Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is is better for a society to be mostly Christian or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boring. I'm going to bed with my sexy Latino boyfriend.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Did you meet him at WalMart?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        Did you meet him at WalMart?
        Naaaaaaa....

I met him at a club in Hollywood... Six years ago.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• I met him at a club in Hollywood... Six years ago.
          I'm sure. Is his name Shia?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Not even close. None of your business.

Comment

California is also the most populous state. One would expect the most populous state to have the largest economic output. It's a question of ratios, dear boy.
              Gee... USA GDP = 73,170,986
              China GDP = 10,982,829
              I wonder which country has the larger population... Hmmmm...

Dear boy... ratios you say? Nice try. Now stop your lame attempt to move the thread beyond your errors by acting like a little school child.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Dear boy... ratios you say? Nice try. Now stop your lame attempt to move the thread beyond your errors by acting like a little school child.
                Uh, you might want to recheck those figures, Ming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                  Oh and libertarian? I don't think so. Libertarianism is fundamentally wrong and most of them have been living under rocks for the past few years.
                  Libertarians didn't participate in the persecution of gays... Did your party?

Comment

http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/regi...f/qgsp0616.pdf

Table 3, Page 7:

Texas, seasonally adjusted GDP for 2015:

California, seasonally adjusted GDP for 2015

California population in 2015: 38.8 million
                    Texas population in 2015: 26.9 million

2,403/38.8 = 61.93
                    1,591/26.9 = 59.10

California has a slight lead of about 4.73 percent over Texas.

Now, people, you have a choice, you can use BK's calculations...
                    OR, you could use the real GDP per capita figures the BEA gives directly.

The latter has California with a higher GDP per capita.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                      Libertarians didn't participate in the persecution of gays... Did your party?
                      Yes, many actually do persecute gay people and many support the republican party. So that is enough for me. But whether they support gay people or not is one issue. Libertarianism is repulsive to me, especially the illogical economic viewpoints.

Comment

Uh, you might want to recheck those figures, Ming.
                        Whatever... China has over 4 times the population of the US, and no matter what kind of numbers you make up, you aren't going to find that China's GDP is four times that of the US. So yeah... **** your ratios.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Hey you guise, it's AAHZ.

I am just placing a poast here because I noticed there are some ratios and figures to be checked before this conversation continues. I will also look out for any unanswered questions that may occur.

Thank you and have a nice thrade.
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                            It looks like the US is definitely turning into a mostly non-christian country. The republican party is even abandoning us. No sympathy requested.

Anyway, many say it's better for society to be secular, but I have to say that I don't see the US progressing.

I'll leave it there for now because I want to see what others have to say. That is, except the usual people who **** on my thread. I respectfully request that the thread****ing not begin until At least page 3.
                            I've only read this post.

To say the US is secular is laughable from other countries' points of view. Half your population disbelieves evolution, FFS.

Having said that, I like liberal, progressive nations. These, by and large, are Western, not least because of the wealth we generated from colonialism. Third world countries are generally less Christian, more other faiths. They also tend to suffer extreme poverty and lack of education. These are a recipe for some bad ****.

So yes, I'd rather live in a Christian country, but not because it's Christian, but because it's more likely to be wealthy, well educated and progressive.

Comment

• Ricketyclik, you have created an on-topic post.

This is the Off Topic forum.

You have been warned.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X