No announcement yet.

Pope: Catholics should ask gay people for forgiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW, it certainly seems here that you and RAH are supportive of punitive taxes that are only against religions that you do not like (based, it seems, primarily on their positions on homosexual marriage).

This is exactly what I have heard some people express concern over (even in liberal magazines) and which Ben was expressing concern over earlier (in addition to his normal garbage).

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
      Well DUH Jon, that's what I've been saying all along. IN MY OPINION. I don't think it's fair.
      It is just the same as me saying then that sports and live music should be taxed at a special rate unlike other such things because I find them less valuable.

Is such a world a reasonable place to live in? It is the same world where all non-catholic churches are taxed at a special rate because they are not catholic...

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Basically I am saying there is little difference between what you two say and what Ben says. It is just that he is more of an ******* and is more often on the wrong side.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• This is obviously an extremely biased statement.
          I have not once tried to hide that it wasn't just MY OPINION. SO yes extremely biased but none more then you. I'm not saying you're wrong, just saying you've said nothing the comes even close to making me reconsider. Your.
          They offer 'catholic marriages' and 'catholic funerals'.

Catholic marriages are not homosexual marriages or ones where one party member is not Catholic.

Catholic funerals are not funerals where the deceased was not ever Catholic.
          just reinforces my opinion that the Catholic church doesn't support the general population. Just Catholics. (yes I know they do some generic charity work)
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• BTW, it certainly seems here that you and RAH are supportive of punitive taxes that are only against religions that you do not like (based, it seems, primarily on their positions on homosexual marriage).
            For the record, I'm Catholic. I don't care that the church won't marry gays (i'd eventually prefer they change that but not a deal breaker) I just don't think they should be fighting it for those outside the church. None of their business.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• But the Catholic church supporting Catholics is the same as a History Museum supporting people who like History.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

For the record, I'm Catholic. I don't care that the church won't marry gays (i'd eventually prefer they change that but not a deal breaker) I just don't think they should be fighting it for those outside the church. None of their business.
                I am probably still SDA, but that doesn't mean that I am very pro-SDA.

I agree about not fighting it outside of the church, but the protestant tradition is a lot less civic than the catholic tradition.

JM
                (Of course, I think the protestant tradition is better, but then I am protestant)
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                  But the Catholic church supporting Catholics is the same as a History Museum supporting people who like History.

JM
                  But people who don't like history can also visit a museum ... or people who are homosexual ... or poeople who have no knowledge at all of history. Insofar a museum is there for the whole population.

Even more for hospitals, where you aren't excluded from services/treatments based on your sexual orientation, skin colour or faith
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• People who aren't Catholic can still visit a Catholic church.

You can be a homosexual Catholic also.

So it is also there for the full population.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Pope: Catholics should ask gay people for forgiveness

But by God dont sell them a cake!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                        People who aren't Catholic can still visit a Catholic church.

You can be a homosexual Catholic also.

So it is also there for the full population.

JM
                        But homosexuals and non catholics cannot employ the full range of services that the catholic church has to offer.
                        In museums the full range of services is open to everyone
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• bring the marbles home!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                            Your own criteria was that the gay baker didn't know if they had joined or were just born in. The gay baker wouldn't know if you were born American or chose to become American. In any case, you chose to remain an American when you could have instead renounced your citizenship. So you are guilty of the same thing that you are condemning the hypothetical Catholic couple of.

If however you simply do the right thing and judge people based on their merits rather than some ignorant notion you have of them ... you avoid all the absurdity and hypocrisy.
                            Nobody is born Catholic, its a theology/ideology. Not being Catholic takes no effort, not being an American does - the comparison is illogical and problematic, moving doesn't change the fact you're American born and you'd just be choosing another country with its own sins whereas you dont have to join another church. Why is there merit in joining a Church with a history of persecuting people and still does? Is it bigotry for an apostate baker to refuse service for an Islamic wedding? Is his intolerance unfair? Is it bigotry for Jews to boycott Ford or Disney? If the gay baker's intolerance was unfair, why would the Pope want Catholics to seek forgiveness?

Comment

• It's an issue of freedom of religion. You can't tax only specific churches, even if they worship marijuana.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I'm talking property taxes. Paying for local services. NOT on revenues or profits.
                                Why should the poor person have to pay more because the Church pays nothing.
                                How is that fair.
                                The thing about property taxes is they make people lose their property.
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X