Legal rights 1 Texas 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Yep. You might want to examine Buck vs Bell which was an 8-1 decision if you sincerely believe that the majority is always correct.
    Yeah... 1927. really relevant.

What about... "If there is anyone who curses his father or his mother, he shall surely be put to death; he has cursed his father or his mother, his bloodguiltiness is upon him."

Using your logic, any quote you pull from the bible is overruled because of crap like this in the bible. Do you support killing somebody who curses their parents?

Right now, our courts determine the law. And yeah, the law changes... and hopefully for the good.
    But it reflects the current time and attitudes, and whether you like it or not... it's the law of the land.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
      while I wouldn't say you are wrong, there's still a pretty steep emotional cost for the overwhelming majority of women who have gotten an abortion that i've met. So, It's not all "HURR DURR GET ME A COATHANGER AND ANOTHER HARVEY WALLCLIMBER." like it so often gets made out to me.

besides, abortions are way more fiscally conservative than having the state pay to raise a child to military age. I'd figure most conservatives would be all over that ****, but they're also against gay people getting married. BUT WHO HAS LESS ABORTIONS THAN GAY PEOPLE?
      WTG. You wandered off my point as much as possible.
      I'm not going to even go into couples who are unable to conceive, which certainly include Gays.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Aren't there regulations for where you can have adult stores and strip joints? Are those regulations also unconstitutional?
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Are you having difficulty finding a butt plug?

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
            Are you having difficulty finding a butt plug?
            That's sexist!

Comment

Anyone can use a buttplug

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                Anyone can use a buttplug
                It's amazing how quick you are when it suits you.

Comment

Yeah... 1927. really relevant.
                  Interesting given your arguments appealing to the 14th Amendment. How do you tell me that the 14th is relevant but Buck vs Bell is not?

Using your logic, any quote you pull from the bible is overruled because of crap like this in the bible. Do you support killing somebody who curses their parents?
                  I'm not quite sure why you're arguing that the bible is equally authoritative to the SCOTUS, but hey, I can work with that.

Lex Talionis states that the punishment must be proportionate and provides protection for unborn children killed by an assault on the mother by saying that if the child dies, that Lex Talionis applies.

So if we're going by that law, clearly abortion is punishable by death for those who kill children.

Right now, our courts determine the law. And yeah, the law changes... and hopefully for the good.
                  Agreed, but there are many, many cases like Buck vs Bell where they screw up. Just because a majority voted in favor for something doesn't mean that the majority of SCOTUS is correct.

But it reflects the current time and attitudes, and whether you like it or not... it's the law of the land.
                  I see SCOTUS as anachronistic, enforcing a 1960's morality on the people of the 2000s, 50-60 years later. This will be wiped away like all the rest of the chaff. There is greater distance between the 60s and today than between the 60s and Buck vs Bell.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    Interesting given your arguments appealing to the 14th Amendment. How do you tell me that the 14th is relevant but Buck vs Bell is not?
                    I'm not quite sure why you're arguing that the bible is equally authoritative to the SCOTUS, but hey, I can work with that.
                    As usual, you have missed the point or decided to ignore it and are trying to change the argument.

You pulled an old case where the SCOTUS got it wrong to justify that they aren't always right.
                    Now you like to quote the bible every time homosexual marriage comes up saying that it's clear as day and God's will.
                    So I pulled some examples from the bible where it got it wrong, showing that the Bible isn't always right either.

That was the whole point. Your smoke screen long response has nothing to do with the point I was making, but as usual, you just tacked on some more fearmongering, more misdirection, a change in the argument.

The fact is, the BIBLE doesn't get it all right. And every time you quote it as "Ben Proof" that it is the will of God, you then must accept that everything it says is just and right in the eyes of God, or you are simply picking and choosing only the things that support your opinion.

So answer the question... do you think a person should be put to death for disrespecting their parent?
                    Some on Ben, you always DEMAND people answer the question. So now it's your turn.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                    X