Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police beat, taze and put a bag on a black girls head.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
    The police use force here regularly, but force can be applied sparingly and with an emphasis on restraint. The issue I have with many of these American videos of police restraint are that they involve the officers appearing to try and batter the suspect into submission with the deliberate application of pain inducing techniques, the use of punches and kicks, and above all the over-use of tazers.

It appears to be more than anything else a difference in mentality. In the UK the police first and foremost try and defuse situations verbally, and only resort to force when absolutely required. In the US the mentality appears to be that by not immediately complying with a police command, you are resisting them and are fair game for the use of force. That is a really big difference in procedure.
    Who cares? The person in question is a menace to society. She needs to be removed.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

My god.

Kidicious is making a complete mockery of everybody in this thrade. I wonder why you all go up against him all the time, since you always lose.

Simply put, he is invincible.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Alright, I'm gonna give this another whirl.

If you think anything about this is ok, then please go **** yourself.
        That's real rich, coming from the perpetrators of the Boston Massacre.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
          She was disarmed. She wasn't a risk anymore. Still some tasing is necessary?

I don't see how the point you are making is adding to that equation.
          The point I was making was irrelevant to tasing or not tasing or whatever. The tasing is a whole other matter. For the record, I did not realize "drive charge mode" existed; I thought you could only use tasers to deliver the full immobilizing jolt, and therefore the fact that she kept moving after repeated blasts meant she was high as a kite and needed to be subdued by whatever means necessary before she started flipping out and trying to headbutt walls, bite faces, etc.

As the mode employed had no direct restraint function and appears to exist purely to indulge sadists, their behavior was of course way out of line, though not unexpected at this point.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Calling Elok a nerd is one of my moast favorite things I look forward to every day, as it gives me purpose and clarity of being.
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

It appears to be more than anything else a difference in mentality. In the UK the police first and foremost try and defuse situations verbally, and only resort to force when absolutely required. In the US the mentality appears to be that by not immediately complying with a police command, you are resisting them and are fair game for the use of force. That is a really big difference in procedure.
              This.
              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                This is a person who threatened to stab someone because she didn't get all the sour cream she thought she was entitled to thanks to people like you and kentonio. Eat �� you ****stain,
                And she was arrested for it.
                The unnecessary infliction of pain as a means of revenge/punishment is something you would support.
                In fact, you should move to Saudi Arabia. Much of what they do seems to be fitting with your views on society.
                Little ball-less excuse of a "man".

Comment

Who cares? The person in question is a menace to society. She needs to be removed.
                  Maybe you 2 basket cases should get together then...

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    If she is continuing to resist then the purpose of the taser is to help subdue her. That is exactly how the cops used it.
                    Tell me, oh closeted authoritarian one, when was the life of any of the police officers or bystanders threathened ?
                    Escalation of force (should) require(s) more than disobediance to a command.

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                      And she was arrested for it.
                      The unnecessary infliction of pain as a means of revenge/punishment is something you would support.
                      In fact, you should move to Saudi Arabia. Much of what they do seems to be fitting with your views on society.
                      Little ball-less excuse of a "man".
                      It has nothing to Do with revenge. The point is that decent people are more offended by her than the police.

Comment

In the UK the police first and foremost try and defuse situations verbally, and only resort to force when absolutely required.
                        This reminds me of this fictional story that was told back in the days when here in Belgium, the local police and the national police were 2 different entities. The goal of the story was to explain the difference between the 2 polices, and more specifically the difference in their mission.

There was a guy that every Saturday went to the local bar and every Saturday night got drunk. And each and every week, he wouldn't leave the bar. The bartender had to call the local police to get him out. It was always the same scenario, the guy started with "I will not comply, you have no right to tell me what to do!". And each time the police answered "We are not here to tell you what to do, we are just here to drive you home". He would then calm down and peacefully step into their car. They would drive him to the police station, put him him in a cell, he would fall asleep and wake up the next day with no recollection of what happened. The law was not strictly followed, and they had to spend time to make him comply, but no damage was done, neither to property nor to anyone.
                        Then, one Saturday night, the local police was busy elsewhere and could not intervene. So the call was answered by the national police. Not knowing the guy and the way to handle the situation, their answer to the guys refusal to obey, was "We are the law, you will comply. You are under arrest. Do as you are told or else...!". The guy was stubborn and it all ended in a fight. Tables and chairs were broken, people got hurt, shouts and screams woke up the whole neighbourhood, but at the end, the guy was under control.

