Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How desperate for customers is Bank of America?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an old school acquaintance, who, after a stint as adviser in the Prime Minister's office received a cozy sinecure as some sort of vice-CEO in the Australian Banking Association.

To hear him describe it, his job was basically to find ways that the banking industry could fleece customers that the individual banks would all hold solidarity on when challenged by regulators. Sounds like cartel activity to me, but whatever. My acquaintance had no moral qualms with his job at all, saw it as value adding. A highly valuable individual, justifying his seven figure salary.

Comment

I think you should do it just to screw over Bank of America and then, because you only did it for screwing purposes, give me the money.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Wouldn't be the first time Wells Fargo drove somebody nuts.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Why would you waste your time? That short on cash?
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

They'll screw you anyway they can. Fees for everything, always changing terms of service on their accounts with new fees for different irrelevancies. They'll break your automatic transfers and then charge you fees for not having an automatic transfer, and then pile on overdraft fees if the fees for their **** up put you over the limit. They won't apologize for their mistake or withdraw the fees or even fix the broken automatic transfer ... So they can continue to charge the fees for the automatic transfer not going through each month.
            I found them very helpful and they did a good job with my transfers. Only banking issue I ever had was with an internet vendor who continued to bill my account after I cancelled. WF quite happily dealt with that.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
              Why would you waste your time? That short on cash?
              An hour effort for 300$ and the joy of money for nothing? Always worthwhile.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                I found them very helpful and they did a good job with my transfers. Only banking issue I ever had was with an internet vendor who continued to bill my account after I cancelled. WF quite happily dealt with that.
                They've charged me a $31 fee both times I had to issue a stop payment due to fraudulent charges. I'm sure they were very happy to take the money for a minute of teller time.

Comment

They've charged me a $31 fee both times I had to issue a stop payment due to fraudulent charges. I'm sure they were very happy to take the money for a minute of teller time.
                  I wasn't charged anything for it.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

The $31 fee is standard (most banks have a similar fee as well). You must have gotten lucky, or be misrepresenting what happened. Given your record, probably the latter.

Comment

The $31 fee is standard (most banks have a similar fee as well). You must have gotten lucky, or be misrepresenting what happened. Given your record, probably the latter.
                      You should try treating them with kindness for a change.

Comment

I've always been polite when dealing with Wells Fargo. $31 is their fee for a stop payment order, it's what they charge everyone for the service.

You have a long history of lying about basically everything. Maybe someone took pity on you ... or they messed up ... but most likely you're just lying about this like you lie about everything else.

Comment

You have a long history of lying about basically everything. Maybe someone took pity on you ... or they messed up ... but most likely you're just lying about this like you lie about everything else.
                          Well, that's probably it right there. You called them. I went in to see them in person.

Comment

You're lying again ... I never said I called them.

Comment

my local bank charged me about 30 to stop a check

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                                You're lying again ... I never said I called them.
                                They have Wells Fargo in the Philippines???
                                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X