No announcement yet.

Has time passed me by?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want balance. Something Civ has never had and something they seem to be incapable of designing. They have always taken the easy way out and everything is geared towards a single player game with a cheaply made AI. I want a balance between city development/expansion/military. You need to grow in order to build a military, and you need a military in order to expand. Those who grow the most with the largest military build the biggest empires. What is so hard about this?

Comment

Well, you disliked IV, which AFAICT almost everybody loved, so it appears you're asking for a game designed specifically for your own tastes, focused around building an economy purely for the sake of dumping it into military production. In essence, you seem to be asking for Civ to be Age of Empires II. You're right, Civ has never been AoEII. I guess it could be in the future, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

IV was alright, not as good as civ 2.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

this is not the most idiotic drixnax thread
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

IV was better protected against cheating in MP than II was.
            Wouldn't you agree DriXnaK?
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Civilization 4, the game that stored the password in plain text in the save file? There is no such thing as a game that can't be hacked. Civilization 2 was just easy enough for a high schooler with no technical skills to do it. How's Chicago these days Rah? Still calling yourself a Republican? Hopefully you went to the Democrat party where you belong by now.

Comment

Why do you want more Democrats?

Comment

I don't, but I want to get rid of the Republicans who aren't really Republicans. I want the party to become a nationalist populist party. That means getting rid of the McCains, the Romneys, the Bushes, etc. Rah most definitely falls into that category. No more neo-cons and globalist open border liberals. Get rid of Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnel too; perfect reasons for term limits right there.

Comment

This year is definitely tempting with the Dumpster. But Hillary is a no go.
                    I still have hope for the party and will stick around a bit longer to help pick up the pieces after this one.
                    Hopefully getting rid of the ones like you.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I hate to break it to you Rah, but Republicans like me have been the silent majority for years. Trump is inarticulate and an imperfect messenger, but he will serve the purpose of attracting more nationalist populists to the party and pushing out the neo-cons and globalists. The Republican party must embrace that direction and shed the globalist, nation building, open border, corny capitalist core that it currently has. I cheer every time I hear a Republican call trump a racist xenophobe, or hurl Islamophobia his way because they help to push the party further in my direction. It's time to clean out the trash in the Republican party and turn it into a party that puts America and Americans first.

Comment

will serve the purpose of attracting more nationalist populists to the party and pushing out the neo-cons and globalists.
                        Where do I fit in? I'm not a globalist. Shouldn't I be one of those 'nationalists' that you're trying to attract?
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Aren't you a raging evangelical? I want the new Republican party to be science and technology based.

Comment

Aren't you a raging evangelical? I want the new Republican party to be science and technology based.
                            Right, you want a strong, nationalist pro American party without any dirty evangelical Christians. good luck with that!

Comment

I don't have anything against evangelical Christians, but if you are one of those Glenn Beck followers then I consider you to be in the same "useful idiot" class as groups like Black Lives Matter and the like.

Comment

I don't have anything against evangelical Christians, but if you are one of those Glenn Beck followers then I consider you to be in the same "useful idiot" class as groups like Black Lives Matter and the like.
                                It seems awful specific to rule out probably your strongest group of voters.... Doesn't seem to me a recipe for success.

Not a big fan of Beck, but I did support Cruz.

Comment

Working...
                                X