging that Giancarlo illegally had carnal relations with my pet dog but just filing such a suit doesn't make it true.

Trump has enough policy positions which are objectionable that one should stick to those without going into unproven conspiracy theory land.
                      BULL****. Snopes actually does research into it and sees if there is a basis to the claims. They did find a basis, but it's all pending.

You're someone (like Cockney who rated up your post - the only one who would really do that!) who has NEVER backed up ANY of your claims. And your claims about Russia were making me laugh so hard. You have NEVER provided EVIDENCE for ANYTHING. I posted an article about a specific lawsuit. Sorry I offended your sensibilities about the candidate you're likely voting for. He's an abuser. He was even abusive to his ex-wife, who once claimed he raped her. Then again Trump's own lawyer said a spouse can't rape another spouse.

He was forced to apologize for it too.

What policy positions? He doesn't have any policy positions. He switches his story day in and day out.

This is why he's down in the polls once again. 35% in a recent poll. Hillary is starting to get back up into the mid 40s and that's all she'll need in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJW View Post
                        The reason why the GOP is able to stay close to 50%, despite the growth in minorities, is because it's more natural for the DEMs to go to the left and annoy whites then to sit and solve the problems of minorities. Those problems would take time to solve but it's easier to do something else like gay marriage so being able to really help minorities is always just out of reach. The GOP cannot do anything to attack the liberals moving the country to the left using minorities because they speak the truth when they say they care about minorities (but leave out that they care about themselves more). Because the GOP cannot effectively attack they just get beat up like a pinata.
                        Well here is another issue... the democrats are typically quite good at spurning out turn-out in general elections. There is also some indication Texas may become a swing state in the future (if that happens game over for the GOP). The problem with democrats is they are poor in turning out voters in midterm elections. This issue has been an annoyance for me for about six years now. That is how the Congress ended up going to the GOP. And the turn-out in 2014 was downright awful. The GOP wants less people to vote. It's the only way they'll win.

If there was a more consistent and concerted effort by democrats, republicans would never win another Presidential election again... barring a serious reformation in the party itself.

Comment

Wow. And what's the logic behind voting for a third party?

Oh and Trump's lead is already gone.

The latest Speed Read,/speed-reads,,speed-reads, breaking news, comment, reviews and features from the experts at The Week

Comment

• The logic is my vote is my vote and I get to vote for any candidate which I like most. If you don't like that then suck it.

Comment

The logic is my vote is my vote and I get to vote for any candidate which I like most. If you don't like that then suck it.
                              For a candidate that would pretty much only help Trump? The only one I think that could hurt Trump is Johnson. Maybe.

I'm a realist. That's all.

Comment

• Yes, Dinner. You mustn't throw your vote away; you have a very good chance of personally determining where California's electoral votes go.

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                                Oh, and someone coming out of the woodwork making fantastic claims against a politician alledging something unprovable from 22 years ago seems like bull**** to me. Giancarlo should learn the difference between a wild claim with no evidence to back it up and someone actually being convicted of something. I could file a civil case tomorrow alledging that Giancarlo illegally had carnal relations with my pet dog but just filing such a suit doesn't make it true.

I disagree. I think it would be awesome to see the Clintons arguing against allowing sex offenders into the White House.
                                1011 1100
                                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                                X