Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will future generations condemn you for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soylent Green is people!
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

My children will condemn me for:

girls: building a house with only 1 bathroom
      boys: for male pattern baldness

On a societal level, future generations will condemn us for opposing GMO too much, or alternately, for not opposing GMO enough. It depends on whether the GMO meat slabs grown in brine or GMO airborne flesh eating virus get created first.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        My children will condemn me for:

girls: building a house with only 1 bathroom
        boys: for male pattern baldness

On a societal level, future generations will condemn us for opposing GMO too much, or alternately, for not opposing GMO enough. It depends on whether the GMO meat slabs grown in brine or GMO airborne flesh eating virus get created first.

So long as my GMO meat slabs grown in brine are free range it'll all be good.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Nothing. They'll be too concerned about condemning everyone else to notice me.

Comment

Realistically, I doubt I'll be important enough for future generations to condemn me personally. Assuming you mean "our whole generation" or subsets thereof who think or act like me, much depends on the severity of future events. If everything continues hunky-dory, we'll become more fastidiously progressive, and everybody will tsk about meat-eating, opposition to polyamory, and sundry other stuff I can't take seriously. If, on the other hand, things get bad enough for reactionary movements to gain power, we'll be hated for even thinking about tolerating polyamorists, homosexuals, etc. and thus causing society to decay so badly that whatever happened happened.

The only thing that's really a given is that they'll blame us for the climate thing, because duh.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Given the way things are going in Australia these days, they'll condemn me, hypothetically, for enjoying substances. Alcohol, nicotine, meat, all those good things.

Comment

(in general, I think this question tends to be interpreted as, "how do you condemn currently prevalent values, and assume future generations will agree with you because your own values are right?")
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Oh, and knocking out kids with gay abandon.

I actually agree with the concept that we, as a species, ought to reduce population growth, but hey, there's my beliefs, then there's my life.

Comment

I suspect I'll be condemned for brainwashing the best and brightest into leaving Earth to die and starting a space colony.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Nothing.
                        They will meticoulosly study what happened in a sense of awe and admiration and regard us demigods

Comment

lazyness and laughing in the face of my "potential" with a beer in hand while listening to booming gangsta rap.
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

There will be no future generations.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                              There will be no future generations.
                              This post was made 7 minutes ago, so I suspect you're already wrong.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Think about it the other way. Who said this generation ever had to die out? I envision some sort of "uplifting" to the cloud within 40 years.....

This generation will just continue to expand and expand and expand.....
                                Last edited by pchang; January 20, 2016, 14:40.
                                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                                X