Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police beat, taze and put a bag on a black girls head.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dry View Post
    Well, in a democracy as I understand it, justice and police are separated powers. Justice tells when and how the law should be applied, police enforce the law as told/decided by justice.
    Not quite right. In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the police who investigate crime, and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
      She was repeatedly told to put her arms behind her back well before they used force. Two men shouldn't need to use a taser to put a girl in handcuffs, but that doesn't change the fact that the way she interacted with the police was idiotic. If you resist arrest, the cops will use force to put you in handcuffs. If you spit at them and threaten to punch and bite them, you might make them angry. Duh.
      A cop practically ran out of his car to knee her in the ribs. There is no excuse for that, unless they are in genuine risk of physical harm, which they very clearly were not here. They acted like ****ing animals, and if you think that's a-okay they you deserve your barbaric ****ty justice system.

Comment

I know nothing justifies the extreme use of force demonstrated here, but to hold the woman totally faultless seems a bit silly too.
        Would you teach your child that the best way to deal with this type of situation would be to resist arrest and possibly spit on the officer?
        When you get pulled over on a traffic stop, is the first thing you do is to tell the cop to **** off?

Granted this type of reaction is partially due to any lack of respect for the police which this type of behavior creates this lack of respect, but some common sense has to come into play.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
          A cop practically ran out of his car to knee her in the ribs. There is no excuse for that, unless they are in genuine risk of physical harm, which they very clearly were not here. They acted like ****ing animals, and if you think that's a-okay they you deserve your barbaric ****ty justice system.
          Crime doesn't pay.

People suffer far worse injuries through no fault of their own all the time

Comment

Better putting a bag on someones head, than a shoe

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
              Crime doesn't pay.
              Pathetic. Our cops are ****s at times, but if this had happened here, there would have been a national outrage. There you rush to defend the poor police who might have bruised their knuckles punching a young girl. **** is wrong with you?

Comment

You are mistaken if you think there won't be a national outrage.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It will no doubt come to light that she had recently purchased skittles and iced tea (two substances that can magically be combined (by black people) into super-crack cocaine) and therefore anything done to her was justified
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Whoops, black people use fruit juice and skittles (not iced tea and skittles) to manufacture drugs. Mea culpa.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                      Pathetic. Our cops are ****s at times, but if this had happened here, there would have been a national outrage. There you rush to defend the poor police who might have bruised their knuckles punching a young girl. **** is wrong with you?
                      you're rushing to white knight on behalf of the poor girl who was resisting arrest and did everything she possibly could to make the cops mad

Comment

"the cops are mad" & "USA" = If they did not beat you to death, shot you from point blank range while you were trying to run away from their assault, but just used a reasonable amount of violence against you, so you will heal in a matter of weeks, consider yourself lucky.

USA = third world.
                        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                          You are mistaken if you think there won't be a national outrage.
                          For three days, maybe. I mean, "rapist gets six months" got about a week, and so did "crazed Muslim guns down gay Latino nightclub." I haven't seen an article or FB post about this yet, so possibly not even that. I guess it could go viral anyway, but there's not a lot that stands out about this after all the black suspects who got straight-up killed resisting arrest/in custody.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Yeah, I mean I think the police were totally out of line, but my first reaction was still "welp, at least nobody was killed this time." Huzzah for violent non-murderous policemen.

Comment

Q: Somebody has spit on you, a police officer!!! What is an appropriate reaction?
                              1. Arrest the person who spit on you
                              2. Arrest the person who spit on you, and also torture them for ****s and giggles (remember: tazers usually don't leave marks)
                              3. Murder the person who spit on you

It's at the point where answer 2 is starting to become acceptable just because it's better than answer 3

Comment

I still have not seen anything about this on CNN, Yahoo, MSNBC, or FOX.
                                Order of the Fly
                                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                                X