No announcement yet.

Trump vs Hillary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see Trump's getting the racist label for claiming a judge with Mexican ancestry is biased

and he argued the same thing if the judge was a Muslim

Comment

• The guy is mentally ill. He can't control himself.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
        and the dominoes will fall....again
        Someone has to kick them over.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

The support was manufactured just like Papa Bush's war in Kuwait... I doubt people woke up on 9/12 and thought invading Iraq was the proper response
          Saddam was easy to dislike. It was the bad mustache and the buffoonery in front of the cameras, plus flipping us the bird. Americans are a fairly jingoistic bunch, and as a rule don't like our little brown people in third world ****holes getting uppity. Americans are also too influenced still by Clancy novels and Chuck Norris movies, and delude themselves into thinking we can kick those brown ****ers in the ass with one hand tied behind out backs.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Hillary hates brown people?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
              I don't think Putin is expanding Russian influence so much as he is expanding Putin's influence.
              But comrade, Putin is Russia and Russia is Putin.

Nor do I believe Trump is stupid, exactly.
              Cockroaches and rats are pretty smart within their fields of expertise, too. Trump is brilliant at being a huckster and manipulating the media. So is the Kardashian borg queen for that matter. As Dirty Harry put it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2JnCXvm_Qc

Comment

• A talent for manipulation such as Trump has now shown is far from trivial. He's managed to steal the party from its own machine, create and control a whole new political movement, and now he's managing his enemies rather well. The way he provoked the recent riots was a (horrible, evil) masterstroke.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Everyone seems to forget that Saddam tried his best to convince everyone he had nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons. He thought his would scare us into leaving him alone and it backfired spectacularly.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                    A talent for manipulation such as Trump has now shown is far from trivial. He's managed to steal the party from its own machine, create and control a whole new political movement, and now he's managing his enemies rather well. The way he provoked the recent riots was a (horrible, evil) masterstroke.
                    He hasn't created a movement. He's a populist, and a scam artist. He's going to lose and spend the rest of his days as a loser.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                      Everyone seems to forget that Saddam tried his best to convince everyone he had nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons. He thought his would scare us into leaving him alone and it backfired spectacularly.
                      The problem with the Iraq invasion wasn't so much the lack of a reason so much as too many, not all of them sensible, being thrown out as though attempting to overwhelm skeptics with their numbers. We had:

1. Saddam is a Bad Man
                      2. He is making WMD
                      3. Beacon of democracy theory
                      4. Saddam is somehow linked to terrorists or 9/11

And probably some others I've forgotten in the intervening thirteen years. None of those were particularly compelling on their own, because

1. The world is/was full of Bad Men in power, most of whom we suffered to rule unmolested
                      2. The evidence for WMD was weak, if not outright silly
                      3. Iraq was essentially a fake country created by fiat, and had no tradition whatever of democracy to build on
                      4. No, he wasn't. At all.

All of these were overridden, because

5. Our Nation is going through a Time of Crisis and we must rally around our Commander-in-Chief or else the Terrorists Win.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

yes she did

Clinton supporters want Democratic voters to forgive their candidate's support for the most disastrous foreign policy decision in decades. They shouldn't.

and she lied to the families of people killed at Benghazi too

she's slimier than Trump
                        I was with you until you started babbling nonsense about right eing Benghazi conspiravies. You are aware that the Republican Co gressional report 100% cleared her on alk the claims/lies/smears the right wing made against her, right?

Look, I don't like her much either but you are just barking at the moon at this point.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

If Donald Trump is going to do what he says he's gonna do, we are going to be at war with every country in the world, and those that we're not at war with they're going to be at war with each other - Madeleine Albright

sec of state from 97-01

no wonder 9/11 is part of the Clinton legacy
                          What? 9/11 wad dome how bill's fault even though it happened during Bush Junior's term, that Bill Clinton warned Bush about Al Qaeda's plan to fly planes into buildings, and Bush deliberately ignored that warning because they didn't want to do anything which the other side said?

Just put the crack pipe down, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
                            If she knew Iraq didn't have WMD's why would she vote to authorize an invasion?
                            Pure political expedience. She wanted to run in 2008 and was afraid she would be called weak if she voted against war. She is first and foremost a hide bound political animal. She'd still be better than Trump but she is also very much a traditional too faced politician who will say or do what ever she thinks well help her poll numbers best. Even on issues like war and peace she had no central principles beyond poll numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                              Everyone seems to forget that Saddam tried his best to convince everyone he had nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons. He thought his would scare us into leaving him alone and it backfired spectacularly.
                              when did Saddam claim to have nukes?

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                              I was with you until you started babbling nonsense about right eing Benghazi conspiravies. You are aware that the Republican Co gressional report 100% cleared her on alk the claims/lies/smears the right wing made against her, right?

Look, I don't like her much either but you are just barking at the moon at this point.
                              family members went on TV and accused Hillary of telling them their loved ones were killed by an attack instigated by a Florida preacher

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                              What? 9/11 wad dome how bill's fault even though it happened during Bush Junior's term, that Bill Clinton warned Bush about Al Qaeda's plan to fly planes into buildings, and Bush deliberately ignored that warning because they didn't want to do anything which the other side said?

Just put the crack pipe down, man.
                              Clinton shares the blame for 9/11 just as Papa Bush shares the blame for the first attack in '93, both men could have avoided "the war on terror" by pulling the army out of Saudi Arabia

Comment

• And George Washington could have prevented the war on terror by dismantling the military after becoming president.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X