No announcement yet.

Why are the betting markets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is actually evidence against rigging. There is a discussion that openly displays bias, which was known to exist but denied. But if there had been rigging, I would have expected evidence of it in these emails.

Things like that fundraiser is bias, and not rigging. In fact, it is less rigging than the debate schedule.

What I meant by close ties to Putin, and what might be observed in the tax release, would be large loans or intertwined business interests. Things that would not be illegal or treasonous, but would (and should) make most people doubt Trump's ability to be free of Russian influence and interference and provide motivation for Putin to try and influence our election (including in illegal ways).

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Exactly. There is NO EVIDENCE AT ALL of rigging. Now unless somebody presents actual evidence where LOCAL OFFICIALS (OFTEN REPUBLICANS !!!!!!!!!!!!) were influenced by the DNC I'd like to see it. Local officials count the vote. Hillary won many red states. She also won Florida (for example) by a huge margin. If we're going to make outlandish claims, I'd like to see proof.

Yes, there is bias and they preferred Hillary. But that isn't rigging.

And Trump adores Putin and Erdogan.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• In a blistering, mocking speech Wednesday, former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta declared Donald Trump dangerously unfit to be commander in chief, accusing the brash entrepreneur of inviting Russian spies to help him defeat Hillary Clinton. “We cannot afford an erratic finger on our nuclear weapons,” Panetta, who also served President Obama as CIA director, told party faithful at the Democratic nominating convention here. Panetta blasted the former reality-show star for calling on Russia earlier in the day to track down an estimated 30,000 emails Clinton deleted from a controversial private server she used as secretary of state.

Leon Panetta thinks that Trump is indeed complicit with the Russians. We aren't the United States of Putin. This is a story that must be used against Trump.

He also thinks Trump is mentally unstable and is unfit to be President. His request to Russia was disgusting. If the GOP had a spine they would take steps to disqualify him, even after the nomination.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Split the difference. If they're actively helping her circumvent FEC regulations, that might not be outright rigging but it's sure as hell more than just "bias."
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• No proof of that either.

Trump has been in the past accused of using campaign money for private businesses and paying his family. That seems to have more weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              You really think the average "undecided" voter cares about that?
              I think his stubborn refusal to give factual answers to serious questions can and should be made a major issue. Tax returns are the tangible touchstone that can highlight that fundamental lack of honesty and transparency.

Undecideds can be made to realize that the guy throwing the "untrustworthy" and "crooked" stones is doing so from a glass house. That the guy who points to everyone else and says they're the problem, is usually the problem. That the guy whose only answer is "trust me" is not to be trusted.

It just needs to be in large type, bolded, and in the spotlight. The tax returns are just the hook.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I agree with this sentiment - that his tax return will sink him, he also publicly acknowledged it, thus I have a feeling that the audit will last until next February.
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  I think his stubborn refusal to give factual answers to serious questions can and should be made a major issue. Tax returns are the tangible touchstone that can highlight that fundamental lack of honesty and transparency.

Undecideds can be made to realize that the guy throwing the "untrustworthy" and "crooked" stones is doing so from a glass house. That the guy who points to everyone else and says they're the problem, is usually the problem. That the guy whose only answer is "trust me" is not to be trusted.

It just needs to be in large type, bolded, and in the spotlight. The tax returns are just the hook.
                  Just to be clear, I do not disagree with you philosophically. I only disagree that this would make a significant difference in the current social climate.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I think he may get some people believing in him, but I really don't think its even close to a majority.

Comment

• I think his stubborn refusal to give factual answers to serious questions can and should be made a major issue. Tax returns are the tangible touchstone that can highlight that fundamental lack of honesty and transparency.

The thing with politicians is that they rarerly are sure of what is actually going on and what they will actually be capable of accomplishing once in power. They are vague because they don't know. That's especially true if one is "outside the loop" (not in the know!)

All they can do is give general guidelines and hope that when they get there, things would be more or less like they imagined, that some calamity of one sort or the other doesn't completely screw up their plans, that their MPs will more or less fall in line etc etc

That's why, I think, the ideological sign is more important than very concrete promises. economic and political volatility can blow those out of the water and this will 100% be used by the opposing party (ies) to discredit its oponent as much as it can. Vageuness is a sort of safeguard. It's not necessairily dishonesty (not talking about the mop/trump here or anyone in particular)

However, if what a candidate "stands for" finds you agreeing with him maybe that's more important than thinking "well I'll get a 10% reductions in taxes with that one, so I'll vote for him)
                      Last edited by Bereta_Eder; July 28, 2016, 10:05.

Comment

• Another rhetorical instrument that's very useful is a post modern ambiguity or completely opposite comments but that are not directly conflicting statements.
                        i.e.
                        "Muslims will not be welcomed in the US. There's something going on maria! " and after a while "I love muslims!"

That is completely dishonest

However, a general stance on things can be derived from all this soup, that's why it's more important to agree with one's ideology (or way of looking at things to use another word)

Comment

• Trump hates Muslims so much he does extensive business with them. He does business in Saudi Arabia, has large properties in Dubai and does business with the Qataris.

Dean Obeidallah: Trump is pushing the phony idea that more than a quarter of all Muslims are very militant, and yet he has done much business in Islamic nations

I just hope the democrats bring this up and all the pictures of him swinging golf clubs in Muslim countries. Also a Saudi Prince owns a pricey piece of Trump real estate in New York. Just goes to show that Prince doesn't have any taste like him Trump himself.

Complete hypocrisy. He welcomes Muslims here... As long as they give him lots of money.

Comment

• So, uh, I tallied up the current "polls only" forecast from fivethirtyeight and uh

Click the map to create your own at 270toWin.com

Kill me.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I don't think Trump is winning Nevada, Iowa, Ohio or Florida... and Georgia might be a swing state this time. We will have to see what kind of bounce Hillary will have after Trump was eviscerated at the GOP. His response was awful too. That might just have done permanent damage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                                Kill me.
                                Bang!

Comment

Working...
                                X