In every case, the guy was wrong, we can all agree on this. and in both cases, police fulfilled their primary mission. Law for the one, peace for the other.
                        But for some reason, I prefer the local police mission: peace.

In France, police officers are both "Gardiens de la paix" (peacekeepers) when they take care of drunkards or noisy neighbours, and part of the "Forces de l'ordre" (Order/law enforcement) when dealing with criminals. The grey zone between peace keeping and law enforcement is when dealing with speed drivers, violent protesters, domestic violence...
                        From this side of the Pond, we indeed have the feeling that there are very few peace keeping police in the US, but a lot of law enforcement police. USians seem to think law is more important than peace (see Judge Dredd).
                        The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I think part of it is that when the local police here drive the drunk home, it doesn't make the news.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Dry View Post
                            This reminds me of this fictional story that was told back in the days when here in Belgium, the local police and the national police were 2 different entities. The goal of the story was to explain the difference between the 2 polices, and more specifically the difference in their mission.

There was a guy that every Saturday went to the local bar and every Saturday night got drunk. And each and every week, he wouldn't leave the bar. The bartender had to call the local police to get him out. It was always the same scenario, the guy started with "I will not comply, you have no right to tell me what to do!". And each time the police answered "We are not here to tell you what to do, we are just here to drive you home". He would then calm down and peacefully step into their car. They would drive him to the police station, put him him in a cell, he would fall asleep and wake up the next day with no recollection of what happened. The law was not strictly followed, and they had to spend time to make him comply, but no damage was done, neither to property nor to anyone.
                            Then, one Saturday night, the local police was busy elsewhere and could not intervene. So the call was answered by the national police. Not knowing the guy and the way to handle the situation, their answer to the guys refusal to obey, was "We are the law, you will comply. You are under arrest. Do as you are told or else...!". The guy was stubborn and it all ended in a fight. Tables and chairs were broken, people got hurt, shouts and screams woke up the whole neighbourhood, but at the end, the guy was under control.

In every case, the guy was wrong, we can all agree on this. and in both cases, police fulfilled their primary mission. Law for the one, peace for the other.
                            But for some reason, I prefer the local police mission: peace.

In France, police officers are both "Gardiens de la paix" (peacekeepers) when they take care of drunkards or noisy neighbours, and part of the "Forces de l'ordre" (Order/law enforcement) when dealing with criminals. The grey zone between peace keeping and law enforcement is when dealing with speed drivers, violent protesters, domestic violence...
                            From this side of the Pond, we indeed have the feeling that there are very few peace keeping police in the US, but a lot of law enforcement police. USians seem to think law is more important than peace (see Judge Dredd).
                            People here figure that if you get ruffed up by the police it's your own fault, for being drunk or whatever.
                            So we generally don't care. That isn't always the case though.

The exception is the people like kentonio who think police look for black people to kill, torture or beat up.

Comment

People here figure that if you get ruffed up by the police it's your own fault, for being drunk or whatever.
                              So we generally don't care. That isn't always the case though.
                              No... It's NOT USUALLY THE CASE. Only asshats like you that think people getting ruffed up by the police is your own fault.
                              Yeah, sometimes the guilty party makes the arrest difficult and gets treated accordingly, and MOST people have no problem with that.

So stick your NAZI attitudes up your ass.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                                No... It's NOT USUALLY THE CASE. Only asshats like you that think people getting ruffed up by the police is your own fault.
                                Yeah, sometimes the guilty party makes the arrest difficult and gets treated accordingly, and MOST people have no problem with that.

So stick your NAZI attitudes up your ass.
                                BS Ming. Or why else do these cases always involve people resisting arrest and being revolting human beings?

Comment

Working...
                                X