Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a sin not to tell people the truth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a sin not to tell people the truth?

Let's say your wife asks you if she looks fat, and she does, but you say no she doesn't because you don't want to deal with it.

Let's say that someone's wife just died and she was a horrible person, but you tell the husband how wonderful she was.

Let's say a disabled person says that he can do everything that everyone else does and you nod your head in approval.

Is all of that a sin?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

The correct answers would be:

a) 'Damn I would love to lift you and bang against the wall but I'm too weak, will you go to the gym with me?'

b) 'I'm sorry for YOUR loss.' Implying only his feelings towards her are valid, while only conceding your Emotion towards him

c) ' Everyone has limits, I can neither run as fast a Jamaican sprintstar [cut], focus on your strengths rather than overcoming weaknesses'

There. Sins avoided, Heaven awaits.
    Last edited by Main_Brain; January 21, 2016, 09:17. Reason: cut, also switched angel->good
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Truthfulness is not a 'sin' (I'm not arguing a theological point, hence quote). Intentions are the factor.

If I told you a harsh truth like "no one likes you, you are fat, I don't see why you bother trying for that job" etc just to mess your head up, even though true, it's not superior to a white lie with honest intention.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Let's say your wife asks you if she looks fat, and she does, but you say no she doesn't because you don't want to deal with it.
        I find the way you phrased it 'because you don't want to deal with it.' typical of your selfishness and a good reason why you probably suck at relationships.
        Most people would have phrased it "because you didn't want to hurt their feeling or make them feel inadequate.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
          I find the way you phrased it 'because you don't want to deal with it.' typical of your selfishness and a good reason why you probably suck at relationships.
          Most people would have phrased it "because you didn't want to hurt their feeling or make them feel inadequate.
          I don't associate with people like you in real life.

Comment

That's part of your problem. Maybe if you associated with people that pointed out your possible faults, you could improve yourself instead of being such a selfish ****.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
              That's part of your problem. Maybe if you associated with people that pointed out your possible faults, you could improve yourself instead of being such a selfish ****.
              What problem? You're the one with the problem. That's why you keep *****ing.

Comment

What problem?
                As I said, lack of recognition is part of the problem.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You the one who doesn't understand what an ******* he is. How many friends have you lost since you started policing people's language like a nazi?

Comment

Since I have never considered you or BK friends, none.
                    And I'm not policing your language, just pointing out how hateful some of your beliefs are.
                    You claim not to to dislike women, but too many of your posts demonstrate otherwise.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Since I have never considered you or BK friends, none.
                      Pretty funny because for the longest time I considered you one of mine, enough so that when the first time you guys retired, I tried to do something nice for the two of you.

Point Kidicious here.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                      X